ASoIaF Elimination Game 31: Where would you like to live in Westeros?

Snowborn

Getting worked up about a fucking place is ridiculous enough but a place where we've never been and have one sentence of description about is fucking beyond me.

The thing that worked me up was not that Tarth didn't make it, but rather that a city like Oldtown won. When I imagine Oldtown and King's Landing I see the typical image of a medieval city where people still throw their shit out of the window.

Well, to each his own, I just don't get the appeal of Oldtown.

I like the idea of the most annoying character. Maybe we could do this one while we sort out everything for the quotes EG.

Ok, so what are we going to have for our next one?

-kicks people back to life- I am going into London in about ten mins so ...

And I'm flying to London tonight to visit it for the first time. Any suggestions as to cool off-the-beaten-track places to see/eat/drink?

And I'm flying to London tonight to visit it for the first time. Any suggestions as to cool off-the-beaten-track places to see/eat/drink?

Such a shame we're missing each other. There's plenty of places... National Trust properties such as Ham House and Knole are really, really lovely and just out of London (southwards). There's also plenty of lovely eateries - my favourite is a Nepalese restaurant in Black Heath, which is near Greenwich. Greenwich's Royal Observatory buildings are well worth visiting and free. But there's just so much, both off-beaten and on-beaten. I am still getting round them all!

Most annoying characters list...

1. Daario

2. Lyanna (sorry - she just is!!)

3. Damphair

4. Viserys

5. Lysa Tully

6. Sweetrobin

7. Darkstar

Such a shame we're missing each other. There's plenty of places... National Trust properties such as Ham House and Knole are really, really lovely and just out of London (southwards). There's also plenty of lovely eateries - my favourite is a Nepalese restaurant in Black Heath, which is near Greenwich. Greenwich's Royal Observatory buildings are well worth visiting and free. But there's just so much, both off-beaten and on-beaten. I am still getting round them all!

Well, I'll be there the whole next week, so if you happen to wander in that direction, write me a PM and we could meet. I'll definitely spend a whole day in Greenwich, and I'm also seriously considering going to the Forbidden Planet megastore to, well, go broke in it. :D

Most annoying characters list...

1. Daario

2. Lyanna (sorry - she just is!!)

3. Damphair

4. Viserys

5. Lysa Tully

6. Sweetrobin

7. Darkstar

I agree with the most annoying character 100%. There are just too many quotes to be fun to play, and those extended games in n rounds are annoying.

But Lyanna? Why?

I suggest playing only with characters that are alive during the series and appear on page.

Also: Waymar Royce, Janos Slynt

Well, I'll be there the whole next week, so if you happen to wander in that direction, write me a PM and we could meet. I'll definitely spend a whole day in Greenwich, and I'm also seriously considering going to the Forbidden Planet megastore to, well, go broke in it. :D

If you want to meet anybody from the board, I suggest you post a thread in the BWB subforum about it. As far as I know, there are many people from London and around there.

If you want to meet anybody from the board, I suggest you post a thread in the BWB subforum about it. As far as I know, there are many people from London and around there.

Well, I have never really came across anyone from the BWB subforum. I've been posting mainly here and in the Novels section. Thanks for the suggestion, though! :)

Oh, and Cersei's quite annoying as well - you should put her on the list.

Well, I have never really came across anyone from the BWB subforum. I've been posting mainly here and in the Novels section. Thanks for the suggestion, though! :)

Oh, and Cersei's quite annoying as well - you should put her on the list.

I don't really go there either, but sometimes lurk. ;)

Lyanna is annoying because of the R+L=J

If she's not allowed on, Jon must be because of the R+L=J

Also Samwell Tarly. I'm sorry - but he just is!!!!

Definitely Sam. And Hodor has to be on the list as well.

I do not agree with neither of these suggestions, but I suppose this is what makes the game more interesting!

Archived