Who is Ice and who is fire

The Roaring Bear

I don't remember it exactly, but didn't someone in Dany's vision in the House of the Undying say something like "his is the song of ice and fire" while holding a baby. I know a lot of people speculated that baby was Jon and it would kind of fit if Rhaegar (fire) and Lyanna (ice) are really his parents.

It has been a while since I have read this part, but didn't he mention that the baby's name was Aegon?

(MASSIVE SPOILER) (ADwD)

So wouldn't that mean that Aegon VI is the song of Ice and Fire?

It has been a while since I have read this part, but didn't he mention that the baby's name was Aegon?

(MASSIVE SPOILER) (ADwD)

So wouldn't that mean that Aegon VI is the song of Ice and Fire?

You're right. I just found the passage:

Viserys, was her first thought the next time she paused, but a second glance told her otherwise. The man had her brother’s hair, but he was taller, and his eyes were a dark indigo rather than lilac. “Aegon,” he said to a woman nursing a newborn babe in a great wooden bed. “What better name for a king?”

“Will you make a song for him?” the woman asked.

“He has a song,” the man replied. “He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.” He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany’s, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door.

My bad.

I don't remember it exactly, but didn't someone in Dany's vision in the House of the Undying say something like "his is the song of ice and fire" while holding a baby. I know a lot of people speculated that baby was Jon and it would kind of fit if Rhaegar (fire) and Lyanna (ice) are really his parents.

The baby Dany saw was Aegon. But yeah, Jon would be both ice and fire.

Archived