Mafia's Diamond Jubilee - Game 60

HT Reddy

[quote]Please. That's the biggest bunch of crock I have ever heard. Joke roleplay votes over pirates killing aside, there is no way Wolfson should be gathering votes right now. His crime is being too active. Seriously? If he was posting tons of fluff and coasting by once we were in the crunch stage, I might be suspicious. Right now? I'm willing to have a close look at those wanting him to hang for "over posting".[/quote]

But Wolfson is only active in the joking and rp sense. He's posted nothing serious. Activity without content is not a virtue.

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1619284' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.22']I am? What questions am I dismissing?[/quote]

The questions I posted to Corpus. I asked him why he changed his vote and you said "he's confused, don't worry." That's dismissing my questions, as if they were unimportant. Looks like an attempt to keep the discussion away from him. Or a symp trying to lay false trails.

[quote name='Corpus']I got bored, and actually intended to put it back. However, I didnt, probably because I forgot, or had to leave, dinner was around that time.

[b]Clare[/b] again.

For the reasons I put earlier.

Ta for reminding me. And making me feel stupid for forgetting. I suppose.[/quote]

Seriously?

[quote name='King's College' post='1619288' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.26']I think it should be obvious that any FM would have a head on their shoulders, and wouldn't pull some strange stunt like that.[/quote]

One of the biggest lesson's I've had to learn, not just in Mafia but in life in general, is never assume everyone else is as smart as you are.

I'm not giving Clare a free ride just because it would have been a dumb move.

[quote name='Emmanuel College' post='1619285' date='Dec 14 2008, 14.24']Wolfson. He's our top suspect because he posts a lot? Seriously? And the fact that last game the top poster early on turned out evil is being used?

Please. That's the biggest bunch of crock I have ever heard. Joke roleplay votes over pirates killing aside, there is no way Wolfson should be gathering votes right now. His crime is being too active. Seriously? If he was posting tons of fluff and coasting by once we were in the crunch stage, I might be suspicious. Right now? I'm willing to have a close look at those wanting him to hang for "over posting".[/quote]

I know I've been on a bit of a hiatus, but has posting a lot become the new not posting a lot? :unsure:

In any case, I'm voting for Wolfton because I thought Selwyn's wishy-washy reaction to him was possibly indicative of being a symp or partner.

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619295' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.30']The questions I posted to Corpus. I asked him why he changed his vote and you said "he's confused, don't worry." That's dismissing my questions, as if they were unimportant. Looks like an attempt to keep the discussion away from him. Or a symp trying to lay false trails.[/quote]

I was just joking, but if the question isn't aimed towards me, I can hardly dismiss it, can I?

[quote name='St Catherine's College' post='1619292' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.28']But Wolfson is only active in the joking and rp sense. He's posted nothing serious. Activity without content is not a virtue.[/quote]

Right now, we can count the serious content on one hand. Activity at this point is usually indicative of activity later.

It's still a bullshit argument. "He's been too active early on. He must be evil!"

Activity without content is shitty when we're in crunch. When we're in playful RP, it's not good or bad. It's certainly not lynchworthy though, or even suspicion-raising. Trying to make out it is, is though.

Umm, you're saying we shouldnt look for things suspicious because a FM would be too clever for stuff like that? Wow, what a good idea that is. Gratz indeed.

And yes, many things I said were said before. Theres isnt much to go on at this point. The main scummy thing about the post was that it was rushing, as if we needed to lynch for the sake of the lynch. Thats one scummy point. So, if someone else points out that one point, its fairly hard not to sound like an echo, if you happen to agree, or have noticed the same thing.

See for example St Johns agreement with Pembroke, except he was voting. Oh no, so was Pembroke actually. So whats the difference there, which was waved off with a laugh, and that train has gained a few votes fairly quickly, some with not much reason.

[quote name='Proctors' Office' post='1619287' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.25']It is day 1.

20 players remain: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

4 votes for Hughes Hall (St. John's College, Girton College, Wolfson College, Clare College)
3 votes for Wolfson College (Pembroke College, Selwyn College, Magdalene College)
2 votes for Clare College (Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College)
2 votes for Queens' College (St Catherine's College, New Hall)
1 vote for Gonville and Caius College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for New Hall (Sidney Sussex College)
1 vote for Pembroke College (Hughes Hall)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for St. John's College (Peterhouse)

4 players have not voted: Gonville and Caius College, King's College, Queens' College, Robinson College.[/quote]

Umm, mods? That vote count isn't even close to being right. For one thing, my vote is still on Selwyn.

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619295' date='Dec 14 2008, 23.30']The questions I posted to Corpus. I asked him why he changed his vote and you said "he's confused, don't worry." That's dismissing my questions, as if they were unimportant. Looks like an attempt to keep the discussion away from him. Or a symp trying to lay false trails.

Seriously?[/quote]

Umm, yes seriously im afraid :rolleyes:

[quote name='Emmanuel College' post='1619300' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.32']Right now, we can count the serious content on one hand. Activity at this point is usually indicative of activity later.

It's still a bullshit argument. "He's been too active early on. He must be evil!"

