GOT Mafia 80

Piper of Chaos

So wait, why exactly do you think I'd make the best lynch?

This is what you wrote:

Yarwyck. I find him defensive and he's taking on low hanging fruit. A vote for night, a suspcion of me because I didn't find that uber suspicious. A vote for someone with an attitude.

Of those things I'm pretty sure I'm not being overly-defensive (at least not up 'til now). Nor have I voted for night.

Sure you don't have me confused with someone else?

I'm just saying I can't be the only better lynch option in your mind... name some names, give us some reasons...

Not that you voted for night, but that you voted for Overton, who did. Obvious and easy target. I thought you were pretty defensive earlier on - no time now to get examples.

I said that I'd prefer you, Inchfield and Upcliff in that order. Inchfield because of an earlier dislike of his post and run. He has engaged a little now, but not much and he did go for the easy route of Ball as well. Upcliff because he hasn't voted yet and my gut is telling me too. His posts don't make an impression on me and he's sliding in that safe mid-range. Again, that one is mostly gut and no time to back it up.

Well, three FMs are probably too many for this game anyway. But that did look like a team work, so neatly one after another jumping on the easiest lynch candidate. Especially it was odd coming for Swann with all that sweating his arse off to be reasonable and then, all of a sudden, voting just because a player is not helpful enough on the day 1.

You think the FM would decide to gang up on you at the same time? No way, not even for WIFOM.

I'm happy to keep my vote on Ball - he is at best an unhelpful innocent; he is suspicious because not attempting to help team innocent is inherently dodgy; most importantly his death will give us useful information. I also think in a crazy Piper-type set-up odd behaviour is inherently suspicious, because we may not be able to grasp how everyone is motivated.

If Ball is not happening, I can go with Cassel.

Remove vote

Well that supplied some good information. Namely that I don't think Yarwyck and Swann can be partnered, but that I do think one of them might be evil.

Given that his was the third quick vote on Ball, I'd have to go with Swann looking more suspicious than Yarwyck.

Still :reading:

Yes you Yarwyck. Ball is an easy target. Not saying he's inno, just that I haven't seen a convincing reason why he is more likely guilty than anyone else. I am reluctant to vote Swann today. Inchfield is behind you in my preferences and then Upcliff. He needs to vote.

I'm aware of that, and I'll definitely add my vote before the day ends. For now I'm thinking that I might vote for Ball (not being more likely guilty than anyone else doesn't mean complete innocence), but I'll wait a few posts to see if any compelling arguments are made against anyone else...

ETA: Changing a portion of text I bolded into italics instead.

And yes, Swann. Don't be so quick to jump on the weakest player unless there is a better reason than this person being the weakest player.

Ball's defensiveness is bordering on rediculous, but overdfensivness is null for me. It says less about the player's guilt or inoocents and more about the player's desire to remain in the game.

I don't like Yarwyck or Swann for the vote pile up. At this point I'd be happy to see either go.

Not that you voted for night, but that you voted for Overton, who did. Obvious and easy target. I thought you were pretty defensive earlier on - no time now to get examples.

I thought it pretty obvious that the vote of Overton was primarily meant to provoke discussion, which is why I found it odd you were trying to nip suspicion of him in the bud. Would I be making the same argument now as a means to get him lynched, absolutely not.

In fact, I don't really find voting for night a sign of anything at all except perhaps of someone being new to mafia as played on these boards. Hence why I don't buy the case against Swann... perhaps we should be looking at those pushing the Swann vote for a possible lynch.

Ball's defensiveness is bordering on rediculous, but overdfensivness is null for me. It says less about the player's guilt or inoocents and more about the player's desire to remain in the game.

I don't like Yarwyck or Swann for the vote pile up. At this point I'd be happy to see either go.

True but a player's desire to remain in the game should depend on faction, since an innocent's death is less detrimental to their team than it is for an FM. The vote pile up is also not a good reason to suspect someone, since it clearly does not look (at least to me) premeditated.

You think the FM would decide to gang up on you at the same time? No way, not even for WIFOM.

I'm happy to keep my vote on Ball - he is at best an unhelpful innocent; he is suspicious because not attempting to help team innocent is inherently dodgy; most importantly his death will give us useful information. I also think in a crazy Piper-type set-up odd behaviour is inherently suspicious, because we may not be able to grasp how everyone is motivated.

If Ball is not happening, I can go with Cassel.

It would have been good if you had read all of my comments before posting it. This way you wouldn't have written the first sentence.

You think that being an unhelpful innocent is suspicious? And has it crossed your mind that an FM is actually rather more likely to play a helpful innocent than an innocent himself? You might be of another opinion, but I strongly believe that FMs are much more motivated than the innocents. Moreover, how may my death actually give any useful info? As far as I can understand, the roles won't be opened up till the end of the game. Am I being wrong?

I thought it pretty obvious that the vote of Overton was primarily meant to provoke discussion, which is why I found it odd you were trying to nip suspicion of him in the bud. Would I be making the same argument now as a means to get him lynched, absolutely not.

In fact, I don't really find voting for night a sign of anything at all except perhaps of someone being new to mafia as played on these boards. Hence why I don't buy the case against Swann... perhaps we should be looking at those pushing the Swann vote for a possible lynch.

A guilty new player might think going for night would make them look innocent. New players are sometimes afraid to be on the train of an innocent.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Ambrose, Ball, Cassel, Florent, Harlaw, Inchfield, Kenning, Overton, Swann, Upcliff, Yarwyck

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

0 votes: Kenning (- Overton)

1 vote: Overton (Kenning)

3 votes: Ball (Ambrose, - Inchfield, Yarwyck, Swann)

4 votes: Swann (Harlaw, Ball, + Inchfield, + Overton)

1 vote: Yarwyck (Cassel)

2 players have not voted: Florent, Upcliff

ETA:

Do we have a CF?

Yes, CF as usual.

It would have been good if you read all of my comments before posting it. This way you wouldn't have written the first sentence.

You think that being an unhelpful innocent is suspicious? And has it crossed your mind that an FM is actually rather more likely to play a helpful innocent than an innocent himself? You might be of another opinion, but I strongly believe that FMs are much more motivated than the innocents. Moreover, how may my death actually give any useful info? As far as I can understand, the roles won't be opened up till the end of the game. Am I being wrong?

I read your comments, apologies if I didn't take in your meaning.

Of course being an unhelpful innocent is not suspicious because innocents are not suspicious. Do I think being unhelpful is suspicious? Sure - and normally FM are more subtle about it than you have been, to be sure, but of course FM don't want to help the innocent team. But the nub of it is that I'm happy to lynch you for being unhelpful, because I don't think it makes you innocent, so if the day one lynch is basically random (and let's face it it is) we may as well lynch someone who hasn't properly tried.

I meant your faction would be useful info - do we not even get that? I confess I barely even skimmed the rules once I saw I was RI.

I'd say Swann seems like an intelligent newcomer, but why innocent?

Heads up: I'll be crossposting ike crazy. I broke a couple fingers yesterday.

It's gut - he behaves like I imagine an inno would - and like I did back when I was new. This opinion is open to review tomorrow, but for now I don't want to lynch him.

Archived