[ADWD SPOILERS] Jon 7

Xray the Enforcer

On another point, who do you think the girl in grey on a dying horse, fleeing from her marriage is? Obviously it is not Arya, and I don't think it is Jeanne Poole either. That leaves Asha Greyjoy or Brienne of Tarth, but the marraige part does not fit in case of Brienne, and Asha's chapter gave the indication that she broke her leg and is captured by Stannis' army.

I think it's Asha Greyjoy... The "grey girl" and "running from her marriage" both fit, and she is furthest north.... I might be wrong, but I thought the vision was originally described as "a girl as grey as ash", which supports [ash]a [grey]joy even more so.

I'm starting to think Asha Greyjoy is the girl in grey on a dying horse, fleeing from her marriage. But it's not her marriage ofcourse, and Mel interpreted her fires wrongly.

Oh, and Jon, what the fuck are you going to do with those corpses? Make them turn into wights to observe them?

• 4 weeks later...

Jon's chapters are just completely useless without Mel or Stannis around, I'm sorry to say. If I have to read how he recruits wildlings one more time I'm gonna claw my eyes out or something. It's obvious that GRRM is just stalling with Jon until Stannis and/or Mance come back.

• 3 months later...

Stannis is going to die isn't he... you can just tell by how things seem to be going so well for him at the moment :(

I really hope this doesn't happen. I want nothing more than him to go and beat the Boltons in battle but I just don't see how he can possibly come out on top unless he gets a lot more help than he currently has

• 4 weeks later...

I am scared for Jon as well. He is changing things up at the Wall. I even noticed that..he has a soft spot for them. I just can't take Jon dead. I think I will probably truly mourn. I too like Stannis, always. I really hope he doesn't die. But I have a bad feeling. The Boltons are truly scary. Ramsay is just sick but Roose he's something different, a quiet evil.

I don't know if I want to say this but the chapters that are driving me crazy is Dany's chapters..she needs to stop being so "motherly" and just get grimey like she did in Astapor. I want her on her dragons already.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So I learned something quite interesting from this chapter, something I kinda believed earlier, but Jon just confirmed it for me...

"We understand little of the wights and less about the Others."

To y'all who read this chapter, what do YOU think of this?

We understand very very little. What are the conditions that an Other needs to make a corpse into a wight? Do they need eye contact? Do they need to simply think of a place and then the corpses turn into wights? Is necessary that the corpse died north of the wall? Is it necessary that the corpse remains north of the wall?

Where are the ice cells? north or south of the wall?

Archived