Lady Stoneheart (spoilers)

Don't_call_me_Ser

So, i just want to check my understanding of something is correct. "lady soneheart" is Lady Stark, who has been brought back to life by the Red Priest guy, thanks to magic coming back into the world.

Beric Dondarrion isn't with us now though as the red priest can only keep one of these undead going at a time?

She hangs Briene at the end as she believes that the tarth chick has betrayed her by working for/with the Lannisters? Plus now she can talk, so seemingly she's getting better, so to speak?

Is this right or did i miss/invent something? Plus, this band of guys she's leading is the former brotherhood of the hollow hill yeah? Tom o'seven is their man on the inside with the Freys?

Don't know why they brought her back, its like everything she does or happens to her is meant to piss the reader off, why kill Beric and revive Catelyn? she caused the entire war and lost it at the same time, lol. And why the hell are the BwB following her, shes a scornful bitch who bases her decisions on unreasonable feelings and emotions, she shoulda just stayed dead..

So, i just want to check my understanding of something is correct. "lady soneheart" is Lady Stark, who has been brought back to life by the Red Priest guy, thanks to magic coming back into the world.

Beric Dondarrion isn't with us now though as the red priest can only keep one of these undead going at a time?

She hangs Briene at the end as she believes that the tarth chick has betrayed her by working for/with the Lannisters? Plus now she can talk, so seemingly she's getting better, so to speak?

Is this right or did i miss/invent something? Plus, this band of guys she's leading is the former brotherhood of the hollow hill yeah? Tom o'seven is their man on the inside with the Freys?

If I remember correctly, Thoros couldn't bring her back because she'd been dead too long, but Dondarrion gave up his life so her's could be restored.

Her ability to talk isn't great, so I don't think she's getting better so to speak, but maybe dealing with her limitations?

Yeah, Tom O'Sevens is working with them.

If I remember correctly, Thoros couldn't bring her back because she'd been dead too long, but Dondarrion gave up his life so her's could be restored.

Her ability to talk isn't great, so I don't think she's getting better so to speak, but maybe dealing with her limitations?

Yeah, Tom O'Sevens is working with them.

This is mostly correct, IIRC Thoros WOULDN'T bring her back because she had been dead too long but Beric gave her the "kiss" like Thoros had done to him several times (idk if he knew he would give up his own un-life in doing so). I think the OP might have been making a jab at Catelyn saying that she she is getting better because she can no longer speak, but I am not the OP, so I can not say.

I don't know why there are so many Catelyn haters!! While I didn't love her as a character, I found her POV chapters really interesting. especially in ASoS, they were my favorite.. I agree though that lady Stoneheart is mean and rather disgusting and is spoiling the person that Catelyn was... what she did to Brienne, after all the latter has been through...and lord Beric was cool

Don't know why they brought her back, its like everything she does or happens to her is meant to piss the reader off, why kill Beric and revive Catelyn? she caused the entire war and lost it at the same time, lol. And why the hell are the BwB following her, shes a scornful bitch who bases her decisions on unreasonable feelings and emotions, she shoulda just stayed dead..

lol. Classic. Agreed.

I pretty much agree with you on all points. 90% of the bad things that happen to the Starks are her fault.

I don't know why there are so many Catelyn haters!! While I didn't love her as a character, I found her POV chapters really interesting. especially in ASoS, they were my favorite.. I agree though that lady Stoneheart is mean and rather disgusting and is spoiling the person that Catelyn was... what she did to Brienne, after all the latter has been through...and lord Beric was cool

I agree; Catelyn made some decisions that were bad (just like many others), and got horribly unlucky with the consequences, and was, for the most part, manipulated into other decisions/made them from ignorance of the complete situation (you can't expect her to really know everything). From her PoV, she was just really unlucky, especially given how far-reaching the consequences ended up.

As for Lady Stoneheart, she is a half-decayed corpse (which can't exactly feel good, especially the cut throat), who just witnesses what she believed was the last of everything she loved torn to ribbons. She believes she just had everything taken from her, so when she is given a second chance in a rotting body with an attached bandit group, she breaks down like most people who just watched their family be brutally murdered one by one, and is consumed by hatred. Its all she has left, which doesn't excuse her, but rather explains her. However, I am 100% okay her with her Frey-slaughtering habits.

I agree; Catelyn made some decisions that were bad (just like many others), and got horribly unlucky with the consequences, and was, for the most part, manipulated into other decisions/made them from ignorance of the complete situation (you can't expect her to really know everything). From her PoV, she was just really unlucky, especially given how far-reaching the consequences ended up.

As for Lady Stoneheart, she is a half-decayed corpse (which can't exactly feel good, especially the cut throat), who just witnesses what she believed was the last of everything she loved torn to ribbons. She believes she just had everything taken from her, so when she is given a second chance in a rotting body with an attached bandit group, she breaks down like most people who just watched their family be brutally murdered one by one, and is consumed by hatred. Its all she has left, which doesn't excuse her, but rather explains her. However, I am 100% okay her with her Frey-slaughtering habits.

I like Catelyn as well. She differs from a lot of the characters as far as her motivations go. Even though she makes mistakes, they come from a place of pure motherly love and desperation to reunite her brood, at least at first. Then as her efforts continually fail and cause more problems for her family, she begins to be driven by vengeance. This transformation culminates with Lady Stoneheart, a monster with nothing left but hate. I'm still rooting for her though, there are enough Freys to fill at least 7 hells.

I like Catelyn as well. She differs from a lot of the characters as far as her motivations go. Even though she makes mistakes, they come from a place of pure motherly love and desperation to reunite her brood, at least at first. Then as her efforts continually fail and cause more problems for her family, she begins to be driven by vengeance. This transformation culminates with Lady Stoneheart, a monster with nothing left but hate. I'm still rooting for her though, there are enough Freys to fill at least 7 hells.

For the most part, I have a love/hate opinion of Catelyn Stark. I don't hate her like Sansa but I like her second least of the family. I hate her for how she treats John Snow and her rash decision making when in came to snatching up Tyrion and getting in bed with the weasle family. And, when you re-read it, the wedding at the Twins had bad idea smeared all over it like butter. But her reinvention and reanimation as Lady Stoneheart is an interesting twist. I'm curious to see more of the angry zombie lady in action. But I do ask one question, why follow her?

For the most part, I have a love/hate opinion of Catelyn Stark. I don't hate her like Sansa but I like her second least of the family. I hate her for how she treats John Snow and her rash decision making when in came to snatching up Tyrion and getting in bed with the weasle family. And, when you re-read it, the wedding at the Twins had bad idea smeared all over it like butter. But her reinvention and reanimation as Lady Stoneheart is an interesting twist. I'm curious to see more of the angry zombie lady in action. But I do ask one question, why follow her?

Maybe I'm low-brow but "angry zombie lady in action" is enough to keep me following. :laugh:

Archived