My crackpot theory about Ned Stark

houseHB

My crack pot was, as Ned was praying and they took his head his spirit entered Sansa just as she collapsed on the steps of Baelor and if his bones and Sansa ever get back to Winterfell he will be home.

Love all these books and the TV show. I find these forums helpful and entertaining. My post earlier was the first I have posted on here. I did not realize it would be made fun of by others. After all it is just an opinion.

Love all these books and the TV show. I find these forums helpful and entertaining. My post earlier was the first I have posted on here. I did not realize it would be made fun of by others. After all it is just an opinion.

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Second, don't take it personally. No one's making fun of you. As the tittle says it is a " crackpot theory " . Many people can react surprised and answer strongly, but it's not something personal. As you said, after all is just an opinion.

I actually think this is an awesome theory that could very well be correct. It blew my mind. No one addressed my supporting comment that this theory completely explains why that wildling warged into a bird but to show us that it could be done. Also, the birds otherwise have no purpose whatsoever in the execution scene. Why not have Ned look up at clouds or a pretty blue sky or a rainbow or the statue or baelor OR FREAKING ARYA?

Why is Ned looking at birds and not his daughter???????????

The OP has made a brilliant observation which may or may not be true but it's a damn good first post. People here are so quick to shoot down ideas and not give credit where it is due. If you can't bring yourself to admit in writing that someone had a good idea, at least "like" the dude's post.

(I feel like the teen movie cliche here of being the only person clapping, but this was actually a great post)

Edit: my supporting comment was addressed but just with a one liner dismissal. Just wanted to be accurate

When Ned Stark is executed he looks up and there are a flock of birds, what if Ned Stark warged into one of them. Also, I think in one of the books Jon is with the lord commander's raven and it mutters the word king what if Ned Stark's soul is alive in a raven and is trying to communicate with Jon.

I pointed out the flock of birds, and a possible "second life" before, but most people dont buy into it.

I dont know how, but I do think that Ned still has a role left to play, maybe a chapter from Bran's POV.

I think it would be awesome if GRRM were to throw a random chapter in one of the last books that says 'NED' at the top.

I pointed out the flock of birds, and a possible "second life" before, but most people dont buy into it.

Just curious as to when you pointed it out. Bc prior to the heavy focus on warging in DwD I believe, I never would have given credibility to it either, but lots of things suddenly take on different meanings when something new has been revealed. I agree that Ned (in some form) will maybe appear in a bran chapter. It would be wild to see Ned be the one to reveal R+L=J to bran who gets the word out via the weirwood email system

If I remmember correctly Bran did saw the face of Ned Stark in one three didn't?(not when he saw the past, but he really saw Ned's face in a Wierdwood, that always has a face) Maybe(surely) he is dead, but as all his children are wargs, there is the possibility that so was he, and eventualy became a "Old god" too... It would be good if Bran could talk to him in the Wierdwood "network"

Thanks Bond. I'm currently on my second reading of the books. I'm about half through Clash of Kings. Most of the theories I have read on here, I never even thought about when I was reading the first time. Like R+L=J. But after reading all the theories and just reading Game of Thrones again, I'm sold. I actually thought about the Ned theory as soon as that bird started saying "Snow, Snow." and "King". If R+L=J, and Ned is a warg, then who else would he go to but Jon Snow.

Thanks Bond. I'm currently on my second reading of the books. I'm about half through Clash of Kings. Most of the theories I have read on here, I never even thought about when I was reading the first time. Like R+L=J. But after reading all the theories and just reading Game of Thrones again, I'm sold. I actually thought about the Ned theory as soon as that bird started saying "Snow, Snow." and "King". If R+L=J, and Ned is a warg, then who else would he go to but Jon Snow.

No worries.

The haters will hate. They are off at their flat earth society now.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe, but unlikely. I'd personally love to see Ned alive somehow in some form. He was a brilliant character; honorable, just, kind and a tough and hardy person without being the cliche'd protagonist. His dream about the Tower of Joy and the role he played there really added a lot of mystique to his character.

If he's alive he will most probably be able to contact Bran.

It could be that Ned had a latent warging ability. I think that the Starks are instrumental in the battle against the Others, hence why the kids' ability to warg have been awakened.

I don't understand what does the fact that the bird said " king " have to do with Ned and Jon. Can anyone please explain it to me ?

Assuming R+L=J, and assuming Ned is warging the bird, he is trying to inform Jon of his true identity as the Targaryen heir and rightful king of westeros, since he promised Jon to talk to him about his mother the next time he saw him before he went and got his head chopped off

Archived