Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

I can't really stay up to date critically for a few more hours...

I did notice that I didn't like quick Ben's first post back where he loved everybody. There isn't anyone that I'd be completely unwilling to lynch on day one nor should there ever be. To all- please don't put me in this category unless you are a healer healing me. Thanks.

Wait, you think being unwilling to lynch certain people makes Quick more likely non innocent? Why? it seems like something that's more likely a playstyle quirk than anything else, I don't see why it's suspicious in a vacuum, at all. 'Splain it to me?

But oh god the pain it burns at the last sentence. Anyway.

We have less than 6 hours left right? I can't get the site to load.

While I still prefer Onos, with it getting late in some parts of the world and day ending before it'll be early there again I'll feel far more comfortable if we can get a lynch in the next 2 hours. Otherwise we're relying on players the other side of the world doing it all on their own.

So I'm switching to my second choice, Silchas Ruin

I'd love to see a bit more from Karsa. He's really just coasting so far. And obviously Gruntle the Second needs to show their hand. They have just been thrown in though, so I'll give a little leeway.

As for Apsalar... Sorry, but you have to try a little harder. New recruit or not!

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Kalam Mekhar., Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

6 votes for Silchas Ruin (Anomander Rake., Yedan Derryg, Icarium, Onos T'oolan, Dassem Ultor, Kalam Mekhar.)

2 votes for Kalam Mekhar. (Fiddler., Karsa Orlong)

1 vote for Dassem Ultor (Quick Ben)

1 vote for Karsa Orlong (Sandalath Drukorlat)

1 vote for Sandalath Drukorlat (Toc the Younger)

1 vote for Trull Sengar (Apsalar)

1 vote for Yedan Derryg (Silchas Ruin)

3 players have not voted: Gruntle, Tehol Beddict, Trull Sengar.

Someone on the leading wagon, anyone don't care who but would prefer one of the later voters, explain why I should be voting it, thanks in advance.

Because he:

Tried to hold us in the RP phase.

Said he'll be willing to lynch someone just because they were "useless" as a player.

Was pretty defensive when his wagon started to form.

Other people may have different reasons too.

Hello there very dodgy post how are you? 'Hey imma re-read the arguments later but sure I'll just pop a vote down cos why not, got nothing better to do, no point pushing someone I think might be non innocent myself, that's crazy'.

Pedit: Meh, I need to re-read the arguments. Throwing votes down now because it looks 'inevitable' is pretty terribad.

Point #3 is probably about as null a tell as is a null tell was ever a null tell. need context for the others, wheeeeeee reading backwards atm though cos it's more fun.

Actually, by "discouraging case building" I quite literally meant these two posts:

Oh yes, you mean the one where I asked you what your hurry was, since - as it says there in the post - we were only two and a half hours into the game and you were already trying to get serious. You had 12 posts at that point. Trull was in second with 10 posts. Everyone else had 6 or less and you're trying to make serious cases against people.

It was ridiculous and will always be ridiculous.

The second post you quoted was a joke.

And by "encouraging us to lynch someone for not being useful later on" I quite literally meant these two posts:

Yes, where I voted for Yedan in the hopes that he'd begin to take the game seriously and contribute, as I've explained several times. I've explained all this several times, but apparently just as "making observations" is considered being wishy washy, "explaining" is being overly defensive.

Regardless, it seems like you people have your Day 1 lynch. Let's round up the facts, shall we:

1) I didn't see the point in getting serious when most of the players present had less than 5 posts.

2) I pointed out my observations on players but didn't place a vote on anyone because I didn't consider anything vote-worthy yet.

3) I voted for Yedan because he was being a condescending jerk, bragging about how he wasn't going to contribute. Then, when Yedan proceeded to have a mini-freakout and place a retaliatory vote on me, I was incredulous.

Those are what I may be lynched for. I didn't see the point in being serious less than three hours into the game, I didn't vote for anyone immediately, and I voted for a guy who, to me, was acting incredibly scummy. Excellent case. Let's call for the headsman already!

What has been Toc's notable contribution as far as you are concerned?

So I ask you a question and you don't answer it, but rather ask one of me? fine. . He has something like 21 posts and more than half are paragraphs long. While I know YMMV, I found his content "noteable"

Here are just a few (still don't know how you missed them all):

Please don't do this. It's obviously meta for some reason and nothing that can be evaluated or discussed. Say it's gut and give a ew reasons but don't do this. For the record, my non-suspicion of Onos has nothing to do with meta, just what I see in thread.

Now is tha part of the day where I pop in and run off again. I *might* be back before the end of day, but highly unlikely. So while I like my vote on Sandralathdarsa, I'm going with Kalam right now. Sandradarthala has some posts I like, and I kind of agree on him with Karsa - he needs to be watched. I still have some vague sense of unease about Kalam and his posts aren't sitting quite right with me. Yeah, I got nothing more solid to throw out right now, but I don't like how he jumped on Fiddler with vigor and did the same with Onos, so it's mainly gut right now. I'd also not cry over a Silchas lynch, but I don't forsee a lynch on him needing my help. Fiddler is still an ok lynch, but I'm finding that I kind of want to keep him around. Eh - could go either way on him. His 'poor me' posts grated on me and I still think all the points on him are solid but holy cow is he an easy target.

