Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

I have a little time for reading the thread.

It's day 1, so with no logical explonation I give just my impression:

Positive impression: Toc the Younger, Karsa Orlong.

Negative: Fiddler., Silchas Ruin.

Thanks for reading.:)

Are you going to have significantly more time later, or is this the level of input we should learn to expect?

Nice to have a few more voices in the mix again.

I think Karsa is trying a touch too hard to poke and prod. I agree with most of it, but the prodding of Fiddler seemed a bit much. I thought it was pretty clear the list of low voters did not include the ones who hadn't posted. And something else he needled Fiddler about that is slipping my mind. Won't vote Karsa today, though.

Karsa does seem to be modelling himself on the real thing.

Picking on Fiddler doesn't make you look good though. Everyone's been doing it (with pretty good reason) already. The mass of low content posting (of a very different type to that of Karsa and Tool) plus wierd defensiveness (and OMGUS based suspicion*) when faced with a bare handful of votes certainly isn't ideal. But it's an inexperienced reaction to a couple of early votes, not necessarily a guilty one.

I'm quite keen to hear from QB and Kalam now that there's a bit more material to work with. I thought Toc raised some potentially interesting points on both of them in his first couple posts.

* And while Fiddler has told us his suspicion isn't OMGUS, showing not telling might be the way to go here.

I have a little time for reading the thread.

It's day 1, so with no logical explonation I give just my impression:

Positive impression: Toc the Younger, Karsa Orlong.

Negative: Fiddler., Silchas Ruin.

Thanks for reading.:)

Oh, how very kind of you to bring absolutely nothing new to the table.

Are you going to have significantly more time later, or is this the level of input we should learn to expect?

I have no time. And I like more to post during logical part of game. So further I would join you but now I firstly can't and secondly don't want.

I'm quite keen to hear from QB and Kalam now that there's a bit more material to work with. I thought Toc raised some potentially interesting points on both of them in his first couple posts.

I must have missed these interesting points on me! All I saw was a comment that I did something that needed to be done (I agree. The initial post was a test for his reaction. Someone had to do it, and the sooner the better at that point), plus a comment that I was looking for validation. To that I'd have to shrug, say take it that way if you want, but remember at that point we had very few people putting firm opinions to paper. We need firm opinions to work with later or day 1 is a washout. I was happy for observations on me, or on others, or on my points. Any. Just so long as there was something we could later look at and say "On day 1, X believed Y about Z."

That said, while I don't necessarily agree with all of Toc's conclusions, I do like his reasoning. His play is ringing true so far. Hence his place as an almost won't lynch. The same's true, only more so, about Karsa.

Further to this, I'm pretty sure both players were trying too hard to get the conversation into business mode and so come across as a little forced. I'm interested in what they have to say now that it's no longer a fight to talk serious.

While on Toc's posts, I wasn't a big fan of where he chose to put his vote in the end. Felt like a fairly low effort choice to me, after dabbling with more potentially interesting/enlightening possibilities.

Kalam, so is the only reason you place Trull on tier Fiddler because of his role fishing? You find that scummy? If we had symps in the game, perhaps, but killers would have no reason to say so on thread. I find it careless rather than evil myself.

And now I see Kalam raising the same point against Tool. Again with the opportunism? It's funny how the same post can be read so differently by people. What about the rest of what Tool has said?

Am I supposed to have responded while I slept to beat anyone else? Or to drop my opinion because someone else makes it first? I made that post as I read through, copy and pasting my posts into the next post box as I went.

AS to the rest of his posts? The points he make tend to be weak, he tries to suck up to a self-admitted newbie and generally hasn't really added much. Can you get a single coherent position from him from his posts so far beyond "I love you, Newbie!"?

I'd go as far as to say that he has added as much in the way of definitive opinions, stuff to work from later and useful input as Apsalar so far. At least she has an excuse though!

Kalam, so is the only reason you place Trull on tier Fiddler because of his role fishing? You find that scummy? If we had symps in the game, perhaps, but killers would have no reason to say so on thread. I find it careless rather than evil myself.

Nope. I say in the very post where I put him in Tier Fiddler that I also see his post as something of an over reaction. Seeing as Tier Fidd exists because of over reaction, role fishing and minor over reaction pretty much match major over reaction right now.

While on Toc's posts, I wasn't a big fan of where he chose to put his vote in the end. Felt like a fairly low effort choice to me, after dabbling with more potentially interesting/enlightening possibilities.

It's early. The joke vote that turns into a reason for a real vote is safe. It will look consistent on a reread and there is really no reason for that vote to be there. It took no thought, just like the rest of the posts. She had time to read over what had been happening in the thread and focused on Ben's error? Saaaaaafe.

