Favorite POV Character in Book 1 *Major Spoilers*

Lucazzy

The POV Characters are as follows:

Eddard - 15 Chapters (Storyline: Uncovering corruption in King's Landing; Investigating Jon Arryn's death)

Catelyn - 11 Chapters (Storyline: Investigating Bran's fall, bringing her to capture Tyrion and bring him to Lysa at the Eyrie)

Daenerys - 10 Chapters (Storyline: Being sold to Khal Drogo, turning from scared girl to leader, freeing from her brother's grasp)

Jon - 9 Chapters (Storyline: Joining the Night's Watch, meeting his brothers, uncovering the mysterious forces gathering beyond the Wall)

Tyrion - 9 Chapters (Storyline: Escaping Catelyn Stark's captive using his wits and meeting with his father's warcamp)

Bran - 7 Chapters (Storyline: Falling out of tower and having no memory, staying with his brother Robb in Winterfell, having nightmares about three-eyed crow)

Sansa - 6 Chapters (Storyline: Fighting with Arya, trying to get Prince Joffery to like her, trying to act like a noble lady)

Arya - 5 Chapters (Storyline: Trying to deal with being a girl despite being a tomboy, training with Syrio, surving in King's Landing alone towards the end)

So what was your favorite POV Character/Storyline from the first book?

For me, it was a tossup between Tyrion and Ned. I loved Ned as a character, and his storyline of uncovering a corrupt capital was fascinating, especially because throughout the entire book the reader watches him lose his grasp over King's Landing. Tyrion goes through a lot in this book, going to the Wall, coming back down, getting kidnapped, going to the Eyrie, escaping, meeting with his father, fighting in battle, and finally finding out that he is going to be serving as the Hand of the King after all that.

I loved both of their POVs, but Tyrion is a tad bit more exciting for me, just because his chapters made me laugh out loud plenty of times in the reading. Ned is a close number two. I also really enjoyed Jon and Catelyn. Bran's chapters were good in the start but got kind of boring later on, Arya's got more exciting towards the end of the book, Sansa's were almost all boring. Dany was good, but I didn't like how her story interrupted the flow of the plotlines I was most interested in, which were the events in the Eyrie and in King's Landing.

Discuss what your favorite POV chapters were in book 1!

Daenerys: She progresses so much as a character. Goes from a young girl under the control of her bro to a leader (of not that many people to be fair) with DRAGONS. Her story takes places in a land far away, and the Dothraki culture is so different. I guess her chapters are just more "exotic", and thus more interesting.

Ned and Tyrion would be battling for 2nd.

I'll also add the only POV chapters i didnt like were sansa's. Just too frustrating of a character...

Arya because she is her own person and doesn't conform to being a lady.

Dany because she begins as pawn for her brother and then comes into her own with Drogo.

Tyrion whose wit and humour is never ending even in the worst circumstances.

Eddard for his loyalty and his beliefs..they never changed.

I just finished the book. In terms of the actual character, Jon and Eddard are my favorite. They are good mannered and honorable, but not pushovers. The only POV character I did not like was Sansa, and I also wasn't the biggest fan of Catelyn either. I was kind of 50/50 on Tyrion. I liked him, but he kind of got annoying at times due to making quips about literally everything. I think that's how Martin wanted him to come across though, so he's a good character overall.

In terms of how interesting each of their respective chapters were, I enjoyed the chapters with Eddard, Jon and Tyrion the most.

The Daenerys chapters kind of bored me until near the end, and I wasn't very interested in any Arya chapters.

Strange, I think I liked Sansa's chapters the best, but that's probably because I finally got to understand her (watched the show first and hated her) and because she's the character that we get most "thoughts" from.

Ned's and Jon's were cool, too. Tyrion bored me because of his jests, but I loved Bronn in Tyrion's POVs, so it balances out. Dany I liked until the end and Arya wasn't interesting at all (only the Varys and Illyrio exchange was witnessed by her only).

Archived