Mattyp

I don't get it. I think i've missed something but when Cersei 'gives' Qyburn a women wtf is he doing with them? It sounded like he was turning them into puppets when he gave her the lady that screwed up Bronn's assassination.

So to all you more knowledgeable people out there - what is his game?

Things we know about Qyburn:

1. He sought to become the greatest healer in the world, through mastering death

2. He was expelled from the Citadel for experimenting on living patients

3. He was entrusted with saving Gregor Clegane from the Viper's poison

4. He has just requested a ridiculously huge suit of armor and promised Cersei an invincible champion...

So he is Doctor Frankenstein?

Pretty much, yeah. But a great deal more unethically scary, and a bit too horrifyingly like that one old guy who was like everyone's favorite grandfather.

He's very disturbing but I do not quite know why. Although when he was first healing Jaime I thought he seemed like quite a nice guy...how wrong I was. Really curious to know what exactly he is doing though. I imagine he is trying to bring Gregor back to life...?

I thought he was into torture and she was giving him people for that purpose. But now I see I was totally off the mark, thanks for starting this thread! Every time I start to feel sorry for Cersei she gets involved with someone like this and I realize how horrible she really is.

I thought he was into torture and she was giving him people for that purpose. But now I see I was totally off the mark, thanks for starting this thread! Every time I start to feel sorry for Cersei she gets involved with someone like this and I realize how horrible she really is.

Well, he's still into torture, but it's torture for medical research. Not that that makes it any better.

I missed the large suit of armor part until I got in to this forum. Does anyone know what chapter that was on? i would like to read it again.

Cersei VII, aka AFFC chapter 33

I'm pretty sure its necromancy that was the focus of his studies in the citadel that got him expelled. Basically this sums it all up and definitely points to necromancy. ;)

Things we know about Qyburn:

1. He sought to become the greatest healer in the world, through mastering death

2. He was expelled from the Citadel for experimenting on living patients

3. He was entrusted with saving Gregor Clegane from the Viper's poison

4. He has just requested a ridiculously huge suit of armor and promised Cersei an invincible champion...

He's very disturbing but I do not quite know why. Although when he was first healing Jaime I thought he seemed like quite a nice guy...how wrong I was. Really curious to know what exactly he is doing though. I imagine he is trying to bring Gregor back to life...?

Say, I wonder if he could make Jaimie a functional hand.

I'm glad that his intentions are so vague and that I haven't just missed them! Anyone else getting Zombie Gregor battle warrior vibe though?

Has anyone read ADWD that can confirm if we learn anymore of Qyburn in the book?

Not much, but if you like torturing characters you're still be in a treat .

• 4 weeks later...

A)

Spoiler
We don't know that Ser Gregor actually died (and came back) only that (it would seem) as he was dying Qyburn's procedures turned him into something obedient without the usual biological needs.

B)

We also know that Qyburn knew 'Marwyn the Mage' from the Citadel, and seems to have a great deal of respect for him. Marwyn the Mage also had dealings with the pseudo-necromantic Lazhareen Mirri Maz Duur that tended Khal Drogo, saving him as a shell.

I'm glad that his intentions are so vague and that I haven't just missed them! Anyone else getting Zombie Gregor battle warrior vibe though?

Has anyone read ADWD that can confirm if we learn anymore of Qyburn in the book?

In ADWD, the only thing we know is that his 8-foot invincible champion is ready. The said champion is also...

not eating nor drinking, and he doesn't relieve himself, as observed by his fellow Kingsguard members. The description of Qyburn's champion sounds like Gregor Clegane (height and body). Qyburn was practicing vivisection which was one of the grounds for his expulsion as a maester. Remember that he had, at least, two female living bodies and the dying Mountain in his laboratory.

Archived