Aisha Hinds as Mirri Maz Duur

Loras

I know we are a long way off casting this character but Aisha Hinds would make an awesome Mirri Maz Duur.

She is probably best known for her role in 'True Blood' where she played a really creepy woman who exorcised daemons, so she definately has the whole supernatural thing down. She is very captivating and something in her eyes makes you feel sympathy towards her. She would definately be good at playing the mysterious aspect of Mirri - do we trust her or do we not?

Although she was great in her 'True Blood' role, it was her guest spot in 'Desperate Housewives' this week that made me feel that I had to put her name forward. The anguish in her portrail was superb.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1490300/

That is a link to her IMDB. Does the fact that she is American count against her even though she'd be filming in Morocco? What do you guys think?

I know we are a long way off casting this character but Aisha Hinds would make an awesome Mirri Maz Duur.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1490300/

That is a link to her IMDB. Does the fact that she is American count against her even though she'd be filming in Morocco? What do you guys think?

Isn´t the Lamb people described to look similar to the Dothraki, with almond eyes and brown skin. Danys comment is that when she started out from Pentos she wouldn´t have been able to distinguish them from the Dothraki. They would need to look middleeastern like the Dothraki.

I think Shohreh Aghdashloo would be perfect. She was born and raised in Iran and moved to the U.S. in the 70's, looks younger than she is (she 57) but they could easily roughen her looks up and she's a great actress. She played the wife of Ben Kingsly's character in 'The House of Sand and Fog' as well as many other A-level films...Oh, she also played Saddam Hussein's wife in the (HBO?) miniseries "House of Saddam". So looks like she has a connection with HBO through this.

I'm trying to remember the name of a good Israeli Moroccan actress, who's absolutely wonderful in a show that's airing now, I wonder if her English is any good...

For those who don't know who I'm talking about and have access to Israeli TV, I'm talking about the one who plays Naomi in Ha'Borer. (EDIT - Found her imdb page. Lirit Balaban)

I also never caught that the FBI woman from Dollhouse was also the witch doctor from True Blood. Hmmm.

Archived