Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

It's my world. With blackjack and hookers.I do think so because voting without reasons (even fake reasons) means being suspicious.Every normal FM doesn't want to be suspicious.

Just starting to read over what I missed, but mods, I think my vote was on Yedan when I left.

I hate that Dassam leaves now right when there's a little heat directed his way. Not saying it's deliberate, but I would have liked him to answer me while there's still time left in day.

I'd certainly vote him. I hated his failure to answer questions and instead pose his own. He was being deliberately evasive.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Kalam Mekhar., Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

6 votes for Silchas Ruin (Anomander Rake., Yedan Derryg, Icarium, Onos T'oolan, Dassem Ultor, Kalam Mekhar.)

2 votes for Dassem Ultor (Quick Ben, Trull Sengar)

2 votes for Yedan Derryg (Silchas Ruin, Fiddler.)

1 vote for Kalam Mekhar. (Karsa Orlong)

1 vote for Karsa Orlong (Sandalath Drukorlat)

1 vote for Sandalath Drukorlat (Toc the Younger)

1 vote for Trull Sengar (Apsalar)

2 players have not voted: Gruntle, Tehol Beddict.

The particularly idiotic part being that it's you who's being voted off? I mean, you did make it clear in the very post I quoted that you are happy for anyone to swing for any case at all... So long as it isn't you. :P

No, because the "case" is exaggerated nothings. Several of which were exaggerated - if not outright distorted - by you.

If we were going on gut instincts I would have serious problems with you.

Who do you think has a more compelling case then? Now's your chance to suggest alternatives.

To be perfectly honest, Yedan.

Here's his posts so far:

1) vote for Fiddler for no reason other than it's a short name.

2) gives impressions, which aren't impressions but listing names with zero explanation.

3) This condescending post:

I have no time. And I like more to post during logical part of game. So further I would join you but now I firstly can't and secondly don't want.

Seems like a pretty good excuse to do nothing but sit back in the shadows and wait until the "logical" part of the game. Something about this attitude rubs me the wrong way.

4) places a retaliatory vote on me with the following reasoning:

FM wants to look like town. So they also look for the person to attack.

I'm the easy target. If you don't know whom to attack and want to attack somebody, you should find the person who is not here.

And the reasons are obvious. I can't help the city if I'm not here.

FM looks for easy targets. Easy to vote out.

If I were FM, I would not pick someone so argumentative and who gets defensive about one vote on them for their jerkish post in #3. Goes on to list reasons that really don't make sense. I'm not someone who has played this game a lot but I've played it and watched enough to easily pick out who the poster is by his style and know he's not an "easy" target.

5) Responds to my incredulous post about his retaliatory vote with what seems to me to be a mocking manner as well as continuing to attempt to assign motivation to my words that make little sense. Particularly this:

I had mentioned you and you were here in 30 mins. Defending yourself.

I'm not even 100% sure what this means. I rushed online to make sure I didn't have to defend myself? Was lying in wait for posts? It's this attitude that frankly just reeks to me.

6) When I asked him to explain why he thinks I'm guilty his only answer was:

I do not like your posts I have the bad impression at you and your attacking me looks suspcious for me.

I'm guilty because I voted for him. That's it. Oh, and he has a bad impression. Nothing detailed or even substantial- still.

7 & 8) This is where he has me scratching my chin. He defends Onos out of nowhere, saying that Onos isn't suspicious because he's just voting for a lynch mob without giving reasons. He says in the next post that not listing reasons for your vote is suspicious and since FM don't want to be suspicious they would list reasons for their vote. What he fails to remember is that in this game every single word you write can be viewed as suspicious by someone else.

Onos is clearly trying to play chaotic. That's his bag and he can wear it how he wants. Yedan seems to be playing a similar game in that they're both essentially saying, "meh, let's just lynch someone now and we'll help out later. Promise."

I can believe that type of intentional style from one player - and Onos seems much more genuine about it. But two? And one of them defending the other, for whatever reason?

My vote stays on Yedan. He seems like he's trying too hard to be casual and uncaring, but his OMGUS retaliation towards me for merely voting for him to contribute is a little much.

If you mean where though, like page 7 or something. Note taking is tedious and I'm getting bored of it though, might just not bother and skim it'll probably work as well. STILL ONWARD WE GO FOR A BIT.

No, dear, not "why are you taking notes" but why are you voting Anomander Rake.

No, dear, not "why are you taking notes" but why are you voting Anomander Rake.

Already got that one in my last post.

Anyway you guys are distracting me and stuff. Gonna catch the rest of the team soon I'd expect so stay tuned and all that. I'm sure it'll be interesting.

To be perfectly honest, Yedan.

I've reread Yeden, and actually I have a pretty good impression of him. Not his attitude towards contribution, just the way he responded to being prodded.

Frankly, in the exchange between the two of you he came off sounding better. You got really defensive, he just brushed it off.

Anyone else you have in mind (aside from Dassem)? Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing your tiers. Same goes for anyone else who wants to give them.

If I were FM, I would not pick someone so argumentative and who gets defensive about one vote on them for their jerkish post in #3. Goes on to list reasons that really don't make sense. I'm not someone who has played this game a lot but I've played it and watched enough to easily pick out who the poster is by his style and know he's not an "easy" target.

Can't help but notice that's the second time you pulled the 'If I were a FM card'. Ever hear of the book If I Did It by OJ Simpson? That's sort of what it sounds like :P

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Kalam Mekhar., Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

6 votes for Silchas Ruin (Anomander Rake., Yedan Derryg, Icarium, Onos T'oolan, Dassem Ultor, Kalam Mekhar.)

3 votes for Dassem Ultor (Quick Ben, Trull Sengar, Sandalath Drukorlat)

2 votes for Yedan Derryg (Silchas Ruin, Fiddler.)

1 vote for Kalam Mekhar. (Karsa Orlong)

1 vote for Sandalath Drukorlat (Toc the Younger)

1 vote for Trull Sengar (Apsalar)

1 vote for Anomander Rake (Gruntle)

1 player has not voted: Tehol Beddict.

If you mean where though, like page 7 or something. Note taking is tedious and I'm getting bored of it though, might just not bother and skim it'll probably work as well. STILL ONWARD WE GO FOR A BIT.

Hmmm... guess you answered the next part of my question already: Why are you following current events and not reading through the posts?

Still can't help but notice you're pretty on top of things for someone who should be reading...

Hmmm... guess you answered the next part of my question already: Why are you following current events and not reading through the posts?

Still can't help but notice you're pretty on top of things for someone who should be reading...

Why would I not be following current events? Plus they're more interesting anyway.

Not going to dignify the 'How do you know that' question by quoting it, that is all.

Archived