Ok, maybe you're right about the whole keeping up a lie thing... but when you say "They're little kids, how loyal could they be?" I respond with "They're little kids. How dangerous could they be?" These ahem "little kids" cut a grown man to shreds with daggers on Varys' orders, and also constantly spy for him. Surely if his little birds weren't loyal, then, after more than 20 years of spying, if they were so easily interrogated or bribed (being only "little kids") then surely Varys' reputation as an elusive, mysterious, powerful spymaster "Spider" would be null. Your argument is flawed.

Ok, maybe you're right about the whole keeping up a lie thing... but when you say "They're little kids, how loyal could they be?" I respond with "They're little kids. How dangerous could they be?" These ahem "little kids" cut a grown man to shreds with daggers on Varys' orders, and also constantly spy for him. Surely if his little birds weren't loyal, then, after more than 20 years of spying, if they were so easily interrogated or bribed (being only "little kids") then surely Varys' reputation as an elusive, mysterious, powerful spymaster "Spider" would be null. Your argument is flawed.

They wouldn't be very dangerous as long as Varys never let any one little bird have too much information and there is some sort of medium that allows the little birds to not be traced back to Varys. We see Varys in many disguises, so it is possible that the little birds don't know his identity at all and couldn't harm the Spider's reputation.

Of course, this is all speculation based on my belief that Aegon is fake, Varys is lying to a dead man and the idea that Varys doesn't need the little bird's help to kill Kevan.

Ah Aegon being not only Blackfyre but Targ through Aerion Brightflame is brilliant, and it makes the lie about him so much more elegant, since he IS in fact a Blackfyre (and the contract writ in blood is ok:ed) but he is also a Targaryen, in a sense.

So this means Aegon is both real, and fake in a way. He is a Blackfyre, but he is also a Targaryen. Just not the *right* Targaryen.

This seems right to me. There are too many clues about Egg's troublesome brother. And there are a lot of Targs from various branches of Targs all over the known world. Brightflame making common cause with his Blackfyre cousins would not be a surprise. Neither would it be a surprise that he had a son who became a Masters of Whispers and a daughter who married that son's comrade in arms.

They wouldn't be very dangerous as long as Varys never let any one little bird have too much information and there is some sort of medium that allows the little birds to not be traced back to Varys. We see various in many disguises, so it is possible that the little birds don't know his identity at all and couldn't harm the Spider's reputation.

first off all get your hands on one, second they are mute, and third I think they retire to illyrio's manse

Archived