ASOIAF Biggest Scumbag

Bastard Rivers

• 3 years later...

First time poster, long time lurker (go easy on me).

Not sure if he's been mentioned (scoured the first 4 pages but couldn't see him), but Septon Utt is definitely a top contender IMO.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Utt

Just let that sink in a little.

Granted, he gets justice at the hands of the Brotherhood, but he deserved far worse than that.

After that, I suppose the Boltons and the Freys would be next. Boltons are merely bloodthirsty and harbouring an old grudge against the Starks from what I remember. The Freys are spineless and treacherous, especially Lame Lothar with his impeccable acting skills.

I found myself almost respecting Littlefinger after his exposition at the end of Storm of Swords. He reminds me of Machiavelli with his intricate machinations and obvious genius, but without the redeeming aspects of Machiavelli's (apparent) satirical intentions.

Sansa, simple as. got ol' ned killed, bitched out to joff, cersei, baelish, and anyone else who'd spin her some tale. Would arya have bent to the lannisters??? this one does think so

Catelyn as well, wasted my life reading her continous whining about how she wanted to protect her family....... kinda struck out on that one didnt ya cat???

old nan, the amount of her childrens stories that turned out to be cold hard facts.... u'd of been better on the small council rather than tale tellin to the kids at winterfell

Jojen reed..... no reason for this one

Ramsay Bolton

Most people do deeply evil things because they want something, like Qyburn, Littlefinger, Euron Greyjoy, Roose Bolton and Walder Frey. Some do these things out of fear, most notably Cersei. Some are simply thoughtless and foolish (Sansa and even some of Dany's decisions belong here). Stannis sees his atrocities as being for the greater good. But Ramsay (and others like Gregor Clegane) do it purely for the pleasure of hurting people. Gregor and Ramsay are both blackhearted fiends, but Ramsay edges him out for sheer cruelty.

Ramsay at times hurts his own position just to be evil. Lots of challengers for the Top Spot here, but in terms of sheer evil I think Bastard Bolton wins out.

Sooooo many candidats but I would hawe to go with Craster as the king of this topic.

As for who I would hate to hawe in my family,lets try to make the worst famyly ever

FATHER -Craster no contest

MOTHER-Lysa

BROTHERS-Viseris,Jofry

SISTER-Sansa

Now thats a happy family!!!!

Sooooo many candidats but I would hawe to go with Craster as the king of this topic.

As for who I would hate to hawe in my family,lets try to make the worst famyly ever

FATHER -Craster no contest

MOTHER-Lysa

BROTHERS-Viseris,Jofry

SISTER-Sansa

Now thats a happy family!!!!

forgot about craster, forgot about afew wildlings., varamyr sixskins is a s.o.b aswell

Before ADWD, I would have named Gregor Clegane as the biggest scumbag. But I think that dishonor belongs to Ramsay Bolton now.

Gregor usually acted under Tywin's orders and didn't seem to care about anyone or anything. But Ramsay enjoys what he does.

In no particular order...

Cersei Lannister

Gregor Clegane

Joffrey Baratheon

Amory Lorch

Khal Drogo

Nearly everyone in Drogo's Khalasar

Euron Greyjoy

Theon Greyjoy

Vargo Hoat and his "Brafe Companionth"

The slavers in the entire Ghiscari region

Roose Bolton

Ramsay Bolton

Walder Frey

Jeyne Westerling's mother (can't remember her name)

The turncloaks from the Night's Watch that killed Mormont

Craster (what a vile man)

Jaime Lannister (too little, too late, though I do like him)

Sandor Clegane (still has hope, at least)

Boros Blount

Meryn Trant

Mandon Moore

Arys Oakheart (he did beat Sansa)

Preston Greenfield (if he beat Sansa)

Lancel Lannister

Tywin Lannister

The Tickler

Raff the Sweetling

Rorge

Biter

Catelyn Stark

Lem Lemoncloak

Thoros of Myr and his ilk

Stannis Baratheon

Lysa Arryn

Petyr Baelish

Gerold Dayne

Styr, the Magnar of Thenn

Rattleshirt

Harma Dogshead

The Weeper (snicker)

Melisandre

Pyat Pree and his ilk

Dareon (or whatever his name was, damn singing fucker from Eastwatch)

Alliser Thorne

Janos Slynt

Qyburn

Grand Maester Pycelle

Victarion Greyjoy

Balon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Aeron Greyjoy

Randyll Tarly

Hyle Hunt and everyone else that played his vile little game

Renly Baratheon

Daenerys Targaryen

Can't think of anyone else right off the top of my head.

You forgot Hodor. :rolleyes:

You just can't possibly award a single award for worst scumbag; it would have to be divided up into subcategories. Most Selfish, Most Treacherous, Most Despicable, Most Nauseating.

Probably because I have a seven-year-old son, I find Lysa Arryn most disgusting sleazebucket in all of ASoIaF. The combination of selfishness and stupidity, and its consequences in the total ruin of her son and the death of her husband... What is worse, Littlefinger's telling the idiot cow to murder her husband and then blame the Lannisters in order to start a war, or her actually DOING it? Add on top the fact that she poisoned Arryn in order to PREVENT his attempt to salvage his son, and that she considers herself justified in having done so, plus her total inability to see what breastfeeding your eight-year-old and letting him throw people off mountaintops for fun is actually creating... All the while sitting on a major chunk of military power while letting the family she lied to get slaughtered by the people she lied to them ABOUT.... whining oh, poor me, my husband had bad breath and I didn't get to marry the boy I liked. Something about Lysa's combination of selfish actions, moronic self-justifications, and consistent cowardice just adds up into a total failure as a human being, without the slightest mitigation by circumstance. She turns my stomach.

Plenty to hate in this merry kaleidoscope of human frailty, sure, but it's Lysa I always want to drag out of the pages and strangle with my own hands. It does interest me to read how the opinions here vary-- some loathe stupidity more, some consider stupidity to be a mitigating factor and loathe the smart villains most, for example.

The fact that GRRM is such a great writer makes this hard. He doesn't paint people in black and white, just like real people they come in shades of grey with no nice, neat clean boundaries between good and bad. He also gives us a great deal of insight into what has shaped his characters into who they are, and what their current motives are. Understanding why some does something can give us some sympathy for the person, even if we don't actually approve of the deed.

If by scumbag you mean people who enjoy inflicting pain and miserey on others - Crester, the goat & the Bloody Mummers & Gregor Clegane.

If by scumbag you mean someone who uses suffering as a tool to get what he or she wants, and doesn't actually care about the pain and misery - then Tywin.

But ulitimately from the point of view of the sheer amount of suffering to the greatest number of people - Khal Drogo.

Is this a spoiler? Well, post aDwD, I'd say Ramsay Bolton. I think he edges out even Gregor Clegance. At least Cregor Clegance seemed not to care and to just be a big uncaring brute - but he seemed more the dark and brooding figure, than the clearly psychotic Ramsay, who seems to go out of his way to be cruel. Like another poster said, Ramsay hurts his own position just for the sake of being evil.

Archived