[TV / Book Spoilers] What made you stop watching the show?

Thunderfist

With Lady Tulisa, they presented us a likable character. She's highborn but doesn't care about that. She hates slavery and war. Robb falls in love with her. On screen thats an easy way to make him seem noble.

E...Excuse me? Likeable? I'd rather she die in the next season than become a recurring character. She's probably a liar, doesn't really love Robb from the looks of things (they fell in love and married in just a few weeks? yeah right), had a wedding that for some reason wasn't Old Gods related and she's way too modern for the universe set in GoT. Typical badass girl who takes nothing from men, even those who are higher up than her. Pfft.

I'll wait until season 3 and hopefully they will develop Talisa more so she CAN be likeable, but right now I really don't like the way this story is going. =/ That's all I have to say really.

The lack of fan support from HBO. They only apparently make anything as promos. Maybe this is time to overcome my hoarding with my show watching bc if they started making more merchandise for that immersive feel I'd run out of room for my Star Trek collection

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-of-Thrones-Mouse-pad-and-Screen-Cleaner-Exclusive-Rare-promo-/221089030107?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379eedfdb#ht_500wt_901

The lack of fan support from HBO. They only apparently make anything as promos. Maybe this is time to overcome my hoarding with my show watching bc if they started making more merchandise for that immersive feel I'd run out of room for my Star Trek collection

http://www.ebay.com/...db#ht_500wt_901

You stopped watching the show because there's not a lot of merchandise??

i dont actually have a problem with CHANGES, cloaked under the argument of ADAPTATION.

first season went smoothly on that aspect.

but then season 2 came, and the changes didn't seem to have a purpose other than D&D making their own thing. Artists can get really cocky with this "making-their-own-version" of stablished things. I hate retcons.

While I understand that they kinda needed to postpone the reeds, not introducing the freys in winterfell and change theon's arc a little bit, it wasn't as bad as the butchery they did with Jaime (kinslaying??), Cat (motivation to release jaime NOT being grief out of losing bran and rickon) and Robb (I mean what the fuck is Talisa? why couldn't they just put jeyne westerling??). Dany's arc, I mean, anything is better than her chapters in acok, but some elements are missing, and the HotU prophecies wouldn't have made sense, ANY sense at all, so i'm not sure how I feel about that: bitch about it for D&D not showing dreams/prophecies, or give them a high five for how they managed to show the snow beyong the wall and stuff...

I didn't stop watching the show, I'll watch a couple of episodes of the 3rd, and if it doesnt blow my mind AND stablishes very a reasonable motive as to why change jaime and robb so much, it will be dropped.

This thread is TLDR, but I will say that this is called SOURCE material. SOURCE, not 'omg you must include everything I want you to include otherwise the show is shit'...material. Yes some of the characters have been reworked, but that's because not every character can have a 5 minute monologue explaining their feelings and their complexities at that exact moment in time. The books have depth and subtleties because there is an infinite amount of time and resources available to the imagination and for the reader. TV has deadlines, budgets and the need to not be shit. Legit the only change that has bugged me so far is the back half of Jon's story in season 2, and even then I semi get it (to introduce Ygritte, develop her as a character before season 3), however I would've preffered the Qhorin storyline to be more purposeful.

Before you complain about TV, LEARN HOW TO TV.

Archived