Favorite quotes of all time

Darkstar8

[quote name='Howlin' Howland' post='1662614' date='Jan 26 2009, 10.08']"I wish your princess would just die." -- Arya Stark

Funny when you first get the joke, creepy when you remember that Arya was wishing people dead two chapters earlier.[/quote]

A similar ironic meeting is when Gendry comes across his half-sister at the Peach.

Lady Oleanna Tyrell, the Queen of Thorns:

"Loras is young, and very good at knocking men off horses with sticks. That does not make him wise."

Lady O again, about Renly:

"Gallant, yes, and charming, and very clean. He knew how to dress and he knew how to smile and he knew how to bathe, and somehow he got the notion that this made him fit to be king."

I've got myself a new favorite. It's kind of spread over several Arya chapters, but it made me chuckle.

First, in an earlier chapter:
[i]Hot Pie peered around uncertainly. "Which way is north?"
She used her cheese to point. "That way."
"But there's no sun. How do you know?"
"From the moss. See how it grows mostly on one side of the trees? That's
south."
"What do we want with the north?" Gendry wanted to know.
"The Trident." Arya unrolled the stolen map to show them.[/i]

Then, in a later chapter, Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie are still looking for Riverrun...

ARYA: We're going the wrong way. We're going south. See how the moss is growing on the trunk?

GENDRY: We're following the road, that's all. The road goes south here.

(...)

GENDRY: The way it's raining, we'll have moss growing from our ears before long

ARYA: Only from our [i]south[/i] ear

..declared Arya stubbornly.
That's funny stuff.

Well, this is two quotes combined actually (although both in the same page):

"[i]Unspeakable[/i]? What Aerys did to your brother Brandon was unspeakable. The way your lord father died, that was unspeakable. And Rhaegar... How many times do you think he raped her? How many [i]hundreds[/i] of times?
I will kill every Targaryen I can get my hands on, until they are as dead as their dragons, and then I will piss on their graves."

I've got a Robert thing going on lately. I'm on my first re-read of AGoT, and god I'm loving it so much. Can't help but like the fat ol' king :thumbsup:.

Walder Frey: "Seems I killed some of your men. But I'll give you an apology. . . that will mend them again . . ." (something like that)

I also liked the passage in AFfC when Jamie dreams of his mother, and her robes whispered lullabies across the floor. . . (something like that, too.)

And my all-time favorite: "You thlew my bear!" by the one-and-only Vargo Hoat.

[quote name='Winter Crow' post='1667351' date='Jan 29 2009, 18.12']Well, this is two quotes combined actually (although both in the same page):

"[i]Unspeakable[/i]? What Aerys did to your brother Brandon was unspeakable. The way your lord father died, that was unspeakable. And Rhaegar... How many times do you think he raped her? How many [i]hundreds[/i] of times?
I will kill every Targaryen I can get my hands on, until they are as dead as their dragons, and then I will piss on their graves."

I've got a Robert thing going on lately. I'm on my first re-read of AGoT, and god I'm loving it so much. Can't help but like the fat ol' king :thumbsup:.[/quote]

Robert is a truly overlooked character in the series I think.

Jamie:..... Cersei will send men after you, I have no doubt. You might do well to take another name
Tyrion: Another name? Oh, certainly, and when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say" No, you have the wrong man. I am a [i]different[/i] dwarf with a hideous facial scar"

I forgot to look up the quote last night, but it's when Arya comes to Syrio for her lesson and he says something like,

"[b][i]Arya child, no lessons today[/i][/b]." Then he tells her to run. [i][b]'She turned and fled'[/b][/i] or [i][b]'She ran'[/b][/i]. (cant remember exactly).

I love that scene and the dialogue.

1 -You say Sansa killed him. Why protect her?
I have made kings and unmade them. Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor. Besides, kingslayers should band together.
2- I just want to say to whoever is voting for me that i would certainly make an awful Lord Commander. But so would all these others.
3- What have i done Sam thought? what have i said? If they caught him in his lie, they would.......what? Send me to the Wall?

[quote name='Aplomb' post='1669748' date='Feb 1 2009, 04.01']Margaery to Cersei: ". . . you vile, scheming, evil bitch".

Well, someone had to say it.[/quote]
:bow:

I had completely forgotten about that one! It sums up Cersei pretty neatly I think.

Archived