AGOT Mafia 62

House Targaryen

After my reread I rate my suspects like this

[b]Toyne[/b]
Estren
Hollard

Why Toyne? The thing that bothers me the most is his "CoverGirl" play style. You know... [i]Easy and Breezy[/i]. It feels contrived.

This post bothers me
[quote name='House Toyne' post='1694956' date='Feb 21 2009, 17.13']Woah, now I have symps flocking to my banner :P .

It's different when there are only two people active for several hours. You keep checking the thread and nothing new but what the other wrote. Plus there are always those who like hearing the sound of their own voice ;) .
I'd agree you were an easy target at that time.

Dogged, overzealous, bloodthirsty? Strong language... it was just a pleasant chat, honest :P .
Hmm so you're suggesting we lynch Redwyne so that we definately only get one CF result but potentially have more RI. Don't know if I buy that statistically but it is nice to have active people around. Can someone think of a reason we shouldn't go for 2 CF results (such as Pless's odd/even rule which I can't remember off the top of my head but was probably decided to have little relevance in games anyway especially these days what with the large number of roles that throw the odd/even rule off anyway so I'm probably just wasting my time trying to think of it but definately not wasting my time trying to find it in some arcane lost thread somewhere so instead just hoping someone else can tell me it's irrelevant for sure to make me feel all better and warm and fuzzy inside cos that's nice too :) )?

I'd be comfortable lynching pretty much anyone at this point. Leaning slightly towards Broom, Hollard and Leygood simply because I'm finding it harder to get a read on them.

EDIT: And Sparr. Completely forgot about Sparr, they are way under my radar, just some RP thus far.[/quote]It is his insistance that the argument with Estren was "just a friendly chat" (he made reference to this earlier in post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694791"]45[/url].) Also his reference to symps flocking to his banner. It struck me as odd.

Toyne twice has Broom in his suspects. First in post 82 (the "symps flocking to his banner" post.) Again in [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1695474"]140[/url].

But when it comes down to it he votes me.
[quote name='House Toyne' post='1696360' date='Feb 23 2009, 14.34']Looks like people are giving up or just have no time at the moment. Seems we need another day to make a lynch with just 2.5 hours left.
I still haven't had time to analyse the thread as I would have liked to but I won't be here again before the end of day so I'm going to put a vote down for [b]Leygood[/b] to provide an alternative to Broom in case more people show up.[/quote]This could certainly be construed as providing an option to his partner, Broom.

[quote name='House Estren' post='1697589' date='Feb 24 2009, 06.34']A guard couldn't have been responsible for preventing a night kill last night as there were 2 FM alive, and guarding them would not prevent a kill.

This is just me popping in, I'll be back later with a srs vote.[/quote]

Wrong...
Targ Says:
[quote]Guard

can guard three players on night 1, two players on night 2 and one player on night 3[/quote]It was night two. The guard could have guarded both Broom plus the other FM.

Thus less likely. He would have had to been extremely lucky to get both. Plus he would have already revealed with this information because he would know the identity of the other FM.

Well, I have been suspicious of Toyne since post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1695604"]149[/url]. But I hesitiated to say I had bad vibes on him without explaining why. It took me quite awhile to put my finger on what exactly it was.

If you don't mind me taking a little ego trip, I think he may have thought I was his symp.

After I defend him (against you, Estren) in post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694923"]73[/url], he mentions symps in post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694956"]82[/url] followed by the tongue smiley :P . After he responds to me, he uses the same smiley. In the very next post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694961"]83[/url] he responds inappropriately to my post where I explain why I want to lynch Redwyne rather than having her mod killed. Why would that make him feel "warm and fuzzy"? But I admit that quite a bit of a stretch. And while I don't think it would convince anyone of his guilt, it is one more thing that gives [i]me[/i] bad vibes. I mean really, would you put that on the thread?

Gah. Just did a quick reread of Toyne and he came across much scummier than my previous impression of him. I especially didn't like the 'Leygood as an alternative to Broom' thing. Second time he placed a vote without justifying it, and the fact that Broom came up scummy makes him look, well, scummy. Also, he claims to have voted Leygood to prevent a second vote on Broom causing a potential loss, but he could have done exactly the same thing by withholding his vote.

My thinking at the moment is:

Tier 1: Toyne
Tier 2: Leygood
Tier 3: Darklyn, Hollard

[quote name='House Leygood' post='1697636' date='Feb 24 2009, 07.50']Well, I have been suspicious of Toyne since post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1695604"]149[/url]. But I hesitiated to say I had bad vibes on him without explaining why. It took me quite awhile to put my finger on what exactly it was.

If you don't mind me taking a little ego trip, I think he may have thought I was his symp.

After I defend him (against you, Estren) in post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694923"]73[/url], he mentions symps in post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694956"]82[/url] followed by the tongue smiley :P . After he responds to me, he uses the same smiley. In the very next post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=34220&view=findpost&p=1694961"]83[/url] he responds inappropriately to my post where I explain why I want to lynch Redwyne rather than having her mod killed. Why would that make him feel "warm and fuzzy"? But I admit that quite a bit of a stretch. And while I don't think it would convince anyone of his guilt, it is one more thing that gives [i]me[/i] bad vibes. I mean really, would you put that on the thread?[/quote]

I had been assuming that there isn't a symp. however, if there's a lot of good roles I guess it might be considered possible. But if I were a fm, with a partner in a 10-player game, I wouldn't be going fishing for symps, i'd be assuming I didn't have one.

