Why Victarion Greyjoy is an atrocious Human Being

Except having the best POVs next to Arya. Wearing full plate on the ocean without care makes him a BAMF. He knows most of his opponents will not be wearing armor at sea for risk of drowning, making it much easier to take down opponents when outnumbered. A great naval tactician, he will never be. But for guerilla warfare at sea, boarding small fleets of ships and taking advantage of unarmored opponents and ships, he is the greatest.

You and I have very different tastes in POV chapters.

Sansa comes to mind.

Really? I'm pretty sure it would be inconceivable to her.

Balon, Victarion, Euron, and Aeron all are pretty clear-cut villains. Theon is the only redeemable soul a

How is Aeron a villain? An insufferable, boorish twat, yea, but villain? He doesn't rape or kill or steal or do anything other than be a religious fanatic.

How is Aeron a villain? An insufferable, boorish twat, yea, but villain? He doesn't rape or kill or steal or do anything other than be a religious fanatic.

I feel that you answered your question. Aeron is fully aware that his culture is based on preying and reaving, and he encourages it to remain that way. Nor can he be excused because "it is his culture and he doesn't know better", because he does know better. Both Asha and Baelor Blacktyde have spoken of more constructive alternatives in his presence, and he gives them no attention.

In this thread: haters.

Victarion's ex-wife had it coming. Fact.

Haha.

I got the impression Euron violated her, because Euron says the sex was consentious. If Euron says something to good ol' Vic you know it's a lie. Even Vic knows this.

So Euron rapes a salt wife (=sex slave) but the salt wife had it coming being beaten to death.

But even if Euron didn't rape the salt wife, the said salt wife doesn't have much power to do anything against it. Because she's a salt wife. Could also be she just went along because she always goes along when Vic got urges. It's not like she can go to Vic and say, "hey your asshole brother wants to pound me". Somehow I get the feeling Vic would've starting beating her to death because she got uppity and probably wouldn't believe a sex slave over his brother.

Either way the salt wife "gets what she deserves".

Err, he does have Benfred Tallhart drowned.

In a sense, yes.

From Theon, the Reader, Asha and House Blacktyde, or even that mute that Wyman Manderly met, we know of lots of evidence that the Ironborn aren't all really into pillaging and reaving. It is possible to convince them into more civilized ways of living if you can get them protected from the violent peer pressure of their current society model.

Victarion's POV chapters were the highlight of ADWD. I wholeheartedly look forward to more. Also, I want to know what the fuck happened in that room with Moqorro.

Great glory awaits Victarion Greyjoy. I bid good luck to his foes. They will need it.

errr, how many people has Arya killed? Let's not use whether or not a person has killed as a metric for villainy, especially in GRRM's world.

Well, the devil is in the details. Arya tends to have better justification for killing the people she does than Aeron did (because Tallhart was saying nasty things about the Drowned God).

I'd disagree that Aeron is a full blown villain, but he does kill people.

I disagree. I have never heard the term in the books. The best Asha can do is take a lover like Quarl or Tris.

Not even poor Tris; left aside... I like his character, hope to learn more about the Botleys.

oh look a hate thread about the most awesome character in the series

I"ll just say that you can't compare big vic's actions based on your own set of morals, because his are VERY different from yours

truth be told, had ai been Ironborn, I'd prolly do the same shit. same as you. we are products of our own environment

the sacrifices are based on religion, and ironborn supremacy. his salt wives are a normal thing in his society, and so on

oh look a hate thread about the most awesome character in the series

I"ll just say that you can't compare big vic's actions based on your own set of morals, because his are VERY different from yours

truth be told, had ai been Ironborn, I'd prolly do the same shit. same as you. we are products of our own environment

the sacrifices are based on religion, and ironborn supremacy. his salt wives are a normal thing in his society, and so on

Well said.

Archived