Does anyone else think Myrcella is already dead?

Doran doesn't seem to want any child to get hurt.The Sand Snakes seem to harvest much hatred for the Lannisters for their father's death and now with the planned assasination of Trystane, so they can arrange a similar attack to kill Myrcella,but I don't believe it will happen.I think she will return to her mother and will be Cersei's last remaining child.

• 4 months later...

Yes, I think it's likely (though not assured) that Myrcella actually died. There are some indicators for this. Among others, reread Doran's tale of the Water Gardens in ADWD. I think his tale hints at Rosamund, not Myrcella, being in the Water Gardens.

Remember Doran telling the Sand Snakes that there would be an attack on the party bringing Myrcella back home? I'm pretty sure it's not really a KL ploy, but rather Doran planning to have 'Myrcella' (i.e. Rosamund) killed once she's out of his jurisdiction so her death can't be blamed on him.

I really think we'll only know once Myrcella tries to play cyvasse and fails to do so with any success; remember that Myrcella was a great cyvasse player for her age, while Rosamund was totally uninterested in the game? I think this is going to come up again.

Also, it's convenient for Doran that Balon didn't become a King's Guard until after Myrcella had been shipped off to Dorne.

I realize this threads rather old and it may have been pointed out already, but if not....

That entire premise in the bold is pretty indisputably wrong as Cersie does very shortly think of the plot during AFFC

I realize this threads rather old and it may have been pointed out already, but if not....

That entire premise in the bold is pretty indisputably wrong as Cersie does very shortly think of the plot during AFFC

Maybe someone (Taena?) was feeding Doran false information, but I agree trying to have Trystane killed in order to blame Tyrion is exactly the kind of dumb thing Cersei would do.

I don't know, but Myrcella's friend is going to have a part to play somehow. Myrcella and her look identical only the hair is different I believe. Maybe Myrcella died, and Doran butchered the girl to make the differences hard to notice, the hair will give it away to Swann if he is smart enough.

Archived