Questions before Clash of Kings

WightWolf

I figured there would be others like me out there just wanting to touch base about some things before starting the next book. It would be great to leave out any differences in the HBO series (while i think the show is fantastic, the book(s) are better). i do not know ANYTHING about the rest of the series yet, so these topics are purely thoughts.

so Yoren 'saved' arya. wish there was a little more kindness there without her scalp tearing. hope on the trip back to the north they find nymeria. she would probably turn wild, but still save arya in some way. that would be cool.

Ned's dead, which sucks b/c he was talking to the spider in his cell, i was hoping they would come up with something to let him escape. They said his head was unrecognizable, but so were the others. I was just hoping...

seriously, shaggydog's got to get it together. who leaves a wolf with a 4y.o.? Bran should help ricken with more training. and they should just start calling him 'Shag'. The direwolf aspect of this story is just awesome. I hope it continues this way without any other deaths. Grey-Wind in battle was good. Be cool if they gave him some armor to deflect arrows.

Always thought Baelish could be somewhat trusted. a great heel-turn.

i know there are some elements of magic and truly fictional themes (eg dragons and the walking dead/others) but i truly hope that it continues to wean in, and not just get smacked in the face with all this mystical stuff. don't get me wrong...i love the mystical stuff, but i don't want to get to the next chapter and have dany throwing fireballs or something.

Benjen...refuge with the wildings? an alliance? seems to me like the knowledge the wildings have of whats north of the wall would be vital.

Snow...should have let him range a little first before the stewardship. let him get some experience i guess. maybe a trip with snow and benjen before one with just benjen. bstark wanted to be there when snow first saw over the wall, would make sense if he would want to be with him on his first range too.

what of snow's mother. if ned's dead, how will we learn of this? and get over yourself catelyn, at least treat him like your sons friend. wasn't his fault he was born.

limited valaryin steel out there. we know a sword is named 'ice', maybe there is one named 'fire' and that could be linked to the title of the series?

again, i have do NOT have any info from the rest of the series so this was purely speculation and thoughts that i had after reading only the first book.

other thoughts? coments?

I never trusted Baelish for a moment. I figured that he was playing his own agenda, and will only serve whatever side he is on for as long as it suits him, after which he will cheerfully switch allegiances. I would definitely love to see more with the direwolves! As for Rickon, I think now that Bran and the others know he is having issues, they will work with him.

Benjen: I'm convinced that he is either dead or turned into a wight. We won't see him as himself again, unless a magical way is found to restore a wight to its former self.

Jon's mother: Ned can't be the only one in the world to know her identity. If she is still alive, whoever it is may reveal that she spent a night (at least) with Eddard Stark. Or there may have been a witness, a servant or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Yoren must treat her badly or they would know she was a girl. She is sort of flighty so she needed him to do and that, BOY! she had to remember. Saved her arse time and time again. she is young though.

iHope she find nymeria but the opportunities were there i think. As a matter of fact I think Nymeria was following her and keeping watch the whole time they were on the road, at a distance of course. Why didn't the wolves have her for supper when she went t take a piss? i am hoping that Nymeria isnt twisted by the whole abandonment thing, and that she understood - like an intelligent direwlf should - that she HAD do leave her.. and hit her :(

Ned is dead with his secrets.. thats is the only thing i worry about. things he could have said instead of having people grovel around trying to figure out things. Eddard was as naive as a boy. His "honor" was to the pint of stupidity. i only miss him because Arya, Jon, Bran and Rickon will.

Shaggydog is as wild and abandoned as owner. 4 year old baby left with his 9 year old brother in an empty castle with mommy, daddy, all his sisters and brother and people gone. Rickon is a lil wild thing and i love him and shaggydog alike. Esp. how shaggy bits up any man lol, rebellious just as how rickon is. I love how Rickon goes all the way to the crypts with shaggy alone in the dark withut light or anything. lol. I WISH we could see him become a man grown.

Grey wind does wear armor. He doesnt have any personality to me though... him and Lady, though she died a pup.

About the Magic... sigh, i wish there was more... trust it shall be a slow transition with a serious climax. Magic is mostly up north (Jon) and across the seas (Dany)

Wildling knowledge would be good yes, as Asher shows us. I think humans, wildling or none, will prlly have to come together and defend again magic... winter is coming, and the kingdom has never been so weak and ignorant.

I Hate catelyn just for how she treats Jon. I give her no pity. She is jealous of his mother and places her hatred on the boy, who only respects her. Her last words t him were "It should have been you". i bet him sword will save her worthless neck somewhere in the book. no matter how "strong" and "sensible" she seems she is as stupid as Sansa, the bird.

I dunno if swords would compare with the series, but now that you mention it... when I thought of Ice I though of the starks and when I thought of fire I thought of the blood of the Dragons, tagaryen.

Other thought: I LOVE HODOR :)

I Hate catelyn just for how she treats Jon. I give her no pity. She is jealous of his mother and places her hatred on the boy, who only respects her. Her last words t him were "It should have been you". i bet him sword will save her worthless neck somewhere in the book. no matter how "strong" and "sensible" she seems she is as stupid as Sansa, the bird.

yes, yes, yes!

However, I believe we feel this way because we live in modern day, through out the book, I don't believe we hear of any other bastanrds being loved my their fathers wife.. sad, but true...

• 3 weeks later...

Ned is dead with his secrets.. thats is the only thing i worry about. things he could have said instead of having people grovel around trying to figure out things. Eddard was as naive as a boy. His "honor" was to the pint of stupidity. i only miss him because Arya, Jon, Bran and Rickon will.

Someone has to figure out that little shit Joffrey is pure Lannister. How is it not painfully obvious to everyone?!?!? He's blond and incest is obviously not uncommon. Why is this a secret!?!?!

Other thought: I LOVE HODOR :)

ME TOO!!!! I thought it was weird how in the book the only word he ever says is Hodor. I don't know if that was the case in the series, but it surprised me while I was reading.

• 11 months later...

Archived