Ratings Climb a Notch

Westeros

Does anyone know when the ratings for this weeks episode 9, Blackwater, will be released? Im curious to see if the ratings will rise after this episode.

Tomorrow (i.e., 29th of May) morning.

So much for Dany’s strange, metaphorical visions of the future and the past at the House of the Undying.

Damn! I’d really been looking forward to those, even more than anything else this season. I knew that they’d do flaming loud explosions just fine for the Battle of the Blackwater, but I couldn’t wait to see the almost limitless possibilities presented by the House of the Undying.

Awfully hard to understand why they would spare no expense on the superfreaky Smokebaby Baratheon bastard only to turn around and strip out the strange and metaphorical elements from Dany’s plot-zenith this season. It’s just people-shots for goodness’ sake. They can’t use the “CGI is too expensive” dodge this time around.

I've half-expected they would take this route ever since they took the decision to eliminate Ned's dream about the Tower of Joy confrontation from the first season.

Dany's visions in the book are vague and written in a way that you can easily miss the symbolism and foreshadowing. On the screen, this would be a different story? How else will a visual audience perceive a dead man, perched on a throne with a wolf's head and a crown? The show runners do not want to give an advanced warning of what is to come. Many of Dany's visions are of that nature.

I'm just as disappointed, and still hope to be pleasantly surprised in this last episode. But Dany's storyline has always been the weakest, being so disconnected from the rest of the saga. She'll make it up next season when she frees the cities.

I couldn't find them online yet. I figured they would have been released by now. But I'm expecting well over 4 mil, and the same for the finale.

They've been delayed until today due to Memorial Day holiday in the US. Given all the marketing and hype surrounding episode 9, I'd be surprised if the figure is lower than 4 million.

Thanks Faint, Im really looking forward to it. Maybe the episode will provide the impetus to crack the magic 4 million figure?

I couldn't find them online yet. I figured they would have been released by now. But I'm expecting well over 4 mil, and the same for the finale.

Echoing what has been said before me, due to the Memorial Day holiday in the United States, we might not get ratings for Sunday night until Wednesday (link).

That said, HBO Sunday night ratings are usually released on Tuesday mornings.

Archived