Will Arya help in the end?

Cold-King

I'm hoping she'll leave the FM before the point of no return (losing her identity altogether). She's got Nymeria and a hoard of wolves waiting for her, and I'd love to see Arya leading her pack into battle against the Others.

I think the Kindly Man will discover that she has used her skinchanging ability to pass the "blindness test". I think the point of the blindness test is to see if the subject has excelled in using their other senses - in a sense, Arya cheated using her "magic sense". He may expel her and then she's free to move on.

I think the Kindly Man will discover that she has used her skinchanging ability to pass the "blindness test". I think the point of the blindness test is to see if the subject has excelled in using their other senses - in a sense, Arya cheated using her "magic sense". He may expel her and then she's free to move on.

the only way she would have done this is by warging into a fly or something and watching her body move around etc, but this isnt the case, the only warging she has been doing is in her dreams and even thats at the other side of westeros where clearly nymeria cant see around the house of black and white.

the only way she would have done this is by warging into a fly or something and watching her body move around etc, but this isnt the case, the only warging she has been doing is in her dreams and even thats at the other side of westeros where clearly nymeria cant see around the house of black and white.

She sees the Kindly Man approach her from behind using the stray cat.

Quote from when Arya is blind and in Pynto's Tavern -" And for a time it seemed that she could see them too, throught the slitted yellow eyes of the tomcat purring on her lap."

Quote from when Arya is still blind and passes the KM's test - "I know that you are the one who has been hitting me." Her stick flashed out, and cracked against his fingers, sending his own stick clattering to the floor.

The preist winced and snatched his hand back. "And how could a blind girl know that?"

I saw you. "I gave you three, I don't need to give you four." Maybe on the morrow she would tell him about the cat that had followed her home last night from Pynto's, the cat that was hiding in the rafters, looking down on them. Or maybe not."

She sees the Kindly Man approach her from behind using the stray cat.

Quote from when Arya is blind and in Pynto's Tavern -" And for a time it seemed that she could see them too, throught the slitted yellow eyes of the tomcat purring on her lap."

Quote from when Arya is still blind and passes the KM's test - "I know that you are the one who has been hitting me." Her stick flashed out, and cracked against his fingers, sending his own stick clattering to the floor.

The preist winced and snatched his hand back. "And how could a blind girl know that?"

I saw you. "I gave you three, I don't need to give you four." Maybe on the morrow she would tell him about the cat that had followed her home last night from Pynto's, the cat that was hiding in the rafters, looking down on them. Or maybe not."

I stand corrected, i forgot about that, a re-read is in order i think :D

I stand corrected, i forgot about that, a re-read is in order i think :D

Me too......although I've already read the books twice this year, a third time is a bit overkill......aah who am I kidding - GOT here we go again! :)

Back to topic though, the "cheating" hypothesis does give GRRM a back door to get her out of the FM. I'm not sure that they'd actually see that as a negative though - a Warg assassin would be a valuable assett!

Or she is so powerful as a warg and unique, a titled lady still, and the Northern banners are still trying to fight for her family, that they think she is a threat to them, feel intimidated because she has abilities they can't compete with, feel threatened or unsure about this, and let her go on her way.

Or she is so powerful as a warg and unique, a titled lady still, and the Northern banners are still trying to fight for her family, that they think she is a threat to them, feel intimidated because she has abilities they can't compete with, feel threatened or unsure about this, and let her go on her way.

I like that idea. She just has too much baggage! :)

Even though she keeps saying she can lose herself in her work, her identity, and be objective, there may be other things that prevent this and they realize this and don't want to risk it.

I can see them giving her her walking papers and her getting pissed, but then she hears news and doesn't mind returning to Westeros.

And she has the training and tools now to have a fighting chance of defending herself and surviving until she can meet up with people who can help her.

Even if she does become a full-on Faceless (Wo)Man, the all out war between The Others and Mankind may draw the FM into the fight and therefore Arya wouldn't necessarily need to leave them to be involved in the other character's storylines.

She may interact with them but not reveal herself to them!

The fact he's a cripple does not matter. Take Doran Martell for example, his health is very fragile but he's a amazing ruler. And the only thing that stops Bran from being the perfect northern heir is how into greenseer he is, and I also don't think it 's easier living 3EC alive. But the fact that he's " a cripple" or " too detached to really be a lord" is bullshit.

Doran Martell is also in Dorne--Northmen respect strength and honor, that's why they love the Starks. And Doran is not looked up to as a fantastic leader to unite an army behind--he uses other people as figureheads, while he moves behind the scenes.

What the North needs right now is someone who they would follow into battle, and someone who would encompass the "honorable, just, merciful but strong" Stark ideal. Arya is too cold and too extreme, Sansa is too feminine and dishonorable, Bran is too weak and too mystic.

Also, by "detached" i literally mean not really attached to the body. Bran's too much of a warg to really be a lord, imo--and that's not the direction his arc is going.

And we were introduced in the last book to the ,er, faces that are waiting to be utilized. And in general, she has been taught ways to conceal her identity, way back to Yoren, and on a more sophisticated level with the FM.

She could really go and do anything if she can disguise herself.

The sad part is would that mean she can't unite with Nymeria sooner? She walks around with a snarling she-wolf at her heels, than the deception is up. Or maybe through her warg powers she can keep Nymeria close but at bay if need be.

Maybe she will leave the FM or maybe the FM will want to kill Lady Stoneheart because she received "the gift" but left it behind, that can be considered a terrible offense to the Many Faces God or Quyburn will be discovered as a necromancer by Jaqen H'ghar by inv estigating in the Citadel (why he was on KL for first instance?) and they would bring Arya as an apprentice with them.

When arya becomes a Faceless Man in full, and im guessing she will travel back to westeros when she does, will she help out her family? I mean isnt the whole thing about FM changing your identity or is that just a part of the training so that you are able to assume an identity and seperate personality whilst deep down retaining your own personality?

She's already sort of faking it, with her treasures hidden instead of truly given up. I suspect that even if she does make it all the way through and graduates, she won't be a true FM, she'll be a normal person who has managed to get all the FM training. As such, she won't act like an FM, killing people as sacrifices, she'll knob off to pursue her own agenda, and work her way through that list of names she recites (or those people on it who are still alive anyway), and will lay the smack down on everyone who's wronged her during the first four books. In the process this will inevitably be to the benefit of the Starks and to the detriment of their enemies.

The Iron Throne owes money to the Braavosi bank. I can't remember where it was mentioned but I think when Jon talks to the Braavosi banker we learn that if the debt gets too ridiculous the Braavosi will send an assassin to solve the problem. I think Arya will use the Iron Throne's debt as a way to get back to King's Landing and wreak havoc on those in power.

Archived