[ Book Spoilers ] Theon's appereance after The DF

Keirut

• 2 weeks later...

The way second season has gone, and how they chopped off customization / details (colors, treats, etc), i'm almost positive TV Theon won't change that much. Maybe put on a fake blind eye (white lenses), you know, something small. Maybe make him limp?

Alfie is kind of a big actor, and Theon's role will extend till season 7. They won't decharacterize him with much make up.

If Tyrion's nose/scar in S2 E10 is any indication, it won't be as radical as the book. I don't think they'll bother with the missing fingers or teeth.

They may. Creating the illusion of someone having missing teeth and even fingers is incredibly easy compared to doing the same with Tyrion's nose. It wouldn't actually be that difficult at all, so I'm gonna' assume that he'll be quite worse for the wear after leaving the Dreadfort.

They may. Creating the illusion of someone having missing teeth and even fingers is incredibly easy compared to doing the same with Tyrion's nose. It wouldn't actually be that difficult at all, so I'm gonna' assume that he'll be quite worse for the wear after leaving the Dreadfort.

Yeah, with Theon they won't need CGI for most of his injuries, while Tyrion's nose would require CGI on every single scene he's in. They'll probably use CGI for some scenes to show that Theon lost some fingers and toes, but most of the time when he's showing only his face, makeup is all they need.

I don't remember seeing Davos' or Qhorin's hands at all in S2...

You can barely notice, but on every scene you can see their maimed hands, their fingers are not there. Great attention to detail from HBO. The only close-up scene in season two where you can't miss it was Davos placing some toy ships on a map.

If Tyrion's nose/scar in S2 E10 is any indication, it won't be as radical as the book. I don't think they'll bother with the missing fingers or teeth.

The messed up teeth can be done with false teeth that go over the actor's real teeth. Missing fingers seem easier to do with CGI than a missing nose, and can be covered up with gloves most of the time.

Theon's mutilations are more important, character-wise than Tyrion's. Tyrion was already no looker. Getting uglier increased his self-pity but didn't really change how people treated him. Theon goes from being the picture of health to a wreck, which completely changes the entire concept of his character.

The messed up teeth can be done with false teeth that go over the actor's real teeth. Missing fingers seem easier to do with CGI than a missing nose, and can be covered up with gloves most of the time.

Theon's mutilations are more important, character-wise than Tyrion's. Tyrion was already no looker. Getting uglier increased his self-pity but didn't really change how people treated him. Theon goes from being the picture of health to a wreck, which completely changes the entire concept of his character.

And they are not going to show Theon's missing fingers and teeth all the time, only once in a while, but they'd have to show Tyrion's missing nose in every single scene he's in, and that would be pretty expensive.

it would be better if they went all in. Make it so that we can not tell that it is Theon. Use another actor for back and body shots and put more makeup on Alife then the girls I when to high school with. then half way threw the season, full face shot. my name is reek it rhymes with freak. people who have not read the books will freak out.

I think the point of actually having Theon be in this season (and next) is to demonstrate his descent into what you see at the start of ADwD. I don't think it's realistic at all to have him be a complete psychological shell of himself as soon as he becomes imprisoned. This is a great opportunity for Alfie Allen to really demonstrate his acting chops by showing the gradual wearing down of his psyche and eventual transformation into someone who doesn't even acknowledge his own identity by the time we hit Season 5.

I think his appearance will be very similar to what we saw in S2 at least for a while. He'll also be defiant, entitled and proud for a while until later on when it starts to dawn on him that things aren't going to get any better for him.

Archived