Kalam, your intense reaction to Onos is odd to me. I know we've been around this block and the fact that you're already voting him means you're goingto be more sensitive to his posts, but still. It doesn't seem evil to me, just consistent. This seems a repeat of the intense vigor on which you attacked Fiddler the second time for being defensive. It's making me feel worse about you.

I don't see Karsa saying he jumped in without reading his role suspicious or even an indication he wanted it know he had a role. It seems to me he jumped in without opening the message at all so had no idea if he had a role, much less what faction he was on. Some people do this. That's my impression anyway.

While I agree there is a lot of fluff and I am not overly impressed with his case on Kalam, he does ask some relevant and pointed questions. Of course, I think in some cases he is trying to hard (Fiddler) but overall I think the questioning is fine. I will agree that he doesn't offer up a lot of info on his own. I guess this adds up to me someone to keep an eye on, but not suspicious enough to vote yet.

I thought it was pretty clear, actually. What do you want - the specific words that sound more petulant than the others?

I think Sandalath asked me why I got reasonable vibes from Rake. Well, he seems reasonable :). His posts make sense, show thought and he isn't in anyone's face to make his point. Ben said he seemed dispassionate and I think that's right. It adds up to the Reasonable Reyne* profile and it can't help but to make me a touch nervous.

*Reyne was a killer in one game who played in the way I described. No one suspected him. It happened in the next game that Reyne was inhabited by a reasonable, helpful but low-key player ... Reasonable Reyene stuck.

I had to go back to see what you were talking about. The OMGUS and easy targets were referring to Fiddler's suspect list and I accidentally put it in twice. I edited it with a strikethrough for clarity. I try to keep my suspicions separate. Just because I find you suspicious doesn't mean that automatically someone voting for you is more innocent in my eyes. I just have to go by who is more suspicious.

(and could you use the avatar name instead of player name?)

eta: and OMGUS is not always scumtell. Probably not often, actually. It's not the strongest argument against Fiddler, I'll grant you, but in this case there are many other points against him we can chose from.

I will say I don't agree with Onos's vote on Trull. I get a more inno vibe than FM. Tool's vote seemed base on the 'dumb' statements, but they don't indicate evil (as Karsa is trying to illustrate)

I think Karsa is trying a touch too hard to poke and prod. I agree with most of it, but the prodding of Fiddler seemed a bit much. I thought it was pretty clear the list of low voters did not include the ones who hadn't posted. And something else he needled Fiddler about that is slipping my mind. Won't vote Karsa today, though.

eta: it was the way Karsa asked Fiddler how Kalam was a low flyer. Again, I thought it was obvious that Kalam and Tool were separate from that group. Overall it seemed like poking for poking's sake to look good.

Just quoting this because it's an example of a lot of nothing from Fiddler and more of him keeping his head down and safe.

So I see Sandalath's vote was a joke that apparently I didn't get either. So a few pages to comment on and this is what we get?

So the easy targets and OMGUS! Noted.

So the easy targets and OMGUS! Noted. Any you think polite invitation to discuss suspects over tea is the way to stir up conversation? Got a hint for you, won't work.

I was really liking Trull until he didn't appreciate Karsa's entrance. Boo! I am liking Rake, Karsa and Onos.

Sandalath Drukorlat because you really should at least try harder.

(would also vote Fiddler, Ben and Kalam, in that order.)

eta: strikeout for clarity.

I will say I don't agree with Onos's vote on Trull. I get a more inno vibe than FM. Tool's vote seemed base on the 'dumb' statements, but they don't indicate evil (as Karsa is trying to illustrate)

I think Karsa is trying a touch too hard to poke and prod. I agree with most of it, but the prodding of Fiddler seemed a bit much. I thought it was pretty clear the list of low voters did not include the ones who hadn't posted. And something else he needled Fiddler about that is slipping my mind. Won't vote Karsa today, though.

eta: it was the way Karsa asked Fiddler how Kalam was a low flyer. Again, I thought it was obvious that Kalam and Tool were separate from that group. Overall it seemed like poking for poking's sake to look good.

Hello there very dodgy post how are you? 'Hey imma re-read the arguments later but sure I'll just pop a vote down cos why not, got nothing better to do, no point pushing someone I think might be non innocent myself, that's crazy'.

Pedit: Meh, I need to re-read the arguments. Throwing votes down now because it looks 'inevitable' is pretty terribad.

Point #3 is probably about as null a tell as is a null tell was ever a null tell. need context for the others, wheeeeeee reading backwards atm though cos it's more fun.

You really are difficult to understand...

I'd also be willing to lynch you as much as Silchas. So great minds and all. :P

Thank you for completely dodging my questions and trying to diffuse things with a joke. All you would have had to do to get me off your case was give me ONE thought or opinion that doesn't sound like a mish-mash of what other people were already saying. Dassem Ultor.

Also find it interesting you put me in your top tier now that I've questioned you, when just a couple posts back you said I look innocent... inconsistent much?

edit: note to self:, don't try to rewrite sentences in the past tense from now on.

I think you fail to grasp the delicious irony that you are sarcastically calling the case on yourself weak, having previously made the post I quoted. :P

I realize all Day 1 cases are weak. The case against me isn't just weak, it's particularly idiotic.

I realize all Day 1 cases are weak. The case against me isn't just weak, it's particularly idiotic.

The particularly idiotic part being that it's you who's being voted off? I mean, you did make it clear in the very post I quoted that you are happy for anyone to swing for any case at all... So long as it isn't you. :P

Archived