Southwest U.S. BwB

According to the BwB post outlining who does and doesn't qualify as a member of BwB, I think I do. I =LOVE= ASOIAF. Granted, I'm a noob, and like many, only started reading after I saw the first episode of HBO's GoT. (Hopefully you all won't hold that against me. :P) That said, I devoured the first three books, and now I'm on to the fourth.

I'm just curious about anyone who might be in the Southwest (AZ, NM, TX, CO, etc.) for future local con meetups and such. I can't make it to Reno this year, unfortunately, since I've already got tickets for GenCon, and too many cons in one year would send a girl to the poorhouse. :<

There are several boarders from AZ, CO, etc. I myself am from Texas, as are several others (aoife, Mandy, jaeherys, Lacy, and others). However, the area is pretty big... not sure that a common meeting area can be found. Where are you specifically? Maybe there's a more local group.

There are a handful of us in AZ. I'm in Flagstaff and there are a few others kicking around the Phoenix area. We meet occasionally, but not regularly. Last year we had a decent sized meet-up when George was the guest of honor at local con.

Indeed, there are a few of us here in Phoenix. We've had the odd meet or two, depending on what's happening. Last year GRRM came to Lepercon in Mesa, and good times were had by most. For the AGOT premiere, we had some people over my house in Tempe. Just check back here now and again for any events, and I'll add you to the list of probables next time we hold something.

*waves* nice to meet you, Emily!

• 1 month later...

we're playing the GoT board game (with Storm of Swords expansion pack) today at my place in Tempe. One of us is familiar with the rules, so this time we can avoid the four hour learning curve. I'd be delighted to have a couple more join, what say you Torm/ Watcher/ anyone else who might be in town?

okay so we've sussed out the rules and expansion rules pretty well, and would be down for playing the game on a Sunday or Saturday if anyone's down. We have a standing three, but could use an extra few to represent the other Great Houses in order to make it more interesting. My place is pretty neat, by the way, and typically we'll barbecue something to fuel up during game time.

Archived