Who will end up together?

Lady Hodor

Ok, so true romance is a rare thing in ASOIAF.

But there are the rare flashes of it in some places.

1) Arya and Gendry

2) Jaime and Brienne (Or Cersei)

3) Tyrion and Penny (Or Tysha)

4) Dany and Jorah (Or Daario)

5) Asha and Qarl

What are the chances that these people might actually be together in the end?

Arya and Gendry, for definite :wub:

As for the rest, I couldn't give a flying fuck. Except for maybe Sam and Gilly, they deserve a happy ending. But yeah I agree with Chalais - if this all turns out hunky-dory with everyone married and in love and happy ever after, I will.. I will.. well I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be pretty!

If GRRM goes the Eric Flint route and has everyone get married by the end I swear I will hurl.

Lol, besides the marriage of the potential King and Queen I doubt anyone gets married. Doesn't fit his style, but be that new alliances will be formed by the stories ends and marriages are political bondages then there maybe a fare amount of marriages in the final two books.

It's going to be a bittersweet ending. The last war ended with everyone who wasn't dead marrying each other to forge alliances, so that's likely what'll happen here. In other words, relationships we've grown so fond of won't happen and highborn ladies will be sent off to live with lordlings they've never met, perhaps never even heard of.

Well, out of the ones listed in the OP, I honestly can't see any of them lasting beyond the end of the series. Maybe Arya and Gendry, but their "romance" was definitely more of a psuedo-platonic one, at least from Arya's side (at best her feelings were little more than "stirrings" I would say, and she certainly doesn't seem to recognize them for what they are). I'm also skeptical of those two ever even getting to see each other again, but who knows where the story will go in the next two books.

To be honest, if there are any actual romances that make it to the end of the series, then I don't think we've really seen them happen yet. Maybe Sansa and Harry? Even that's hard to imagine, considering it will almost certainly be twisted and contorted by Littlefinger's scheming.

EDIT: Actually, I could see Sam and Gilly making it out to the end. Gilly seems to be safe for now, and Sam's one of the few major characters I'd bet on probably being still alive by the last book.

Ok, so true romance is a rare thing in ASOIAF.

But there are the rare flashes of it in some places.

1) Arya and Gendry

2) Jaime and Brienne (Or Cersei)

3) Tyrion and Penny (Or Tysha)

4) Dany and Jorah (Or Daario)

5) Asha and Qarl

What are the chances that these people might actually be together in the end?

1) Arya and Gendry Not sure here. I thought of Gendry more as a replacement for Donal Noye on the Wall. He was supposed to be on his way there.

2) Jaime and Brienne They are soul mates, shaping and healing each other into better people.

3) Tyrion and Tysha I think Penny was just a way to get him out of dark dark funk and back to treating people with justice and humor. It would be so

cool if he found Tysha.

4) Dany and Jorah No, I think he will die in the battle against the Others if not sooner. I do think he'll get the sword back.

5) Asha and Qarl The Greyjoys will be stripped of their titles so she can marry Qarl. She's already pregant since she got captured before

she drank the moon tea.

Here are mine: Sandor loves Sansa and she is attracted to him as well.

Ashara and Selmy.

I hope Arya at least makes it back to Westeros, there has to be a good reason she is learning all this stuff in Bravos, I truly cant wait to find out! As for her and Gendry hooking up? I dont know, he is obviously important in some way since he keeps cropping up and he is Roberts oldest baseborn son, but that couldnt make him king?! Ice and Fire...Stark and Targaryen...my guess is "young Griff" and Arya or Jon and Dany ( if he lives)!!!

Archived