The Just Starting Blues

Arya_Stark666

I was disappointed at first but once I got past the Areo Hotah chapter (which is like the second or third chapter if I remember correctly) it wasn't that bad. I'm not looking forward to the other Greyjoy or Dornish characters though.

That's too bad. I loved finally being able to have Dorne PoVs because of the different culture/mentality as well as seeing/hearing the other side of the story/history of the Seven Kingdoms.

"Kill the boy."

Feast was slow, definitely. I found it to be a tough read but it sets a lot up. It is the calm before the storm and is full of foreshadowing and subtle hints that you won't realize until later. It's kind of like a read now, enjoy later thing.

I have to admit that I found 'Feast' something of a slog when I read it the first time. However, my (slower) re-read of the whole series has me thinking differently. It's been a revelation..there's so much 'information' in AFfC that I wonder now how I missed it all initially! It's a bloody good book and should not be dismissed.

Brienne's story may seem like utter shit but there is some great meaning (and what is believed to be major foreshadowing) in it. I loved reading about the Ironborn. Dorne we did not learn much about, but Arianne is a great character that I wish we got more of in Feast.

Archived