[ADWD Spoilers] Domeric Bolton

@ Greyjoy Rebellion:

well, i think tywin is a very bad person... but roose bolton is way worse. First, Tywin was not a serial raper. Second, we know he loved his wife, he felt pride fo the name of his house, he was full of rage... shortly, we know he HAS feelings. Roose doesn't, which is why he's scary. He doesn't give a shit about "his legacy" or about the future of his house after him. He knows his son is a monster, and he doesn't care. he know his bastard killed his heir, for god's sake. and. he. doesn't. give. a. crap.

I can't believe i'm defending Tywin Lannister, but he's a better person than roose'll ever be.

where is it mentioned that roose bolton was a serial rapist? as far as we know, he only raped ramsay's mother. if anyone was a serial rapist, it would be ramsay.

where is it mentioned that roose bolton was a serial rapist? as far as we know, he only raped ramsay's mother. if anyone was a serial rapist, it would be ramsay.

Well in Reek/Theon III Roose tells theon that he and his predecessors hold to the right of the first night.

It may be of course that some of the women who he sleeps with when he exercises his right are willing, maybe even honoured, but it seems fair to think that others will be deeply humiliated to be treated as a chattel and very unwilling - those cases will be rapes. Since we know that Roose is keen to uphold his right of the first night it's reasonable to claim that he is a serial rapist.

• 10 months later...

Exactly how old was Domeric? He's old enough to be a page and squire, which from all I've gathered takes place around age 10, so it seems most likely that he was around 17 by the time he died, placing his birth sometime before the Rebellion.

But there's some opinions that he's older than that. Anyone have any concrete evidence as to what his age was?

• 5 months later...

The Lord of the Dreadfort is a very shrewd and calculating man. I believe he killed Domeric as part of the game of thrones.

I believe he did kill his trueborn son and there was method behind his madness. Domeric was also a Ryswell. Killing Domeric actually makes Roose's house stronger as it negates the influence of the Ryswells in House Bolton's politics. There is no mention of any uncles or other Boltons only Roose so in effect his house is actually very weak in this regard and open to interference from houses married into his.

Archived