3 Eyed Crow

mikeym

Did you even read my comment? I said that the wildlings have shown themselves to have superstitious and democratic tendencies. Not that they are not superstitious. If anything Ned has shown that he really isn't particularly superstitious. When they found the dead dire wolf with the antler in its throat - he didn't read very much into it - unlike Catelyn, who actually seemed to.

Okay, fair enough. If I misunderstood your comment, it's because I thought you were responding to my larger argument about Ygritte's comment about releasing all those shades. I don't think that Ygritte and Ned are similar in general--they have many differences--but they both made comments that reflect a folk belief about the dangers of disturbing a grave, and don't have anything to do with Others and wights.

I'm mostly satisfied that Mormont's crow wasn't Mormont's warg by the fact the crow said 'Burn, burn, burn' when Mormont didn't know to burn the wight, no absolute impossibilities given the wall, but still. Mormont likely kept the crow either for sentimental reasons or because he knew it was the warg of Bloodraven. Or maybe Mormont was the crows unknowing warg, whatever.

• 1 year later...

Could Mormont's Raven be the actual Three-Eyed Crow that Bran saw in his dreams? Therefore he was actually supposed to be seeking out Jon at the Wall, and not Blood Raven... Could Blood Raven be controlling the Others? Just a thought I just had after reading a few posts.

Good stuff guys.

• 8 months later...

I wouldn't be surprised that Mormont inherited Lord Brynden's Raven. I also wouldn't be surprised if, while he was imprisoned before Aegon V's ascension, that he didn't have a vision of the threat coming from the North, which would've made him all too willing to go to the Wall, as a stepping stone to greater insight, power and position. A sorcerer like Lord Brynden would be more interested in uncovering hidden truths than in leading the rabble at the Wall.

Been really getting into his skin lately.

http://isaacscranton.tumblr.com/post/48277081363/game-of-thrones-3-eyed-crow-photos-by-adrian

Archived