Blackwater, the Hedge Knight, and More

Westeros

Brazilian media website POP has an interview with Vince Gerardis, founder of Grok! Studio and a co-producer on Game of Thrones who helped bring GRRM and Benioff & Weiss together, while he visits the Campus Party technology and media exhibition. There’s some fascinating bits of material. It’s in Brazilian, but with my Spanish and the help of Google Translate, here’s some of the highlights:read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Very interesting take from a producer's point of view, seeing the situation from behind the scenes. I would honestly be okay with them beginning to make shorter seasons if they did it for both the production reasons and to keep a constant interest with the audience. Of course, many people will abhor the idea because the kids will age far too much over the time but it's not an issue to me.

The most interesting part is definitely the considered adaptations of Dunk & Egg. I have said that I want to see them yet I don't think that within HBO's schedule they could ever fit, but this guy has the right idea about it. I'll take back what I said when thinking from his point of view and go as far as to say that I approve!

I would LOVE to see a Dunk & Egg project. I think those stories lend themselves much better to TV/Cinema, the pacing and content level is perfect for a "mini-series".

I don't know what else to expect with certain scenes, things have to get cut for TV (thats what makes books so good!), sobviously things aren't going to be direct translations from the book but so far they've done a pretty good job. I heard GRRM say he was dissapointed in Season1 with the "Hands Tourney", and yeah it was a little underwelming on TV but I guess they hit the important parts.

Archived