Cersei's Champion? Totes Gregor right? But whos head?

Phlat_brim_king

Yah hes gotta big dome but the facail features would look rite on an eight foot tall dude? i think the sent the right head.

As far as robert his head is almost a year old if not older. it would stank! unless its just a skull? if it is just a skull how would qyburn be able to fuse it with actual human tissue?

Also where did qyburn get the reancarnation magic?

Isn't Qyburn a former-student of Marwyn?

Ned's head.

That's disturbing.

I always thought it was a head from one of the dwarfs that was sent to Dorne (hence just a scull and not whole head preserved in tar or something similar). I remember how it was mentioned couple of time how those heads were larger than usual.UnGregor has his own head and helmet is always down because someone might recognize him and realize that wrong head was sent to Dorne.

I don't believe any theory which involves another person's head being attached to the Mountain's body, or the body being controlled without a head. It would simply be too 'unrealistic'.

I firmly believe that the skull sent to Dorne was a fake. Where it came from doesn't matter - it could be a giant's skull, an over-sized dwarf skull as some have suggested (I prefer this theory). There are other large people in Westeros (Hodor, for example) and it's not inconceivable that Qyburn would have known where to find a large skull.

There's a passage in ADWD where Cersei says something to the effect that her new champion needs 'a new face as well as a new name'. The reference to 'face' makes me think that Qyburn has done something to alter the appearance of Gregor, which may not have worked, or may require time to heal, hence why the helmet is always concealing the face. I also think his tongue/voicebox has been removed to prevent him from talking, rather than the 'vow of silence'.

We don't actually know that Gregor died from his wounds - Qyburn may have found a way to save him, possibly using some form of enchantment etc. We've seen characters reanimated before (Catelyn being the main example), and even Khal Drogo to some extent, but never where the head has been removed from the body. I think the face needs to be hidden as it would then become (even more) obvious what has happened and that would end badly for Cersei, Qyburn and (un)Gregor himself!

My own theory is that something may happen in the trial by battle which exposes the face beneath the helmet.. I'm looking forward to it.

Couldn't have Qyburn just had the helmet attached so it wouldn't fall off

It says I think in "Dance with Dragons" that his Helment is fastened at the neck. He could have no head at all or one of the Dwarves heads. We shall see.

But I do think the real deal was sent to Dorne . .. and that the head we will see will be a hybrid or we may not see any head at all.

I also think that Ser Robert Strong will be a champion of a Queen but that Queen will be Maggie Tyrell.

Things are about to get hectic.

Well i dont think they'd wanna piss of dorne by sending a fake head. i gotta believe its real, otherwise its just inviting another enemy? But we also know queen mega bitch doesnt really care about that (see iron bank) so i can totally see and am starting to believe the alt head scenario

The head that was sent to Dorne is Greatjon Umber's. It is known.

I think it was the Smalljon? The youngest Umber anyway, I forget which one was which, but he died in the Red Wedding, pretty sure by decapitation, and as far as I recall, the prisoners/dead were sent to King's Landing if not mutilated or dumped in the river. I think it's more likely that Gregor is Gregor, still alive and intact, and that Qyburn removed either his tongue or his vocal chords to stop him screaming. It happens with dogs, sadly enough, people have them operated on to silence their whining/barking. It's pretty horrible, seeing as the dogs still attempt to bark, or whine, or howl, only it's silenced. I quite like the idea of Gregor screaming in silent agony somewhere in the darkness though, and it is fittingly immoral for Qyburn.

I think it was the Smalljon? The youngest Umber anyway, I forget which one was which, but he died in the Red Wedding, pretty sure by decapitation, and as far as I recall, the prisoners/dead were sent to King's Landing if not mutilated or dumped in the river. I think it's more likely that Gregor is Gregor, still alive and intact, and that Qyburn removed either his tongue or his vocal chords to stop him screaming. It happens with dogs, sadly enough, people have them operated on to silence their whining/barking. It's pretty horrible, seeing as the dogs still attempt to bark, or whine, or howl, only it's silenced. I quite like the idea of Gregor screaming in silent agony somewhere in the darkness though, and it is fittingly immoral for Qyburn.

Last i understood Great Jon was still alive, but captive. and small jon? why would that head be important enuff? Or y would they ship it from the neck to KL?

My take:

Cersei sent the second dwarfs head she received to Dorne. Gregor still has his own head.

Why?

The skull sent to Dorne was just that, a skull stripped bare. Why not send a rotting Mountain's head?

The skull is also huge, which fits with the dwarfs-head thing.

Gregor was prone to migraines. Perhaps his skull was a bit too small for his brain, causing increased pressure in his cranial cavity.

Qyburn isn't a necromancer; he's a mad scientist. How is he going to get a zombie to work with no head? Frankenstein, not George Romero.

Last i understood Great Jon was still alive, but captive. and small jon? why would that head be important enuff? Or y would they ship it from the neck to KL?

Because the Umber's are both like seven feet tall, if not more. They have pretty large heads, definitely larger than most men. If you were to strip away the skin, either skull would probably pass for Gregor.

. I think it's more likely that Gregor is Gregor, still alive and intact, and that Qyburn removed either his tongue or his vocal chords to stop him screaming. It happens with dogs, sadly enough, people have them operated on to silence their whining/barking. It's pretty horrible, seeing as the dogs still attempt to bark, or whine, or howl, only it's silenced. I quite like the idea of Gregor screaming in silent agony somewhere in the darkness though, and it is fittingly immoral for Qyburn.

How does that explain the fact he doesn't use a privy, doesn't sleep and doesn't eat. Even the Mountain had to do that (and Qyburn is a proven necromancer, he's the Dr. Frankenstein of the series so Gregor probably was killed and reanimated)

Archived