Bran

ShadowRaven

He'll probably get the ravens to squawk something relevant, like "vessel! vessel! vessel!", prior to warging into Theon. Then when Theon suddenly starts saying things he couldn't possibly know, people might think he's somehow become a vessel for the Old Gods. The Northmen will love it and Stannis's men will be completely terrified.

If Bran is smart he won't actually identify himself in this. He'll just say something like "I am one of what you call the Old Gods", which is technically true even if it's a bit misleading. That way Stannis will not dare execute Theon if he wants to retain the support of the Northmen.

I believe it would work, but I don't think Bran is smart enough to pull that one.

Will Bran be united with any other Starks? Why did Sam not tell Jon about Bran?

Well, because he promised the boy he wouldn't tell! I personally prefer the idea he'll remain in the North as Bloodraven's disciple, but if he's to return to Winterfell and his family, I think that will probably be through those subterranean caves where he is with the CotF - there are probably paths to Winterfell down there.

Bran is a kid. Chances would have been good that Jon would try to prevent him from going north of the wall, because it is definitely rather dangerous.

I agree. Also, he might have feared the news of his being alive and going north of the Wall could reach one of his enemies that could go after him to finish him off.

I agree. Also, he might have feared the news of his being alive and going north of the Wall could reach one of his enemies that could go after him to finish him off.

Actually Bran not exactly thought all that,he was mostly guided by Jojen and Coldhands all the way...

I like that Bran has special "seeing" powers but I would hate to see him be half roots and half man. Hope he makes his way back to Winterfell.

It makes me sad too,but being realistic in GRRM's writing style,i believe he will only leave the weirwood chair if the Others enter the cave and kill him...

If he takes over the weirwood chair, is that because someone always has to be there? Besides seeing past events and warging, what powers does Bloodraven currently have that makes him a significant character. Is Bloodraven controlling things that we don't know about.

By the way the Others are repelled from entering the cave,it can be possible that Bloodraven is holding their atacks to the wall at his most,but he sees he's getting weak,so Bran is trained to be the next one to prevent a massive attack to the south.

If he takes over the weirwood chair, is that because someone always has to be there? Besides seeing past events and warging, what powers does Bloodraven currently have that makes him a significant character. Is Bloodraven controlling things that we don't know about.

By the way the Others are repelled from entering the cave,it can be possible that Bloodraven is holding their atacks to the wall at his most,but he sees he's getting weak,so Bran is trained to be the next one to prevent a massive attack to the south.

That's a good theory. I really don't know if that's the case, but when I read I was under the impression it was necessary to have someone there overseeing everything. I'm hoping Martin will explain it better next book.

An interesting thing about Bloodraven...have anyone noticed his resemblance to the scandinavian mythology god Odin?

Odin sits in a throne above the human realms (if you use the maps' reference,north is above).He gave his right eye as a payment for wisdom (bloodraven also lost one eye,and now has the third eye of greenseeing).Odin's crows speak to him,and tell him everything happening around the world (Bloodraven wargs into crows and weirwoods to see the world south).At his feet,Odin has two wolves (Bloodraven has an 'apprentice' wolf,since Bran is a Stark).

Maybe some inspiration GRRM had?

An interesting thing about Bloodraven...have anyone noticed his resemblance to the scandinavian mythology god Odin?

Odin sits in a throne above the human realms (if you use the maps' reference,north is above).He gave his right eye as a payment for wisdom (bloodraven also lost one eye,and now has the third eye of greenseeing).Odin's crows speak to him,and tell him everything happening around the world (Bloodraven wargs into crows and weirwoods to see the world south).At his feet,Odin has two wolves (Bloodraven has an 'apprentice' wolf,since Bran is a Stark).

Maybe some inspiration GRRM had?

That's something interesting you pointed out here, and the kind of thing GRRM frequently does, including references from History and mythology. And this probably makes your theory stronger: Bloodraven has two wolves: Bran and Summer :laugh:

At no point have we seen the Wights prevented from entering the cave. We're told that they can't enter, but given the pantomime of how Coldhands hurried the kids there the whole scenario could be much more convincingly interpreted as the Wights guarding the cave.

At no point have we seen the Wights prevented from entering the cave. We're told that they can't enter, but given the pantomime of how Coldhands hurried the kids there the whole scenario could be much more convincingly interpreted as the Wights guarding the cave.

Guarding them from entering the cave to prevent them helping the Singers? Or guarding the cave because they're in league with the Singers? It's hard to believe they're in league wtih the Singers, because it definitely seems that they were trying to kill Bran and company.

Guarding them from entering the cave to prevent them helping the Singers? Or guarding the cave because they're in league with the Singers? It's hard to believe they're in league wtih the Singers, because it definitely seems that they were trying to kill Bran and company.

Guarding the cave from anything trying to enter. All that Leaf and Coldhands did was distract the "guard dogs" long enough for the kids to pass.

Archived