Mafia's Diamond Jubilee - Game 60

HT Reddy

[quote name='King's College' post='1619249' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.55']Allow me to rephrase a little.

Yeah, I expect a lot of random crap early Day 1. It's no problem. What I'm concerned with is how active we are (and I'm sure that'll slow down a little after we get serious) coupled with really, really long days. By Day 3, we'll still have 16 players and if it keeps going at this rate, there'll be at least 30+ pages, and that's quite a conservative estimate, to go through on a reread. That's... a little daunting.[/quote]

[OT] I found it harder to keep up with the "Slow games" than the fast games. Too much to re-read without the game going anywhere. [/OT]

[quote name='Sidney Sussex College' post='1619251' date='Dec 14 2008, 13.55']Maybe another vote will cure the nonchalant attitude. [b]Wolfson College[/b][/quote]

Interesting. So you have a problem with the non-serious tone of the game and then vote for Wolfson becuase you don't like his attitude. :rolleyes:

[quote name='King's College' post='1619249' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.55']Yeah, I expect a lot of random crap early Day 1. It's no problem. What I'm concerned with is how active we are (and I'm sure that'll slow down a little after we get serious) coupled with really, really long days. By Day 3, we'll still have 16 players and if it keeps going at this rate, there'll be at least 30+ pages, and that's quite a conservative estimate, to go through on a reread. That's... a little daunting.[/quote]

I feel your pain. Hell, I left the thread for two hours to watch some football and came back to find two more pages. It almost makes me dread going to sleep and waking to find a hundred or so posts to catch up on.

[quote name='King's College' post='1619249' date='Dec 14 2008, 21.55']In other news, I think Clare's strange reason on his vote makes him seem more innocent. There is no bloody way in hell that an FM's that stupid. I mean, what a conspicuous move. I'm a little suspicious of the people that've voiced suspicions on him, and given that this is day 1, a little suspicious is a lot suspicious.[/quote]

I think your last seven words summed up why people have jumped on Clare's mistake.

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1619260' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.02']Is there any possiblity that Clare didn't realise that there was so much time to vote?[/quote]

That seems unlikely, I think the mods emphasised the day timing quite a bit.

However, I've completely missed things like that in the past.

Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College..

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

4 votes for Wolfson College. (Emmanuel College, Peterhouse, Sidney Sussex College, Magdalene College)
3 votes for Hughes Hall (Girton College, Wolfson College., Clare College)
3 votes for Selwyn College (St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Pembroke College)
1 vote for Girton College (Corpus Christi College)
1 vote for Gonville and Caius College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for Pembroke College (Hughes Hall)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for Queens' College (New Hall)

5 players have not voted: Gonville and Caius College, King's College, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College.

just a fly-by post, stuff in RL is startin to pick up and i have to get going. in retrospect i can see why my post looks so bad, but i actually thought i was bein helpful, sorry about that. im not sure when im gonna get back so ill put a vote for [b]wolfson[/b] down. youre probably gonna say im jumpin on the wagon or something, but i prbly wont b back till tomorrow and since puttin a vote down on Clare seems like it would b a waste of a vote ill put it on my 2nd choice.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619261' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.04']That seems unlikely, I think the mods emphasised the day timing quite a bit.

However, I've completely missed things like that in the past.[/quote]

Maybe he felt like he didn't need to read the rules and just skipped that whole part.

[quote name='Corpus Christi College' post='1619171' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.06']This post by [b]Clare college[/b] strikes me as very odd, we have no reason to rush. I mean, this game is way longer than most, theres no need for lynching for the sake of a lynch yet, and wont be for a while.[/quote]

[quote name='Corpus Christi College' post='1619199' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.18']Gonna [b]remove vote[/b] so that I can vote [b]Girton College[/b] for being such a liar, in the above post :D[/quote]

I'm confused. Is there a reason why you cast a serious vote against Clare, and then replaced it with an apparent joke vote on Girton? Did something happen in the 12 minute interim that made you feel your vote on Clare was no longer justified?

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619271' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.14']I'm confused. Is there a reason why you cast a serious vote against Clare, and then replaced it with an apparent joke vote on Girton? Did something happen in the 12 minute interim that made you feel your vote on Clare was no longer justified?[/quote]

He's a confused person, don't worry. He still has another day and a half to vote though.

I got bored, and actually intended to put it back. However, I didnt, probably because I forgot, or had to leave, dinner was around that time.

[b]Clare[/b] again.

For the reasons I put earlier.

Ta for reminding me. And making me feel stupid for forgetting. I suppose.

Right, so what have I missed?

Wolfson. He's our top suspect because he posts a lot? Seriously? And the fact that last game the top poster early on turned out evil is being used?

Please. That's the biggest bunch of crock I have ever heard. Joke roleplay votes over pirates killing aside, there is no way Wolfson should be gathering votes right now. His crime is being too active. Seriously? If he was posting tons of fluff and coasting by once we were in the crunch stage, I might be suspicious. Right now? I'm willing to have a close look at those wanting him to hang for "over posting".

Selwyn, a bit flip-floppy. I don't like flipflops. The only thing I like less is contradictions. And Brussel sprouts I guess... but as far as Mafia goes, it's only contradictions. That said, this is a big game, 20 players. Therefore it goes without saying that we'll have new players. We'll have rusty old players. Basically, this isn't just core mafia addicts, so I'm willing to give a pass for now. Again, once we're into real crunch, flip-flopping will constitute a hanging offense on my watch.

