Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

So wait, you (Karsa) voted for me without glancing at your role, or should I read that as your role required a more thorough reading then just a quick glance? Hmm, interesting...

Anyway, can you post normally now. 3/4 of us here haven't even read the books and I can't tell what thoughts of yours are serious and what's just roleplay.

I will vote for you if you don't -- this I vow.

Also, before I forget: Quick Ben and Kalam are not partnered. I'm willing to make that declaration for sure. There was just too much back-and-forth between them in thread then one would expect if they were parners.

That's all you have to say?

I'll edit it for clarity.

The rest of your comment appears to revolve around Kalam posting a lot of filler. I agree. If he starts pointing at his post count later on without addressing this then we can all laugh at him. The same applies to Trull as well. In fact most of the players who decided to dispense with the RP and substituted it with complaining about RP could be accused of this.

So wait, you (Karsa) voted for me without glancing at your role, or should I read that as your role required a more thorough reading then just a quick glance? Hmm, interesting...

*Toothy grin*

Also, before I forget: Quick Ben and Kalam are not partnered. I'm willing to make that declaration for sure. There was just too much back-and-forth between them in thread then one would expect if they were parners.

No.

What is the benefit in pointing this out now?

The rest of your comment appears to revolve around Kalam posting a lot of filler. I agree. If he starts pointing at his post count later on without addressing this then we can all laugh at him. The same applies to Trull as well. In fact most of the players who decided to dispense with the RP and substituted it with complaining about RP could be accused of this.

Are you still pretty confident in your vote on Silchas Ruin?

Are you still pretty confident in your vote on Silchas Ruin?

I'm happy with it, certainly.

I think wishy washy play is play that benefits the FM as it makes it easier for them to hide. Silchas has been very equivocal so far and I think that's dangerous.

Just to clarify my earlier post about a 20 hour break -- this board clock is totally fucked from my current time. My bad.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if you'd missed my other posts entirely and assumed I'd decided to enter the game with the immortal words 'erm line' or if you'd made a typo.

I can sort of see where Rake's coming from. Most your 'observations' have been very soft

Generally what one does when observing is make observations. I simply hadn't seen anything that required an inquiry. Kalam's aggressiveness and your opportunism were the two closest things. I pointed out my thoughts on Kalam and on your vote. I didn't, and don't, see a need to have attempted to make a big deal out of things that aren't.

or talk about how the game has moved too fast from RP to serious discussion.

The last part is what really bugs me. So the game has moved past the RP stage, why are you complaining about it instead of adding to the actual discussion?

I think I made two posts about it, one of which was quite joking in manner. I wouldn't exactly call that complaining.

I'm happy with it, certainly.

I think wishy washy play is play that benefits the FM as it makes it easier for them to hide. Silchas has been very equivocal so far and I think that's dangerous.

Can you please point out how I've been wishy washy and equivocal? It's much more polite to explain why you're attempting to paint a target on someone rather than just doing so.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Anomander Rake., Apsalar, Dassem Ultor, Fiddler., Gruntle, Icarium, Kalam Mekhar., Karsa Orlong, Onos T'oolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

3 votes for Fiddler. (Yedan Derryg, Kalam Mekhar., Onos T'oolan)

2 votes for Kalam Mekhar. (Fiddler., Karsa Orlong)

1 vote for Quick Ben (Sandalath Drukorlat)

1 vote for Silchas Ruin (Anomander Rake.)

1 vote for Tehol Beddict (Quick Ben)

1 vote for Trull Sengar (Apsalar)

7 players have not voted: Dassem Ultor, Gruntle, Icarium, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Toc the Younger, Trull Sengar.

I’m kind of unimpressed with Tehol, Yedan, Dassem and to a lesser extent Sandalath and Tool right now. None of you are really saying anything. Do any of you have thoughts you would like to share? Who are your top three suspects?

Can you please point out how I've been wishy washy and equivocal? It's much more polite to explain why you're attempting to paint a target on someone rather than just doing so.

Certainly.

I've underlinded the bits that concern me in your posts. (I've only included those that deal directly with other players.)

I didn't really see anything suspicious in Ben's posts, except maybe he was trying to hard. Forcing his posts a little bit to make his presence known, perhaps.

It is a little surprising that we're apparently already into the "serious stuff" part of the game, but only because you're apparently chomping to get at the bit. You appear to be trying to take control of the game very, very early. We're, what, 2.5 hours into a potentially 30-hour long day. Several players still haven't checked in, and of those who have, half of them have as many posts as you do combined. And you're already trying to build a case on someone.

This may just be your personality, and isn't necessarily suspicious, but the speed at which you're trying to move things unsettles me.

I disliked Trull's seemingly serious - and in my opinion undeserved - vote on you, but this does seem a little overly defensive.

I disliked it, but ultimately didn't give it much thought at the time. If votes were to have continued to pile on you and he kept his vote there, I would have gone from disliking the move to being quite suspicious of it.

He was much more aggressive at it while you kind of waffled.

Your language is filled with little clarifying points and asides that you've used to counterract any observation you make. For instance, Quick Ben isn't suspicious, but may be trying too hard, Kalam isn't necessarily suspicious, but is unsettling, Trull's vote on Fiddler is undeserved, but Fiddler is suspicious anyway, you dislike something, but haven't thought about it. You keep trying to have a bet each way, which means later on you can hang back and then point back to your posts as an excuse to vote in however seems convenient. And you've done it 3 times in your first five or six posts.

Essentially, all we know from your posts is that you've read the thread. It's ok to have an opinion that isn't black and white, but your opinions seem to be all the same shade of grey. To me, that's suspicious, it's what FM do. Hence my vote.

I’m kind of unimpressed with Tehol, Yedan, Dassem and to a lesser extent Sandalath and Tool right now. None of you are really saying anything. Do any of you have thoughts you would like to share? Who are your top three suspects?

Apsalar, Gruntle, Icarium, and Toc are cool with you?

eta- You still like your vote on Kalam?

Archived