Don't be frustrated, spark a bit of conversation. Get your hands dirty. Just saying,'hey you low-flyers, we'd like to hear from you at your convenience, k?' is not stirring things up. You're lying down in frustrated silence because you have three votes? Are you hoping we feel sorry for you and decide to look elsewhere? Fight it, don't give in to it. I'm gonna have to go back and see why you suspected Tool and Kalam other than that they voted for you.

Yes, I dislike Tool and Kalam based on the oppertunistic voting, but only for lack of better options. I sort of bothered by the all too convienent 'I would be willing to vote for Fids' wagon in the making. Weak dealing. If I seem scummy board the wagon and be done with it. Learn something. If not poke elsewhere for a while, my ribs are sore.

Talk about picking easy targets, you voted for SD? :bang: What's your angle? What makes her stand out above the rest?

Nobody stands out for me in a substantial way. Maybe the conversations I've tried to initiate are superficial, but it's day one. What is there to say? Superficial posts can breed sugnificant posts.

Add -

Checked before the posting and I'm liking Kalam's new posts. Yedan is rubbing me the wrong way. A cop out is a cop out, no matter how you spin it.

Am I supposed to have responded while I slept to beat anyone else? Or to drop my opinion because someone else makes it first? I made that post as I read through, copy and pasting my posts into the next post box as I went.

OK, a bit defensive, but ok. My point was more that you and Karsa both read that in Tool, but that's not how I saw him at all.

Nope. I say in the very post where I put him in Tier Fiddler that I also see his post as something of an over reaction. Seeing as Tier Fidd exists because of over reaction, role fishing and minor over reaction pretty much match major over reaction right now.

I must have glossed over the rest - sorry.

Add -

Checked before the posting and I'm liking Kalam's new posts. Yedan is rubbing me the wrong way. A cop out is a cop out, no matter how you spin it.

Hold on, I hop off of your train and suddenly you like me again?

Also, voting Yedan is a VERY safe vote. There are reasons that shouldn't be voiced that show that refusing to take part on day 1, while an absolute cop out, is a null tell. Some of our players just roll that way, which ever side they are on. I don't like it as a playstyle, but that's something for discussing in Spoiler Heaven, not mid game. :)

If not poke elsewhere for a while, my ribs are sore.

All this does is make me want to switch my vote to you. I get that there are a lot of people on the 'would lynch Fid' train, but seriously. You have all but rolled over exposing your belly.

Talk about picking easy targets, you voted for SD? :bang: What's your angle? What makes her stand out above the rest?

See above.

Add -

Yedan has jumped over Tool? It seems like you are avoiding voting Tool so you don't give us more fodder to hang you. Trying too hard to appease and keep your head down?

We need firm opinions to work with later or day 1 is a washout. I was happy for observations on me, or on others, or on my points. Any. Just so long as there was something we could later look at and say "On day 1, X believed Y about Z."

I agree with this. Hence my caveat in my previous post. I'm much more interested in your (& QB's) posts now than the ones made at the start of the day which I and others got a forced vibe from.

It's early. The joke vote that turns into a reason for a real vote is safe. It will look consistent on a reread and there is really no reason for that vote to be there. It took no thought, just like the rest of the posts. She had time to read over what had been happening in the thread and focused on Ben's error? Saaaaaafe.

Sure is. But it's also a pretty safe/unchallenging vote for you to make as well. Which I thought was a bit of a shame as your approach to that point was good.

Also, Fiddler, it's actually a little painful to watch you go through the day.

Hold on, I hop off of your train and suddenly you like me again?

Also, voting Yedan is a VERY safe vote. There are reasons that shouldn't be voiced that show that refusing to take part on day 1, while an absolute cop out, is a null tell. Some of our players just roll that way, which ever side they are on. I don't like it as a playstyle, but that's something for discussing in Spoiler Heaven, not mid game. :)

Like you again? I never liked you first. What can I say? You came back and started making sense. Tool seems a little suspicious to me too.

Yedan has jumped over Tool? It seems like you are avoiding voting Tool so you don't give us more fodder to hang you. Trying too hard to appease and keep your head down?

Yes Yedan jumped over Tool. Tool is just there for lack of better options. Why would voting for Tool give anyone fodder? If I wanted to keep my head down I would have left long ago instead of staying and talking you into voting for me. Yedan's cop out stinks, keep it real.

OK, a bit defensive, but ok. My point was more that you and Karsa both read that in Tool, but that's not how I saw him at all.

Now that I'm re-reading myself, I take this back. Part of my point was, yes, it's another opportunistic vote. I realize that you can't always be the first to place a vote or make a point, it's just that I didn't like your vote on Fiddler, and I don't like this vote on Tool. Part of the Tool vote is that I'm not seeing the problem and you didn't really elaborate - you just jumped.

Archived