Mafia Game 65.5: Twonnocent

House Targaryen

You said it would create a precident...when in fact one had been created years ago.

Ok sorry. I'll make sure that next time we have this discussion (and I will bring it up after the game), that I make sure to play in every game or at least have intimate knowledge of everything that happened in every game. That way, I can avoid "lying."

Ok sorry. I'll make sure that next time we have this discussion (and I will bring it up after the game), that I make sure to play in every game or at least have intimate knowledge of everything that happened in every game. That way, I can avoid "lying."

:thumbsup:

Oh please. It's called being sensible. It's called thinking it out. It's called putting all my thoughts down on the table and reaching a conclusion. It was pretty much a day one case. I said what I liked about it. And then I said I'd vote for him.

Apparently, you don't know what 'middle of the road' means in this game. 'Putting all my thoughts down' is the explanation people always use. Doesn't change the fact that from an outside perspective, it looks like a middle of the road opinion.

So how would you list them?

I don't think I should give away what I know, yet.

Ugh. I'm trying to write a huge reply to Spicer, but I'm too tired and distracted, and new stuff keeps on happening in the thread. And I still haven't worked out the teams. I hate being such a slow writer.

And I still haven't worked out the teams.

I have worked out the teams. To some extent. Because people can say its impossible to crack these codes, but they're wrong.

And thats the problem - the teams don't add up, given the information I have.

At this point, I can say with nearly 100% certainty that there are only a few possible people who can be the 5th member of my team. And I know with nearly 100% certainty the name that 5th person should have been given.

But none of those few people could possibly have been given that person's name, given their actions on the thread. So it doesn't add up.

Apparently, you don't know what 'middle of the road' means in this game. 'Putting all my thoughts down' is the explanation people always use. Doesn't change the fact that from an outside perspective, it looks like a middle of the road opinion.

Middle of the road is a term used to describe a situation when someone comes on, posts two different sides of the story and concludes with something like "I'm just not sure" or some other non definitive remark.

I did not do that. Ending a post by saying I would vote him and adding my own reasons why is not being middle of the road. It's called thinking for myself.

If your problem is that I'm a logical, sensible player, then that's a completely different story.

Ending a post by saying I would vote him and adding my own reasons why is not being middle of the road. It's called thinking for myself.

You said its a weak case, but you'd vote for him. That's middle of the road.

Spicer, I think you're the key to this. Do me a favor. Crack your code for us please.

I think knowing the name you were given is going to pretty much open everything up.

You said its a weak case, but you'd vote for him. That's middle of the road.

Spicer, I think you're the key to this. Do me a favor. Crack your code for us please.

I think knowing the name you were given is going to pretty much open everything up.

The keyword was Test. The name was Wagstaff.

I gave my reasons why I would vote for him. Saying the case was weak doesn't change that. It's just telling the truth.

I gave my reasons why I would vote for him. Saying the case was weak doesn't change that. It's just telling the truth.

damn, I was really wrong. Should have gone with last nights gut instead of today's posts.

Yep, I knew it. Because I did crack your code. Your pattern of letters only fit Wagstaff.

The problem is, Wagstaff is the name I was given. So I know you are lying, unless we were given duplicates. Which seems unlikely, since every other player so far has been given a unique name.

My keyword is monkey.

More in a second.

ETA - I intentionally left off the 2nd 'f' in Wagstaff, because that's the key to cracking codes in this system. Looking for duplicate letters.

Yep, I knew it. Because I did crack your code. Your pattern of letters only fit Wagstaff.

The problem is, Wagstaff is the name I was given. So I know you are lying, unless we were given duplicates. Which seems unlikely, since every other player so far has been given a unique name.

My keyword is monkey.

More in a second.

ETA - I intentionally left off the 2nd 'f' in Wagstaff, because that's the key to cracking codes in this system. Looking for duplicate letters.

It's the name I was given. Not much more I can say about it. I don't think you're lying as this is way too elaborate a set up if you were a FM.

Okay, so here's what I know.

Team 1

Waterman - Thorne - Dalt - Wagstaff - ??

Team 2

Vikary

Jordayne - Melcolm

I cracked Jordayne's code too. It definitely says Melcolm.

That only leaves Spicer, Shawney, and Doggett as possible members of my team. Using the pattern we've been given, the last member of my team should wrap around the chart above and have Waterman as his known teammate.

Spicer is voting for Waterman. Shawney voted for Waterman yesterday. Can't be either one of them. And Doggett has included Waterman among the list of people who aren't on his team.

So none of them can be my 5th partner. Which doesn't make sense.

Then add in that Spicer is claiming to have been given the name Wagstaff. Which is the name I was given. Doesn't make much sense, since everyone else has been given a unique name.

I'm not sure how it all adds up, but my guess is that Wagstaff was given the name Waterman, linking all 4 members of my team. Spicer was placed among us, but either given all of our names or none of our names. Either way, he guessed wrong on which one to reveal.

On the other side, we have Vikary, Jordayne, Melcolm. And one of Doggett or Shawney. Whichever one of them that isn't part of that group is the 2nd FM. If this theory holds true.

I'm going to vote for Spicer, but I'd like to hear responses before I do it.

Sigh. I'm so tired of being evil in games where I'm getting beaten by the setup. When I play as rarely as I do now, these kinds of situations just don't make me want to play at all.

Feel free to vote me. I'm evil. I realize I could have denied it but honestly, I don't really care.

Sigh. I'm so tired of being evil in games where I'm getting beaten by the setup. When I play as rarely as I do now, these kinds of situations just don't make me want to play at all.

Feel free to vote me. I'm evil. I realize I could have denied it but honestly, I don't really care.

I don't blame you. It sucks and its unfair. I apologize for the way things have gone down. But once I realized that you were lying, I couldn't ignore the information.

Sorry again. :( Spicer

Are you serious? you weren't given a name too?

That really really sucks.

And I think we should end the game if that is the case.

I don't blame you. It sucks and its unfair. I apologize for the way things have gone down. But once I realized that you were lying, I couldn't ignore the information.

Sorry again. :( Spicer

If the set up is at fault, you can't seriously consider playing this out????

Archived