So no Shireen?

TheWizard

I have bin re watching season 2 and some thing strikes me as odd. Twice Stannis implies he has no children. Once when Messilandre says that his wife gave him nothing but stillborns and the second during his conversation with Renly. He says Renly will become his heir if he bows. Why no Shireen? Does this imply her purpose in the story is unimportant and simply dies off since the show has disregarded her. Even if she was just not needed for screentime she would be mentioned.

Kinda of sad really Patchface would be awesome on screen

I have a bad feeling they will leave out the greyscale but i hope im wrong

Oh, I think they will leave that part in. It might not look exactly like it does in the books and might be more subtle, but I predict they won't omit it completely.

I'm relived that they kept Shireen, and I'm looking forward to some Patchface creepiness. Have they cast him? I'll have to dig around to see...

That actress is adorable! I hope the greyscale makeup isn't too much of a PITA for her.

Sadly, I don't think we can expect to see Patchface on TV. Oh, oh, oh

Looking forward to seeing Shireen on TV at last. I have a feeling her presence in the show will go some way to humanising Stannis after all of season 2's shicanery and witchcraft.

As for her looks, I'm sure they'll ugly her up a little with some Greyscale. I hope they do, it's not relevant to the story but it'll pay dividends later in the show.

Sadly, I don't think we can expect to see Patchface on TV. Oh, oh, oh

Well there's hints that he could become important later on and this is their only opportunity to cast him really. He doesn't have to have many scenes, just appear in the background being crazy so viewers will go "What the - who was that crazy guy?"

Then as we get to the Wall they can reveal some of his backstory and his creepiness will become more apparent.

Archived