[quote name='House Darklyn' post='1697725' date='Feb 24 2009, 10.51']It's a tossup for me between Toyne and Leygood, so if everyone else prefers Toyne i'll go with that.[/quote]

I'm in exactly the same position. While Toyne has said some things which felt scummy to me, I've just had a generally scummier feel from Leygood over all, although I'm not sure why.

I've picked up things from you and Hollard which have me sort of convinced of your innocence. I'd be a bit taken aback if the FM wasn't Toyne or Leygood.

I should be around most of today after work, and deffo before day end so I'm not going to rush into things. I'd like to hear from the currently absent.

[quote name='House Toyne' post='1697016' date='Feb 23 2009, 23.52']I wouldn't be so quick to discount Estren for today. There was no pressure on Estren Day 1 so that may well have been distancing. And from what you said Estren ignored Broom the whole game. Also in the posts you quoted of Leygood, Leygood was agreeing with Broom for the most part. That strikes me as quite risky.
As for withholding a kill I guess that is a possibility then. If I were FM not sure I'd be that brave. I mean we have been so inactive that giving us an extra day to actually look at things could spell disaster... but w/e.
So possible pairings
Broom/Leygood
Broom/Estren
Broom/Hollard.
I'm not going to place a vote before I get a chance to reread which unfortunately I don't have time for atm. I did look briefly at your rereads Darklyn but I like to get it in context and flow of the game as well. Also I'd be keen to hear what others have to say - especially Hollard/Leygood/Estren.[/quote]

I really don't like this from Toyne. Toyne rules me out, but that's obvious. Everyone else is a supect. That's obvious, too. Broom is partered to someone else. Brilliant. Congratulations, Toyne. You've committed to nothing. You haven't even said who you find most suspicious.

We need Hollard and Toyne to get back and talk about their top suspects before we lynch.

Tbh with my vote of Leygood I didn't think enough people would show up for a lynch either way with just 2.5 hours left. However I thought it more useful to put a vote somewhere in case some new evidence came to light and just trust that the other innocents wouldn't vote unless they were sure.

[quote name='House Darklyn' post='1697728' date='Feb 24 2009, 09.57']I had been assuming that there isn't a symp. however, if there's a lot of good roles I guess it might be considered possible. But if I were a fm, with a partner in a 10-player game, I wouldn't be going fishing for symps, i'd be assuming I didn't have one.[/quote]
If there was a symp then the game would already be over on Day 2 when there were 6 people left. 3 evil, 3 good = evil win.

In response to Leygood I'm not sure why Leygood thinks 'covergirl' is fake/evil, it's just my playstyle. I try to play fairly light-hearted cos if I get too drawn into the game I find it quite stressful.
I use a lot of smilies - two tongue smilies in total doesn't mean anything.
And his thoughts on me being a symp are irrelevant because there is no symp, as above. Also the posts of mine he quotes are the opposite of definitive. Estren and Pryor had been suspecting me then practically everyone else came on thread and said they didn't think my vote on Hollard was suspicious. Overnight this was quite a contrast so I jokingly said I had a number of sympathetic players (symps) - clearly this was not targeted at any one individual. Also the FM have absolutely ZERO reason to signal for the symp. The symp already knows who they are, if any signal should be made it is from the symp to the master so they don't get nightkilled - though any decent symp should be able to avoid this simply through their natural in-game actions. Besides, this is all irrelevant as I think it's pretty clear there is no symp. So Leygood basically I want you to acknowledge this case is rubbish (or perhaps just an egotrip :P).

Also I still really want to hear from Hollard. They seem like quite a new player so perhaps there is still the possibility of a healer?

[quote name='House Darklyn' post='1697795' date='Feb 24 2009, 13.00']I really don't like this from Toyne. Toyne rules me out, but that's obvious. Everyone else is a supect. That's obvious, too. Broom is partered to someone else. Brilliant. Congratulations, Toyne. You've committed to nothing. You haven't even said who you find most suspicious.

We need Hollard and Toyne to get back and talk about their top suspects before we lynch.[/quote]
My two real suspects are Leygood and Estren, probably Leygood first but I would like to hear from him again. Estren remains there because I just don't like the idea of noone else suspecting him and he turns out to be the FM. I would just feel really stupid.
Of course I really want to hear from Hollard.

As for the 'obvious': yes it is/should be for most players but perhaps some players are new. Also it is nice to have written down. I put the pairings in the hope that someone would reread looking for clues in that direction as I was unable to myself. And at the moment I am way too tired for a reread... can barely keep my eyes open.

[quote name='House Leygood' post='1697809' date='Feb 24 2009, 13.21']Here is my morning check in.

I am sure you will come to some consensus while I am away today. Good luck with that.[/quote]
Could you please respond to comments today - and please make sure you check in before end of day, 9 hours I believe.

I am leaving for work now (literaly, after I brush my teeth and put on my shoes, I am gone.) I will not be back until after work, which is 9 hours from now. I doubt I am back. This is not a ploy, this is life.

But I'll be glad to respond to comments after I get back.

Archived