Jamie and Tyrion?

WinterfellWoman

Oh.. and FWIW, I found Dontos creppy.

I know, right? The whole bit with him and Sansa I was yelling (internally) "WTF are you THINKING Sansa?! This is a creepy, old, drunk guy! YOU CANNOT TRUST HIM!" Everytime Sansa called him her "Florian" I threw up a little. I kept waiting to find out that he was really Cersei's pet, and do something horrid to her. I was relieved when he managed to get her to Littlefinger in one piece, and I was even more relieved when Littlefinger killed him. That guy could not be trusted.

Wait, refresh my memory guys. Jaime DID play a part in arranging the whore as Tyrion's 'wife', right?

First of all, if you haven't read Tyrion's final chaper is SoS, don't read this:

No, the whole thing really was a coincidence as Tyrion originally believed. She wasn't even really a whore. She was just a crofter's daughter that Jamie and Tyrion happened upon in a moment of distress. Then, when Tywin found out, it was made out as if the whole thing was arranged and Jamie played along with that version because he didn't want to go against his father.

I know, right? The whole bit with him and Sansa I was yelling (internally) "WTF are you THINKING Sansa?! This is a creepy, old, drunk guy! YOU CANNOT TRUST HIM!" Everytime Sansa called him her "Florian" I threw up a little. I kept waiting to find out that he was really Cersei's pet, and do something horrid to her. I was relieved when he managed to get her to Littlefinger in one piece, and I was even more relieved when Littlefinger killed him. That guy could not be trusted.

Dontos was gross, and just a complete and utter baffoon. I hated that Sansa kept trusting him, and calling him her "Florian." Though, I have to say part of me was a little sad that she had to be woken up to real life the way she was. It was like "Sorry, the whole life is like a song will never exist BAM here's REAL life and it SUCKS!"

Back to Jamie and Tyrion though. My main concern is that I hope they learn to forgive each other. Tyrion's hurt by Jamie's actions, and Jamie was hurt by Tyrion's words (The part about Cersei) even if he doesn't want to admit it. The fact is that Jamie was almost one of the few people who liked, got along with, trusted, and cared about Tyrion's well being. It would be a shame if it was ruined forever. Sad.

Back to Jamie and Tyrion though. My main concern is that I hope they learn to forgive each other. Tyrion's hurt by Jamie's actions, and Jamie was hurt by Tyrion's words (The part about Cersei) even if he doesn't want to admit it. The fact is that Jamie was almost one of the few people who liked, got along with, trusted, and cared about Tyrion's well being. It would be a shame if it was ruined forever. Sad.

Same here. Like I've mentioned before, the scene had a sense of finality for me, but I still remain ridiculously optimistic that they'll work it out. I'm kind of curious to see where GRRM goes with this.

Same here. Like I've mentioned before, the scene had a sense of finality for me, but I still remain ridiculously optimistic that they'll work it out. I'm kind of curious to see where GRRM goes with this.

I'm curious too, and I completely agree with what you say where it feels like it had a sense of finality. :bawl: I'm also optimistic because really though... who else do they have, but each other? I don't think anyone else understands the other like those two understand each other. Everyone else sees Jamie in one way, or how he used to be before. Also, in turn, everyone has this view of Tyrion, but only the brothers know and look at each other in a way different from the way the rest of the world sees them. IT CAN'T BE OOOOVERRRRRR....

I'm curious too, and I completely agree with what you say where it feels like it had a sense of finality. :bawl: I'm also optimistic because really though... who else do they have, but each other? I don't think anyone else understands the other like those two understand each other. Everyone else sees Jamie in one way, or how he used to be before. Also, in turn, everyone has this view of Tyrion, but only the brothers know and look at each other in a way different from the way the rest of the world sees them. IT CAN'T BE OOOOVERRRRRR....

I don't think it's over, either. Jaime's and Tyrion's chapters often have them thinking about the other (Jaime when he's lacking for smarts and Tyrion when he needs a little braun). I hope GRRM wouldn't be teasing us to have it end without a reconciliation (or at least another meeting). It's the same reason I'm confident (hopeful?) that Jon and Arya will meet again. Is there another thread about this?

I don't think it's over, either. Jaime's and Tyrion's chapters often have them thinking about the other (Jaime when he's lacking for smarts and Tyrion when he needs a little braun). I hope GRRM wouldn't be teasing us to have it end without a reconciliation (or at least another meeting). It's the same reason I'm confident (hopeful?) that Jon and Arya will meet again. Is there another thread about this?

There should be because I adore Jon and Arya's relationship as much as I enjoy Jamie and Tyrion's. If there's not, well I'm hopeful that they will meet again too, but at the same time this blasted series has taught me not to hope very much because a lot of times I end up quite disappointed. No, not disappointed, more upset.

Archived