Mafia Game 65.5: Twonnocent

House Targaryen

Yeah. My secret is Jordayne and my code is "snow".

Spicer - I feel sorry for you. Being beaten by setup and info available for innocent only is hurtful, yeah, I experienced this myself twice.

Whew. I remember Piper's first post in the game mentioned healing me. Since then, I've been paranoid that he was my real symp.

Spicer, don't let this discourage you from playing.

Hmm...

:idea:

Since it's the set-up that seems to be faulty, let's just get it out in the open -

My teamate is Vikary. Which kind of makes a chain of 4 seem unlikely because I would assume Vikary knows Jordayne and Melcolm knows me ... but his voting yesterday seems to contradict that (even though he didn't actually vote for me)

Okay, so Doggett's code points to you. You have Vikary. Hmm.

Jordayne - Melcolm

Doggett - Shawney - Vikary

Need to find out who Vikary and Melcolm have. Vikary's should say Jordayne. He has coded something, so we'll be able to test him easily.

If his does say Jordayne, then we're going to have a problem. Because the chain will look like this -

Doggett - Shawney - Vikary - Jordayne - Melcolm

And of course, Melcolm will just claim Doggett. There wouldn't be any duplicates. Somebody would have to be lying.

Hmm.

1) Jordayne would confirm that Melcolm isn't the liar. The only way that pair could have a liar is if its Jordayne.

2) Doggett would confirm that Shawney isn't the liar. The only way that pair could have a liar is if its Doggett.

3) Shawney would confirm that Vikary isn't the liar. The only way that pair could have a liar is if its Shawney (which is impossible because of point 2 above).

So it would have to be either Jordayne or Doggett lying. But wait. We go back around the circle - if they are lying, then there should be duplicates, based on the pattern we've been given.

a) If Jordayne is lying, then Vikary would have been given the name Melcolm, not the name Jordayne.

b) If Doggett is lying, then Melcolm would have been given the name Shawney, not the name Doggett.

I think the main piece of information we need right now is the name coded in Vikary's post. Is it Jordayne, Melcolm, or some other name?

The problem is, Wagstaff is the name I was given. So I know you are lying, unless we were given duplicates. Which seems unlikely, since every other player so far has been given a unique name.

My name isn't unique. It has been claimed by another player too. I don't (and didn't) see any reasons why we should all be given different names. I think another player already suggested this before, but I can't remember who...

Point against Vikary is that the game might not be 100% symmetrical. We're all assuming that he's telling the truth about being given my name, but there's no real reason to believe it, beyond our expectation of things being even on both sides.
True. But would I try to lynch my partner heavily in a game of that size?

My name isn't unique. It has been claimed by another player too. I don't (and didn't) see any reasons why we should all be given different names. I think another player already suggested this before, but I can't remember who...

What name do you have?

and it was one of my 3 possibilities.

Nobody else has been given the name Wagstaff.

OK, technically it's night, and Spicer is lynched, but I'm just waiting on a small piece of information I need to let me decide whether to continue or not.

The game only needs to end if the set up was faulty. if it is not (as you have said) there is no reason to end it.

Okay. So if everything fits together, Melcolm will claim that he was given the name Shawney, and Doggett will be the 2nd FM.

If that doesn't happen, then I'm not sure whats going on. Would have to re-think things a bit.

Why do you assume it is I who am lying? I don't follow your logic.

Mostly since I know I am telling the truth.

Nobody else has been given the name Wagstaff.

Ha. I meant the name of the player who is on my team. Anyway, I just saw Spicer's confession, I was just catching up in a rush. A pretty sad end to him. Regardless, my name has been claimed by another player, and I'm innocent.

Why do you assume it is I who am lying? I don't follow your logic.

Mostly since I know I am telling the truth.

Well, I explained it above.

It relies on a few assumptions, which seem true. If they are incorrect, however, then my theory fails.

Assumption 1 - Each team consists of 4 players. Each player was given the name of somebody on his team. There were no duplicate names, so everyone connects in a circle.

Assumption 2 - The FM were not included in the circle. They were either given the name of everyone in their team, or nobody in their team. Or they got a duplicate name that had been given to an innocent as well.

Assumption 3 - There is only 1 FM left, and he is on Team Rhaenyra.

If both of those are correct, then we can make the following conclusions:

1) If somebody claims to have been given another person's name, then the name they claim will have to be somebody who is innocent. This rests on the following points -

---If the person revealing the name is innocent, then they are telling the truth. Therefore, the name revealed is that of an innocent.

---If the person revealing the name is evil, then they are the 1 remaining FM. Therefore, the name revealed cannot be FM - he must be innocent.

2) Doggett claimed Shawney. Therefore, Shawney must be innocent.

3) Shawney claimed Vikary. Therefore, Vikary must be innocent.

4) Vikary claimed Jordayne. Therefore, Jordayne must be innocent.

5) Jordayne claimed Melcolm. Therefore, Melcolm must be innocent.

That only leaves one suspect - Doggett.

However, this theory only holds true if Doggett claims to have been given the name Shawney, thereby completing that circle of four.

Also, this theory could be undone by an unexpected reveal from Wagstaff.

And as I said before, it rests on the 3 assumptions listed at the top of this post. If any of them are incorrect, then I need to re-evaluate.

Ha. I meant the name of the player who is on my team. Anyway, I just saw Spicer's confession, I was just catching up in a rush. A pretty sad end to him. Regardless, my name has been claimed by another player, and I'm innocent.

Can you share the name you were given?

No codes or encryption required.

Archived