The Faceless 'Men'

Myrcella

I noticed that up to Feast (since I haven't read Dance yet) the only Faceless Man you see is Jaqen, who was found in King's Landing and next in Old Town, with no apparent reason. Perhaps 'The Faceless Men' are only a guild of one assassin with many faces and names, and the rest are simply acolytes trained with knives? It carries the idea of their God nicely.

We are not quite sure it was Jaqen in Oldtown, are we? People have been known to come back from the dead.

Also, later on in the book,

Arya starts her "training" at the Temple, and I always thought that is where Faceless Men were trained. The kindly man changes face in pretty much the same way Jaqen did, and their duty seems to revolve a lot around death and giving it to people, which is what Jaqen did.

• 4 months later...

I noticed that up to Feast (since I haven't read Dance yet) the only Faceless Man you see is Jaqen, who was found in King's Landing and next in Old Town, with no apparent reason. Perhaps 'The Faceless Men' are only a guild of one assassin with many faces and names, and the rest are simply acolytes trained with knives? It carries the idea of their God nicely.

There's at least one other operating - the Ghost of High Heart dreams of "a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings." which would imply that Balon Greyjoy met his end at the hands of a Faceless Man hired by Euron.

Archived