It would be great to see the official rules of Cyvasse.

Kantor

From ADwD, it sounds like Chess (or one of the Indian/Chinese variants) with a "no-rush" period where each player gets to assemble his pieces in secret before crossing the median

yes - i guess in the beginning there is a curtain in the middle of the board, so they don't see each other's opening variatons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have played a similar game called Feudal. You would set up your units (pikemen, archers, knights, King and I can't remember what else) behind a screen and reveal to begin the game. There were also terrain features like mountains to contend with. Has anyone else out there played this?

• 3 weeks later...

I have played a similar game called Feudal. You would set up your units (pikemen, archers, knights, King and I can't remember what else) behind a screen and reveal to begin the game. There were also terrain features like mountains to contend with. Has anyone else out there played this?

This what you're talking about? http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/847/feudal

It sounds awesome. I've played Lionheart which has similar rules but no terrain pieces. Lionheart is immediately what I thought of the first time I read about Cyvasse especially the divider in the beginning when setting up your army.

Archived