Children of the Forest

Scott Yates

Im near the beginning of Feast, so forgive me if this is addressed in later chapters. Do you guys think that at some point the children will make an appearance in the books? I can see how their knowledge of ancient magic and The Others could be very useful to the Watch. Also, that would be a hell of a moment to read. Perhaps Bran could discover him on his mystical journey. That storyline would fit into his POV nicely ,IMO. Thoughts?

[edited for spelling]

just started in aFfC now too (am at the first sam chapter) so haven't read anything about the children appearing yet. Although I don't think it's completely impossable for Coldhands to be somewhat related to them, like how he is most likely going to teach Bran in his magic and riding a great elk like the children did.

I think such a direct question about what might happen in the future is hard to answer on this forum.

People who are at the start of AFFC, just like you, don't know. Their guess is as good as your guess. Unless GRRM has put some very strong suggestions in his books earlier. (Which I don't think is the case, btw).

People who are further in AFFC, or have read ADWD might know more. But if they know more, and answer your question, then it is a spoiler.

Again, I've got two chapters left of aFFC and as of yet there's not even been a mention of them. Remember that Jon doesn't even turn up in this book, so what happens north of the wall, stays north of the wall. I wouldn't be lying if I said I didn't want them to turn up. I'm really intrigued by them, I just imagine fairys or elfs. Surely, GRRM wouldn't go down that route though?!

On the Coldhands front. I always thought of him as a wight. But, he could lead Bran to members of the CoF I suppose! Gryz is right, if you really want to know, you'd best ask on another forum, DwD or tWOW. Good luck!

Ok well i guess ill just be a little more patient than :) don't want to do near those forums couse the chance of spoiling by the topic names is just too great a risk :P am currently burning through aFfC and getting DwD on the start of April but i am excited to know more ^^

So im on the right track according to Coldhands? just a simple yes or no will suffice :P

Alright, a simple yes or no:

Yes, you are on the right track according to Coldhands.

• 5 months later...

Archived