GoT Mafia 66: Gold, Liars, Thieves, and killing Killers who Kill

Lannister Guard

Vik - would you give your money to Jordayne?

Mods - you said we lose the guard when we reach 4. I assume that after our lynch today, we will lose the ability to bride guards for the night. Correct?

Would we better off going to night today rather than lynching someone?

5 today

(lynch - night kill)

3 tomorrow

(lynch/NK)

1 man standing - FM win

or -

5 today

(night kill)

4 tomorrow

(lynch/NK)

2 men standing - FM win

Actually - we won't gain a day or anything, but we will have another guard attempt and another innocent in play for the final day. Yes, it's another suspect, but it's balanced against the information we gain with the guard attempt. Then again, the FM can play around with us by abstaining, so not sure how valuable that actually is.

Thoughts on this? I guess it's looking like it's not worth the trouble. Anyone see something I missed?

I got 2 gold from Shawney.

The circle was Vik -> Farman -> Shawney -> Thorne ->Swann -> Shawney

Sooo, I'm pretty sure that we all gave away all our gold, so where did it get leaked into the circle? The gold I got from Shawney could have been from him stealing from Thorne, who got it from Swann, etc. Back to my original question - where did it get leaked in from?

Swann - did you say who you stole from? (nm - found it and fixed it above)

Another random thought - could Shawney Jordayne be a symp? I know we've been operating ont he assumption on not having one, but if we have a healer and a vig as well as the guards, then maybe they got a symp.

Thoughts on this? I guess it's looking like it's not worth the trouble. Anyone see something I missed?

If we lynch today, we have a lynch with 5 people and a lynch with 3 people if necessary.

If we go to night, we have a guard attempt tonight, and then a lynch with 4 people tomorrow.

A lynch is a much cleaner way of dealing with a suspect than a guard attempt. So its much better to lynch today.

Re-read Swann. Here are the main points against him:

1) Non-confrontational and somewhat under the radar. He doesn't hold back from writing long posts and offering his opinions, but he also doesn't stand out much or take the lead. However, all of this could be explained by his role, if he is the Healer as he claims.

2) Focuses on easy targets, who were also suspected by the group. All of his early suspects fall into that category. Once again, not making any enemies.

3) Defended Arryn a few times. Kept his vote on Waterman instead of voting Arryn. Also, yesterday, wanted to vote for Jordayne instead of Belmore. Had Belmore 2nd.

Not a super-strong case, but I could see him being FM. At the same time, I also have a good feeling about his Healer claim.

Anyway, while I was doing the re-read, I realized that none of this really matters for today. He can't be our lynch, because he could be the Healer. If the game doesn't end today, then we want him around to possibly stop the FM tonight. So I'm going to forget about him for now, and worry about all of this tomorrow, if the game is still going on and I'm still alive.

Shawney is next.

1) I'll start with the points I made against him earlier in the game. First one being that he spent a lot of time talking about the gold sharing plan on day 1. At this point in the game, its a minor issue, but I'll repeat what I said before - seemed like a way to contribute to the game without really saying anything of value.

2) And the other comment I made about him earlier is that he has a tendency to overexplain himself. Can't explain it more - just gives me a bad gut feeling about him.

3) When Jordayne asks if anybody would consider lynching someone other than Belmore or Arryn, he jumps in to say -

I'd consider them, but I'm not sure if I'd find enough to convince me to change my mind.

I probably wouldn't move to Swann, who I've come to like when he posts, or Thorne.

That leaves you, Vikary and Toyne and Farman. Given evidence to support a lynch on one of them I'd consider moving. Probably in order of suspicion:

Farman, Vikary, Toyne, Jordayne.

Very middle of the road opinion. He'd think about it, but he isn't sure. Yet he goes ahead and ranks the rest of his suspects, taking a step down that road.

4) He was around when we were pooling our gold at the end of day 2, but he doesn't offer any of his money to the group. Also, he chooses to keep his vote on Waterman instead of switching to Arryn. The inaction is a point against him. Meanwhile, Farman does the opposite on both issues (donates money and votes Arryn).

5) Just like Swann, he loves the easy targets. The difference between the 2 is that Swann acknowledges that he is suspicious of easy targets, and tries to explain why. Shawney, on the other hand, disagrees that he is going after easy targets, and when people argue, he concludes that he must not understand what an easy target is.

6) Aside from that, there's not a whole lot of direct evidence going against him. However, there is still a 6th point to make - there's also nothing that I can see going in his favor. He makes a case on Arryn at some point, but its only after Arryn is already one of the top suspects. Beyond that, he's not doing much of anything to find the FM. I didn't realize this until I did the re-read, but most of his posts the past few days have been short 1-2 liners where he responds to other people, mentions suspects without offering support for his opinions, and discusses the various plans that have been put forth (gold sharing, bribing guards, stealing, etc.).

Overall, there's not a lot of strong, direct evidence pointing to Shawney. But I really don't like the post I copied in point 3 above, and the rest of the case outlines typical FM behavior.

I won't get to Farman tonight. Will try to re-read him tomorrow.

Want to re-post my conclusions from the Arryn re-read I did before. At least, the ones relating to the current suspects.

1) He came right out and said he didn't want to lynch Farman - its a point in favor of Farman.

2) He fought with Shawney and voted for him. I'm fairly neutral on their interaction. Could be genuine, could be distancing.

I didn't notice a lot of interaction with [swann].

Beginning to look over the re-reads (god, what a chore)

One point I want to make about Shawney is that for a self-proclaimed spam-monkey, his behavior has changed markedly from day 1. He has become very careful and proper and his posts don't have the playfulness that his day 1 spam did. He is the proverbial "English Gentleman in the midst of a tavern brawl'

(ok, it's not exactly a proverb, you know what I mean)

I got 2 gold from Shawney.

The circle was Vik -> Farman -> Shawney -> Thorne ->Swann -> Shawney

Sooo, I'm pretty sure that we all gave away all our gold, so where did it get leaked into the circle? The gold I got from Shawney could have been from him stealing from Thorne, who got it from Swann, etc. Back to my original question - where did it get leaked in from?

Swann - did you say who you stole from? (nm - found it and fixed it above)

Another random thought - could Shawney Jordayne be a symp? I know we've been operating ont he assumption on not having one, but if we have a healer and a vig as well as the guards, then maybe they got a symp.

I got 2 gold from Thorne, which was then stolen from me.

As to the NK - it has me feeling confused. There are a few things I need to look into.

Paranoia is taking over this tired brain.

I just had a flash of brilliance (ha) that has Vik being Jordayne's symp. But I really can't make it work when he spearheaded the Arryn lynch. The Belmore ilynch is explainable if he had a plan to save Jordayne, but Arryn is the sticking point. Gah! Should probably not try thinking until I've had some rest.

Paranoia is taking over this tired brain.

I just had a flash of brilliance (ha) that has Vik being Jordayne's symp. But I really can't make it work when he spearheaded the Arryn lynch. The Belmore ilynch is explainable if he had a plan to save Jordayne, but Arryn is the sticking point. Gah! Should probably not try thinking until I've had some rest.

For Vikary to be evil, he would have had to have decided to cut Belmore and especially Arryn loose early on. I just can't see anyone doing that. I think it would be potentially a good plan, but you'd be crippling your teammates at the expense of yourself.

At this point I'd still like to hear more from Swann about his healing ability, and how he was using it prior to last night.

Archived