2009 Asoiaf Calendar... Reasonable Price?

pangolin

Hey there,

Long time lurker/reader but never a poster. Been reading these books since a friend introduced me to Game of Thrones over 10 years ago. Loved the first three books, lukewarm about the rest.

I'm a huge craiglist and ebay lurker (I like to collect things, specifically books) and I just saw this pop up on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Song-Ice-and-Fire-Game-Thrones-Calendar-2009-LIMITED-Michael-Komarck-/270814689236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0dd037d4

Now....$400 for a calendar? Is this person crazy? The other calendars I see up there for this year are more like $30.

Exactly how rare is this calendar? I don't think I could see myself spending $400 on a calendar.

I've been looking for that one for a while. Not posted frequently, people that kept them are probably collectors. I just missed (by like two days) a set of both 2009 covers (Jon and Eddard versions) AND the 2011 calendar that went for 35 on buy it now. So no, no reason to buy that unless you just have to have it or can't wait for a better deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now....$400 for a calendar? Is this person crazy? The other calendars I see up there for this year are more like $30.

Exactly how rare is this calendar? I don't think I could see myself spending $400 on a calendar.

Prices for 2011 calendar on Amazon are $300-$1400 now. I can't tell you just how mad I am as a Nasmith fan at myself for not buying it last year. :bang: I did buy it last January from B&N, but it was lost in the post and now there's basically no chance I'll ever have the opportunity to buy it. :crying: /rant

Prices for 2011 calendar on Amazon are $300-$1400 now. I can't tell you just how mad I am as a Nasmith fan at myself for not buying it last year. :bang: I did buy it last January from B&N, but it was lost in the post and now there's basically no chance I'll ever have the opportunity to buy it. :crying: /rant

One guy's got 4 copies on eBay for $32.95 each right now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEORGE-MARTIN-SONG-ICE-FIRE-CASTLES-2011-CALENDAR-/280785657087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4160211cff

Archived