Bran - The Winged Wolf

NitzanLeo

*btw, it occurs to me that this is my first actual post on this forum. By way of introduction, I started reading this series in 2000 some time. SoS had just come out and it took me a few months to find the first two books (I lived in Japan at the time). I found this or a forum similar to it shortly after that (perhaps a few years? It seems like I lived in TX at that time so that would be 2001-2002) and have been lurking in the background ever since. I just joined a while back so it would be easier to find my place on certain threads.

ETA: see previous post. had trouble with quoting... thus the double post.

Im of the opinion that Bran's vision before he wakes up is Bloodraven showing him what his abilities could be - basically Bloodraven holding his hand through his first 3rd eye sight - and those are things he is seeing in real time. While they may hint at future events, I think what Bran was actually seeing was similar to (apologies for jumping into semi-show stuff), just like the intro to GOT - flying up above the world and zooming into actual places.

Cat in the boat with the bloody dagger, Rodrik puking off the ship - that is happening at the same exact time Bran is waking up

Ned with Arya and Sansa, pleading with the King by the trident - that is happening at the same time

Jon going to sleep in the cold cell (dorm) of the Wall - that is happening, and Jon mentions how he was getting used to the cold, and how he was becoming a man, this is the beginning of his eventual "killing the boy" that he later takes to the next level entirely.

So, dragons stirring in the shadow in the east? Thats pretty loaded. But where is Dany at this exact time? We don't have a great marker of her time in direct relation to Westeros, except through Illyrio/Varys, and Jorah, which is going to have some serious lag times. But maybe as the dragon eggs started inching closer to Asshai with the Khalasar, they started to stir...they were gaining in heat even before Viserys died, Drogo dies, etc. Perhaps the Targaryens didnt understand the way to hatch dragon eggs with fire, or wildfire, or we don't even realize it wasn't Dany's funeral pyre, but rather their proximity to Asshai, their original birth places, that causes them to hatch.

Im of the opinion that Bran's vision before he wakes up is Bloodraven showing him what his abilities could be - basically Bloodraven holding his hand through his first 3rd eye sight - and those are things he is seeing in real time. While they may hint at future events, I think what Bran was actually seeing was similar to (apologies for jumping into semi-show stuff), just like the intro to GOT - flying up above the world and zooming into actual places.

Cat in the boat with the bloody dagger, Rodrik puking off the ship - that is happening at the same exact time Bran is waking up

Ned with Arya and Sansa, pleading with the King by the trident - that is happening at the same time

Jon going to sleep in the cold cell (dorm) of the Wall - that is happening, and Jon mentions how he was getting used to the cold, and how he was becoming a man, this is the beginning of his eventual "killing the boy" that he later takes to the next level entirely.

So, dragons stirring in the shadow in the east? Thats pretty loaded. But where is Dany at this exact time? We don't have a great marker of her time in direct relation to Westeros, except through Illyrio/Varys, and Jorah, which is going to have some serious lag times. But maybe as the dragon eggs started inching closer to Asshai with the Khalasar, they started to stir...they were gaining in heat even before Viserys died, Drogo dies, etc. Perhaps the Targaryens didnt understand the way to hatch dragon eggs with fire, or wildfire, or we don't even realize it wasn't Dany's funeral pyre, but rather their proximity to Asshai, their original birth places, that causes them to hatch.

Dragon eggs have been hatched on Dragonstone and in kings landing

Not for a long time. It might be that the catalyst of magic returning to the world was the reunion of dragon eggs with their place of potential origin, or it could be coincidental.

"and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart." Clearly, this is indication that Arya, while training to become a faceless man, still knows "who she is," and that this is heavy on her heart.

Archived