Mafia's Diamond Jubilee - Game 60

HT Reddy

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1619426' date='Dec 14 2008, 19.05']I know. It's so interesting.

Read it.
No.
Read it.
I did read it.
No you didn't.
I read it.
Reread it.

I might have lost track of the actual argument, but... :stunned:[/quote]

I think they completely swamped my vote for SSC and the substantiation behind it with this... stuff.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619423' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.02']I'm [i]soooooooooooooooooooooooo[/i] glad we ditched the RP for this quarreling about whether LCC will or won't read whatever parts and pages in the thread.[/quote]

Sometimes, its worthwhile to have a discussion of how to play mafia. If there are new people in this game, I'd like to have them learn the right way, rather than pick up bad habits.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619429' date='Dec 14 2008, 19.07']I think they completely swamped my vote for SSC and the substantiation behind it with this... stuff.[/quote]

I read that, but I'm not sure. Evidence is lacking, IMO. And there are still 3 people to come on. What are the chances that they are all FMs?

[quote name='Emmanuel College' post='1619425' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.03']I find other things more suspicious. I do see it as noteworthy though.

I forgot we're only allowed to comment on things directly leading to cases and votes. :rolleyes:

Why are [i]you [/i]so eager to see me drop this any way?[/quote]
Because I don't want to reread all this crap.

And I think it's a waste of time for both you and Lucy, not to mention the rest of us.

[quote name='Girton College' post='1619420' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.01']P.S. SNL reference, King?[/quote]
Not intentionally but now that you mention it...

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619432' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.08']Sometimes, its worthwhile to have a discussion of how to play mafia. If there are new people in this game, I'd like to have them learn the right way, rather than pick up bad habits.[/quote]

So you decide what the right way and the wrong way is to play Mafia? You are the final authority? Who gave you the right o play [s]g[/s]mod!

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619432' date='Dec 14 2008, 19.08']Sometimes, its worthwhile to have a discussion of how to play mafia. If there are new people in this game, I'd like to have them learn the right way, rather than pick up bad habits.[/quote]

And this can't be done on the mafia forum or the mafia primer because...?

I fail to see any difference between it and fluff, and find it hypocritical that it is being mass produced by those who were most vehement against the day 1 RP.

[quote]There will be a minimum of 1 FM that can kill during the night.

There will be a minimum of 1 healer type role.

The following roles may or may not be used or may be used more than once.

Alignment Finder
Role Finder
Night Action finder
Lie detector
Guard
Friend
Vig
Solider
Symp
Roll less innocent

Any role may be combined with any other role any can be on any side except FM (they are always evil)
Symp will always be revealed as Innocent by the Mod CF and Alignment finder[/quote]

[quote name='New Hall' post='1619421' date='Dec 14 2008, 23.01']Am I the only one who spotted a contradiction here? :unsure:[/quote]

no contradiction. I have said there will be a mininium of one healer type role. I have not said what type of healer that/those role(s) will be.

[quote name='Girton College' post='1619435' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.10']So you decide what the right way and the wrong way is to play Mafia? You are the final authority? Who gave you the right o play [s]g[/s]mod![/quote]

Well, if you enjoy being wrong, I guess you can feel free to disagree with me. All I can do is show you the light. I can't make you believe.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619436' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.12']And this can't be done on the mafia forum or the mafia primer because...?[/quote]

Because sometimes its more useful to learn within the context of the game.

[quote]I fail to see any difference between it and fluff, and find it hypocritical that it is being mass produced by those who were most vehement against the day 1 RP.[/quote]

There's an enormous difference. The RP crap was completely meaningless and off topic. This discussion, on the other hand, is relevant to the game of mafia.

If you want to get back on track, then I'll ask you a question, Trinity. What do you think of my argument against Selwyn? You ignored it in the summary of your re-read.

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619439' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.14']Well, if you enjoy being wrong, I guess you can feel free to disagree with me. All I can do is show you the light. I can't make you believe.[/quote]

No true mod be you. You are a false mod, and must be smiteth :devil::smash:

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619442' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.18']Because sometimes its more useful to learn within the context of the game.[/quote]
The discussion here effectively takes it out of the context of a game. It's entirely detached from who is suspicious and who is it, and it's entirely about... well, imo, it's about nothing, but Emmanuel may disagree.

Regardless, it'd be just as effective to start a topic over on Soph's board.

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619442' date='Dec 14 2008, 19.18']If you want to get back on track, then I'll ask you a question, Trinity. What do you think of my argument against Selwyn? You ignored it in the summary of your re-read.[/quote]

My summary was just covering the points I felt were worth pointing out and made me suspicious. However, your argument against Selwyn was, if I recall correctly, based on him reiterating other people's arguments and yet not making a vote. It was also similar to the vote made by St Johns. Selwyn has now placed their vote and stated who their top two suspects are (while voting for suspect number 2 - slightly odd but understandable). While their is still a thin veneer of suspicion on Selwyn, I think he has managed to negate your arguments through actions.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619448' date='Dec 14 2008, 19.24']My summary was just covering the points I felt were worth pointing out and made me suspicious. However, your argument against Selwyn was, if I recall correctly, based on him reiterating other people's arguments and yet not making a vote. It was also similar to the vote made by St Johns. Selwyn has now placed their vote and stated who their top two suspects are (while voting for suspect number 2 - slightly odd but understandable). While their is still a thin veneer of suspicion on Selwyn, I think he has managed to negate your arguments through actions.[/quote]

He voted for me, didn't he? I'd better go and check.

[quote name='King's College' post='1619447' date='Dec 14 2008, 18.23']Regardless, it'd be just as effective to start a topic over on Soph's board.[/quote]

I disagree. A thread couldn't be started on Soph's board until after the game, if you really want to respect the alt rules. And my experience is that people don't often bother with this type of conversation, once they are removed from the immediate situation.

[quote name='Proctors' Office' post='1619399' date='Dec 14 2008, 23.47']It is day 1.

20 players remain: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

2 votes for Clare College (Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College)
2 votes for Hughes Hall (St. John's College, Clare College)
2 votes for King's College (Girton College, Wolfson College)
2 votes for Queens' College (St Catherine's College, New Hall)
2 votes for Wolfson College (Selwyn College, Magdalene College)
1 vote for Corpus Christi College (King's College)
1 vote for New Hall (Sidney Sussex College)
1 vote for Pembroke College (Hughes Hall)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for Selwyn College (Pembroke College)
1 vote for Sidney Sussex College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for St. John's College (Peterhouse)

3 players have not voted: Gonville and Caius College, Queens' College, Robinson College.

Pebs is gonna be arround for another hour. Tomorrow I'm working night shift so you will have better mod coverage.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I voted for [b]Selwyn[/b].

Archived