Spearwife Discrepancy

redriver

Or just say the names and omit the appearance, it is irrelevant information anyway.

This being said, he could've said all young and pretty even if they were not exactly "all" without giving much thought and without this meaning anything. But just because the info is given, and then a certain spearwive is described differently. It is kind of odd.

Also, the guy with the stuffed manhood in his mouth. I mean, I always found it as unnecessarily cruel, especially when the spearwives are posing as prostitutes, being all seductive and stuff. It was weird to me, really. This cruelty could somehow be explained if the woman that the soldier was trying to have his way with was actually a man...

I actually think that was Whoresbane with a little imaginative aid from Ryswell.

“Or he’ll be sucking Lord Stannis’s cock before the sun goes down,” Whoresbane Umber threw back.

“He best take care it don’t break off,” laughed Rickard Ryswell. “Any man out there in this, his cock is frozen hard.”

I actually think that was Whoresbane with a little imaginative aid from Ryswell.

“Or he’ll be sucking Lord Stannis’s cock before the sun goes down,” Whoresbane Umber threw back.

“He best take care it don’t break off,” laughed Rickard Ryswell. “Any man out there in this, his cock is frozen hard.”

You mean the murderer? The spearwives confessed to all murders but Little Walder's.

I really think Whoresbane is too high profile and physically weak to be doing this stuff.Though I don't doubt which side he's on.

The Yellow Dick murder suggests someone strong,with a deep hatred for Bolton scum.

I think the spearwives,especially Myrtle were involved in all the killings apart from Little Walder.

/delurk

Tenuous link alert!

The name 'Myrtle' got me thinking - is this person a 'Judas Goat' of some kind? The Walton's goat was called 'Myrtle' and judas goats are used to bring lambs to the slaughter. Would be a nice link as it would perhaps fit with Mance's mission to Winterfell leading the Bolton's et al to slaughter.

/lurk

I really think Whoresbane is too high profile and physically weak to be doing this stuff.Though I don't doubt which side he's on.

The Yellow Dick murder suggests someone strong,with a deep hatred for Bolton scum.

I think the spearwives,especially Myrtle were involved in all the killings apart from Little Walder.

I thought the way Yellow Dick was killed was because he took too many liberties (to put it mildly) when alone with one of the spearwives.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this.To me it's one of the biggest and most obvious clues in ADWD and I don't get why it's so frequently missed,ignored or downplayed.If I'd called it Stannis is Myrtle no doubt we'd be on our third thread by now or it would have been locked after 27 pages.

One thing I'm not so sure of is that Mance has to go through Liddle lands on his journey?

Archived