ASOIAF Biggest Scumbag

Bastard Rivers

Do plain-out psychopaths (Ramsay, Joffrey, The Goat, The Mountain) even qualify as "scumbags"? A scumbag would IMO need to be someone at least theoretically capable of moral self-reflection. I think we're talking about at least three categories of jackasses:

Psychos -- those who actively seek occasions to hurt, maim & kill others above & beyond the call of duty (Ramsay etc.)

Criminal creeps -- those who make destroying others' lives a part of their job description and do it with relish and diligence (Qyburn, Lorch, Freys)

Scumbags -- those who actively screw others to benefit themselves (this would include e.g. Viserys, Littlefinger and Daeron)

With this last definition I'd need to go with Petyr or Craster

It was Gregor up until the end of ASOS. Now Ramsay holds that title. It's hard to imagine anyone taking it away from him. His lord father, King Joffrey and Walder Frey also place on the list. Special mention to Qyburn for being the Joseph Mengele of Westeros.

Littlefinger is an amoral jerk who uses people for his own benefit, but I find it hard to truly hate him. He's just so good at playing the game. I might say the same for Roose Bolton, but the incident in ADWD with the Winterfell squatters puts him firmly in the "unmitigated asshole" camp. That was just pointless cruelty. Plus, you know, all the flaying.

Archived