What is Nedbert and Grecer

Winter is cumming

Seriously, what is up with the outrage about Nedbert? The Tragic Love Story thread about them is hysterical, plus I still think Jaime hit the nail on the proverbial head when talking to Catelyn.

Some people were really mad because they thought it was serious and they didn't want anyone accusing precious Ned of being gay (the horror). And some people got mad because they thought we were making fun of them (although the "why" and "how" is not clear to me).

The amount of people taking that seriously as well as the theories themselves are absolutely hilarious. Too bad it's locked...

That was a great thread, I had tears rolling down my face the entire time it was active.

Some people were really mad because they thought it was serious and they didn't want anyone accusing precious Ned of being gay (the horror). And some people got mad because they thought we were making fun of them (although the "why" and "how" is not clear to me).

The exact phrase used to express frustration was "gay up the Ned" IIRC.

I'm not sure what the deal was. There is quite a bit of evidence behind it, certainly more than the Syrio is still alive theory and others that I keep see floating on here.

- Proud NedBert supporter.

Is it Davos/Stannis? It has plenty of fans, I mean, it's practically canon ;)

Yes, I know, and @Winter's Night just informed me that the correct name is Stavos, which is a better name, though I am still partial to Davostan.

Yes, I know, and @Winter's Night just informed me that the correct name is Stavos, which is a better name, though I am still partial to Davostan.

Well, the one sounds like a (fictional) state in the Caucasus while the other reminds me of the Swiss town of Davos, so there is that.But anyway, Team Stavos/Davostan all the way!

Well, the one sounds like a (fictional) state in the Caucasus while the other reminds me of the Swiss town of Davos, so there is that.But anyway, Team Stavos/Davostan all the way!

Rofl. "...sounds like a (fictional) state in the Caucasus" is so true. To me, Stavos sounds like a Greek shipping magnate and reads like Jon Stamos' name spelled incorrectly. Agree, though, Stavos/ Davostan all the way!!

Hmmm, no. He lied to Robert, he defied Robert and at some point he even started to despise Robert.

Despise Robert??

Please!! This is another example of unreliable narrator.

Ned WISHES he could despise Robert, but that was just jealousy talking.

Poor Ned, such an internal clash of emotions.

OMG! I just started reading the Nedbert thread! I believe! (In fact I am now fully convinced all three Baratheon brothers were/are utterly gay) :bowdown:

Well, diseases do run in a family. And that would explain Selyse's only passion, the only think she ever seems to show any interest and genuine emotion about - a hawt red-haired woman who believes in setting fire on everyone's groin. So I'm sailing the Melyse ship from now on.

Yes, the happy ending both Gregor and Cersei deserve. Finally together after his undersred death by that horrible person, the Red Viper. Her reaction to Robert Strong, "yes, oh yes", one of the most moving scenes in the series, in my opinion

For me this moment was less an expression of soppy romance, more a portrayal of pure, unrestrainable lust.

Clearly, Cersei can no longer control herself; her "Yes. Oh yes." is but a preview of what the following night will bring.

Furthermore, considering it in light of the other brilliantly written and epically scoped sex scenes that grace this series, "yes. Oh yes," is right up there with "Touch me, Ser" and "Had there ever been a woman with nipples so large or so responsive?" in terms of realism and pure classiness.

Archived