Hughes? WTF? I tried reading twice and couldn't see where the lynch train came from. There was nothing there. Less than nothing. But, it was a small train. These mini-pile ons happen. They are usefull to try to provoke a reaction. However, for [b]Clare[/b] to use it to seriously suggest that we should take him as a compromise vote? Early on day 1, when we have real life days to mull this thing over and find more evidence than "Hey, he was the first natural pile on"...

So yeah. Clare is on my shit list. I really don't like that. New player, old player, rusty player, there's no excuse for wanting to rush day 1 "for the CF result" this early.
Selwyn is someone i'd probably compromise vote on. After all, there was flip flopping of the first degree there. Wolfson? Now we're out of silly roleplay (or so it seems / so i hope), I have nothing against. The pile on and attempt to put the wolf down for over posting rubs me the wrong way, and makes him VSCBMI. That's very slightly could be maybe innocent, which is a step above everyone else, but a marathon away from any sort of PI or CI status. Yeah, he's the one i'd least like to vote off right now.

It is day 1.

20 players remain: Clare College, Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College, Girton College, Gonville and Caius College, Hughes Hall, King's College, Lucy Cavendish College, Magdalene College, New Hall, Pembroke College, Peterhouse, Queens' College, Robinson College, Selwyn College, Sidney Sussex College, St Catherine's College, St. John's College, Trinity Hall, Wolfson College.

11 votes are needed for a conviction or 10 to go to night.

4 votes for Hughes Hall (St. John's College, Girton College, Wolfson College, Clare College)
3 votes for Wolfson College (Pembroke College, Selwyn College, Magdalene College)
2 votes for Clare College (Corpus Christi College, Emmanuel College)
2 votes for Queens' College (St Catherine's College, New Hall)
1 vote for Gonville and Caius College (Trinity Hall)
1 vote for New Hall (Sidney Sussex College)
1 vote for Pembroke College (Hughes Hall)
1 vote for Peterhouse (Lucy Cavendish College)
1 vote for St. John's College (Peterhouse)

4 players have not voted: Gonville and Caius College, King's College, Queens' College, Robinson College.

[quote name='St Catherine's College' post='1619255' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.58'][OT] I found it harder to keep up with the "Slow games" than the fast games. Too much to re-read without the game going anywhere. [/OT][/quote]
Keeping up is easy in an active game like this. I'll be a little hazy on the details, but I'm sure I'll be able to keep myself from being useless. On the other hand, re-reading is gonna suck monkey balls.

Anyhow, did a quick look-through at the first reactions to Clare's funny vote.

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=32757&view=findpost&p=1619132"]Wolfson[/url] reacted lightly with a joke. Not even a raised eyebrow from him, which is a little strange in its own right.

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=32757&view=findpost&p=1619149"]Pembroke[/url] likes the decision to compromise on a lynch 40 hours before day's end. No vote from him, just sarcasm.

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=32757&view=findpost&p=1619152"]St John's[/url] agrees that we should give the FMs a free ride. Yessiree. Again, no vote. Just sarcasm.

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=32757&view=findpost&p=1619153"Trinity%5b/url%5d%20thinks%20it's%20strange.%20%20In%20other%20news,%20Trinity%20is%20our%20local%20Captain%20Obvious.%5burl="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=32757&view=findpost&p=1619157"]Peterhouse[/url] does not like the sudden "train" of 4 votes on Hughes. Hate to break it to you man, but if 4 votes out of 10 to lynch is a train then I'm betting you took the short bus to school as a kid. :P

[quote name='Corpus Christi College' post='1619171' date='Dec 14 2008, 15.06']This post by [b]Clare college[/b] strikes me as very odd, we have no reason to rush. I mean, this game is way longer than most, theres no need for lynching for the sake of a lynch yet, and wont be for a while.[/quote]
Corpus votes Clare after all of the above have voiced their thoughts. He then echoes what everyone else has said. Well done, Corp buddy ol' pal. I wish I was capable of that much original thought! Is he an FM jumping for easy bait? I don't like this. I don't like this at all. He's already heard all the players above say their thoughts (or just snark at) Clare's vote. I think it should be obvious that any FM would have a head on their shoulders, and wouldn't pull some strange stunt like that. It seems very [i]very[/i] suspicious to me for someone to capitalize on someone's vote like this.

So yes. [b]Corpus Christi College[/b]. Me no like.

Also, a bit afterward, [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=32757&view=findpost&p=1619179"]Selwyn[/url] is wary of Clare.

[quote name='Pembroke College' post='1619271' date='Dec 14 2008, 17.14']I'm confused. Is there a reason why you cast a serious vote against Clare, and then replaced it with an apparent joke vote on Girton? Did something happen in the 12 minute interim that made you feel your vote on Clare was no longer justified?[/quote]

Well spotted. Christi joins my slightly-shitty list. Distancing?

If we do flip Clare, and they flip guilty, we'll be flipping you next, 'kay?

Note: It's hard not to call clare, christi, etc. by "she" rather than "he", but i know it'll bring out a whole "gender slip" argument.

Archived