Forum Layout/Setup

SingleMort

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section but that's actually part of the reason why I'm posting this so it kind of works.

I'm fairly new to this forum and this is actually my first post so perhaps I just need to get used to the way things work here but...

I would have thought this forum would be a lot more accessible and more welcoming to people just getting into the ASOIAF books if there were separte subsections in the forum for each of the books, and making other sections more easy to find. (Maybe this has already happened and I just can't find it.) But from what I can see the only individual book threads are for Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons speculation and then the rest are a lot more general. And I guess that's fine for people who've read all the books in the series that have been published (which I have.) But I think it's pretty unfair for people who have only read the one or two or three, and want to talk about one of those books but don't want to be bombarded by loads of spoilers.

Another series I have been reading is the Malazan book of the Fallen and although I don't like them as much as ASOIAF, I have to say that the Malazan forum seems be a lot more easy to navigate and access by people who are just getting into the series than this.

Sorry I don't mean to start off with a fight. But I have lots of different things I'd like to talk about about specific books and chapters but I just don't know where to put them in this forum.

SM: no problem, this doesn't seem the sort of thing to start a fight. :)

Ran is the person who could answer your question as the admin, but I think the need for a separate forum for each book is arguable. It does benefit those partway through the books, as you say, but it would be harder to police spoilers and present more options, which people might find confusing. I think the reread section might suit your needs?

ps this probably does go better in the Help forum. :P

Archived