Arya

Hodorific

• 2 months later...

I can't remember where, but I read someone was worried that Arya would be hired through the Faceless Men to kill someone she knows, or possibly loves. So if that were to happen, it would be a really good scenario for her to quit and return to Westeros, since denying that job would prove that she has nothing else to do with the FM, she has always been Arya Stark of Winterfell. She is one of my most beloved characters, so if she dies, a part of me will die. I don't see an ending for her that would satisfy me, anyway. But I trust George, for now.

She will not inherit the Dreadfort, that's not how that works, she has no children from Ramsay, also the marriage is null. She doesn't have to actually become "no one", she just has to be able to lie about it. Like when she figured out the kindly man was striking her, she saw through the cat because she's a warg, she didn't really figure it out with ears like he wanted her to..

Which makes her the only Stark besides Bran to activly warg anpother animal as far as I can recall and not not dream stuff. I think that is the key to both her rising fast (no 5 year gap) and keeping an identity not No One. She has no Widling mentor to impose any moral limits on her warging and given her willinglesss to kill and no particualr reson to care anymore after the kind of things she has seen proving laws and vows don't matter. If she really comes to understand what happoned with the cat I think she would use her warging on people or animals to adjust the odds so she is not anymore the skinny girl being taken advantage of with the same casual functinalism that saw her kill the guard. That will push her I think into the dark grey at least just that much more.

Archived