Activity without content is shitty when we're in crunch. When we're in playful RP, it's not good or bad. It's certainly not lynchworthy though, or even suspicion-raising. Trying to make out it is, is though.[/quote]

I don't know. You're making a huge argument for me. Isn't that a bit suspicious? I'm not the most experienced, but in my book, that's almost as suspicious as people who are taking bad reactions to joke posts. I am seriously confused now.

[quote name='Corpus Christi College' post='1619309' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.37']Eh?
You're saying he's suspicious for defending you, even though you're gaining a block of votes over basically RP'ing a lot, and not posting much content.[/quote]

Well, I'm not sure. Is it normal for people to defend others so heavily? If people want to lynch me for joke posts, that's a bit weird, but there are no real suspects bar Clare at the moment, so I can't say.

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1619305' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.36']I don't know. You're making a huge argument for me. Isn't that a bit suspicious? I'm not the most experienced, but in my book, that's almost as suspicious as people who are taking bad reactions to joke posts. I am seriously confused now.[/quote]

Let me lay it out simply here.

My job is to find the killers and lynch them.

Posting a lot of fluff during the game proper is suspicious. Posting a lot of fluff during RP is pretty much expected. Therefore, anyone suggesting that it's suspicious for someone to be posting so much fluff during roleplay is deceiving us. They aren't being entirely truthful or honest with us... It's an awfully shitty argument.

Therefore in the interest of doing my job, I have to point out that the argument is shit. If it results in a lynch, rather than someone who's done something genuinely suspicious being lynched, chances are we lose out.

Remember, this isn't a game of survival, it's a team game. I believe that right now, chances are you are on my team. You are more likely to be on my team than someone who's actually done something shitty, anyway. That's why i'm making the argument for you.

[quote name='Corpus Christi College' post='1619302' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.33']Umm, you're saying we shouldnt look for things suspicious because a FM would be too clever for stuff like that? Wow, what a good idea that is. Gratz indeed.

And yes, many things I said were said before. Theres isnt much to go on at this point. The main scummy thing about the post was that it was rushing, as if we needed to lynch for the sake of the lynch. Thats one scummy point. So, if someone else points out that one point, its fairly hard not to sound like an echo, if you happen to agree, or have noticed the same thing.

See for example St Johns agreement with Pembroke, except he was voting. Oh no, so was Pembroke actually. So whats the difference there, which was waved off with a laugh, and that train has gained a few votes fairly quickly, some with not much reason.[/quote]
I think you're looking for the wrong things suspicious, buddy. Look for subtlety. There's a bloody mod CF. There are role finders and night action finders on the role list. Think about it. No one wants to be obviously suspicious, least of all the FM.

Stupid does not equal scummy. (Sorry, Clare, but that vote was stupid. No getting around that.) That's the crux of it, and I think you were too opportunistic there. People made snarky comments at Clare. That's fair. Something like that deserves some snark.

But [i]why[/i] do you think an FM would push for a lynch this early in the day? Seriously. Why? As long as the FM lynch anybody that's no an FM, they're good to go. If they're going to draw attention, they're going to do so by playing at being a leader. They're not going to ask to compromise 40 hours before day's end. They have no reason to. At worst, Clare's a nervous and inexperienced symp doing something suspicious to distract from someone like Wolfson. More likely, he's just an innocent that's got something funny going on upstairs.

The argument does seem pretty weak. Its day one. RP happens. It seems kinda suspicious the number of votes gained so fast, yet ive got to go to now, so cant stay around to look into it, or discuss anything. My vote stays, although second to clare would probably be one of the people voting Wolfson.

[quote name='Corpus Christi College' post='1619317' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.43']The argument does seem pretty weak. Its day one. RP happens. It seems kinda suspicious the number of votes gained so fast, yet ive got to go to now, so cant stay around to look into it, or discuss anything. My vote stays, although second to clare would probably be one of the people voting Wolfson.[/quote]
Brilliant. Disappear when I want to attack you. Now I've got to find someone else to be suspicious of while you're gone! :tantrum:

Except since everyone is thinking thats too stupid to look into, its actually a fairly safe way of getting thought more innocent, since any finders will also be looking for subtlety and ignoring the obvious. So unless you're the killer, you dont know the killers plans, or how they intend to play. Neither do I. So I just go by what I find most suspicious.
So far thats been Clares post, and the case and quick piling of votes on Wolf.

[quote name='Emmanuel College' post='1619312' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.40']Let me lay it out simply here.

My job is to find the killers and lynch them.

Posting a lot of fluff during the game proper is suspicious. Posting a lot of fluff during RP is pretty much expected. Therefore, anyone suggesting that it's suspicious for someone to be posting so much fluff during roleplay is deceiving us. They aren't being entirely truthful or honest with us... It's an awfully shitty argument.

Therefore in the interest of doing my job, I have to point out that the argument is shit. If it results in a lynch, rather than someone who's done something genuinely suspicious being lynched, chances are we lose out.

Remember, this isn't a game of survival, it's a team game. I believe that right now, chances are you are on my team. You are more likely to be on my team than someone who's actually done something shitty, anyway. That's why i'm making the argument for you.[/quote]

But how do I know that you're not an FM. I don't know and you could be laying false trails. But the chances are we may be on the same side, but I'm becoming of suspicious of everyone now.

Archived